Seriously – What Game Did You Play? [Spoilers]

Shem

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Come to think of it, my equipment could use some scratching here and there."

...Good luck with that.

"Mira means by scratching equipment he is scratching his butt"

:raise: I'm sorry...but how can you possibly get that wrong?

"Wtf? I just got Hanharr, Hanharr killed Mira in my game. How get Mira?"

For some things...theres just no exuse.

"So...all these scenes in the game itself? Geez, I've completely underplayed the game, then."

Finally!

Great videos as always shem! I don't know whats funnier, the comments you leave, or the responses you leave them. :thmbup1:

Ah, another update. I have to tell you that your replies to inspire me to update this thread. As long as you guys keep that up, it will motivate me to keep this going.

Taking on Darth Bandon

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

This one took many takes to do as I was trying to set up a one-on-one fight between Bandon and Revan. It's not the best looking fight, but it was the best I could do at the time when I made the video.

Hello Captain Obvious:

"In Xbox you can defeat him on Kashakyya"

Okay, so I modded Jolee Bindo to be a Yoda species as many of you know about. Here’s the thing. I even mentioned it on my video’s summary and yet people still asked all the time while other users kept answering their questions. Some people:

"how did u get yoda"

"what!! Why is yoda in your team? did you cheat or isthere a way to get him?"

"HOW IS YODA ON YOUR TEAM????"

"AND HOW IS YODA ON YOUR TEAM. DOES IT WORK FOR xbox?"

"well who is that little yoda like being"

"how did you get one of those yoda people in your party?"

"how did u get the little yoda dude on your team? is that only for pc?"

"How do you get the litte Yoda guy? I want to know too"

"whos the yoda dude"

"That wasn't Yoda, that was Jedi Master Vandar Tokare"

"how did you get that small jedi master whit you"

"how come yoda is in your party???"

"How the hell did you get Yoda with you???"

"awesome master vandar! or is that yoda? o'well its still a awesome lil green man!"

"how did you get master vandar?"

"hey whose the yoda looking fellow? And where do you get him?"

A breakthrough in thinking may have happened:

"i dont hink thats yoda that the other gy"

So I make a mod, but some people out there wonder if I use my own mods:

"Are you using your Prequal Saber mod that you made from Kotorfiles?"

This is a question where I answered and this guy flew off the handle:

[user has a query]"is that a cheat?"

[shem replies]"It's called a mod."

[user freaks out]"well im sorry i am not as big of a nerd as you. i just play the games i dont put "Mods" in them then make fun of other kids for not knowing what a mod is."

Is it safe to assume that this person completed the game, but rushed through it so he never got to Level 20:

"whats the max level in this game?"

Defeating Darth Malak to Save the Republic

Some people out there didn’t know what Death Field was. It shouldn’t be shocking anymore how much people never explored their game if you have been following this thread:

"dude whats the PURPLE THUNDER power called??"

"but that force power you used whats it called?"

Or Force immunity:

"What power did you use at the beggining?"

This is a great conversation based on how badly people like to finish the game as fast as possible. Who would have thought someone would get to Darth Malak at Level 12. Here is our conversation:

[some guy] "What level were you you??"

[shem reply] "Whatever the max level you could be. What other level would you think I am?"

[some guy again] "30-40"

[shem’s next reply] "It almost seems you have never played the first KOTOR game. Level 20 is the max in KOTOR. To get to Level 30-40, you have to be playing KOTOR II: TSL."

[some guy who rushes through their game] "Hey I'm a big KotOR Fanatic! I beaten the First Game. However I did'nt complete all quests, so I was only a level 12 jedi guardian when I faced malak."

I have a heavy modified game while wearing robes not normally seen in the game that have better stats than the Star Forge robes. Here is what some people said to me thinking they’re being helpful, but not noticing the mods in front of them:

"too bad you didnt try to get revan's original robe it was at the star forge you know"

"Why you don't have the Revan robbes, if you are in the light side, you can have a white robes, if you are in the dark side, it's black, like the one he use when he was Darth Revan. This robes can be found in the Star Forge!"

Someone is trying to find Darth Revan’s Robes and the Star Forge Robes:

"where in the star forge?? I´ve looked for it many times and never found. please answer me"

I find it amusing when people freak out at me for playing the game the way I do. Using a dark side power with a light sided character is just wrong with some people out there and they have no problem telling you:

"Dude, people watch this for canonical reasons mostly... which does NOT meen draining the lives of the dead Jedi, it meens setting them free!!!"

"its not really right to drain those jedi of their life force. better if you used advanced light saber throw..."

"How can a Light Side Jedi use lightning? That's a severe mistake as far as I'm concerned."

Every now and then you have someone who wonders what game it is:

"What game is this?"

Victory Celebration

Here comes the topic of Jolee being a Yoda species from one of my mods while watching the light side ending of KOTOR and that raises questions or concerns even though I tell people in the summary (like that helps):

"2 yodaz"

"Where's Jolee?"

"why is there 2 yoda lookin dudes at the beginning?? lol"

"where is Joliee bindo"

Someone is really confused here. He really thinks Vandar is Yoda lacking the traditional Yoda grammar skills:

"Lame: yoda speaks fluently."

Then there is someone who just thinks they see Yoda:

"yoda is there!! haha"

This is back before the MMO announcement. There is always questions about KOTOR III and if Revan will be in it or you get to play as Revan again, etc, etc. But this one cracks me up:

"do you think revan will show up in KOTOR 3?? he must....please reply!!"

So I put Canderous in Mandalorian armor and it confuses people:

"how come theres a mandalorian in the background"

Here’s a great conversation I had with someone:

[some guy with a query] "on the xbox and when u finished the game is there a way to continue playing? after?"

[shem’s reply after disbelief] "You can't be serious!"

[some guy is really serious] "Dude how you mean u cant be serious i'm just asking -.- Please reply"

Here is another conversation I had with someone who needs serious comprehension skills:

[Another guy] "If Revan chose the Dark path, then the events of the movies would never have happened. Revan would have conquered the galaxy, and the Republic would have been quashed right there. Revan's successors would continue the Empire of Revan, thus preventing the Clone Wars and Sidious from coming to power."

[shem replies] "You obviously didn't play KOTOR II: TSL."

[Another guy proves he can’t comprehend to save his life] "I DID play KOTOR II. I can offer proof, if it is necessary."

This is an ending, not a bonus mission:

"what there isa bonus mission or somthen i did dark side?"

Yes, I made modding quite a hobby and somebody noticed:

"Damn Shem, you are mod happy"

Enjoy the laughs! :lol:

"Dude, people watch this for canonical reasons mostly... which does NOT meen draining the lives of the dead Jedi, it meens setting them free!!!"

And there I was thinking they watched it to avoid playing the game through themselves...

"what there isa bonus mission or somthen i did dark side?"

Jar-jar watches YouTube? :lol:

"Hey I'm a big KotOR Fanatic! I beaten the First Game. However I did'nt complete all quests, so I was only a level 12 jedi guardian when I faced malak."

First: Can one claim to be a KotOR fanatic while having never completed the game, merely reaching the end of the story?

Second: How on earth? At level 12? I do believe I detect 'invulnerability'...

Excellent update Shem!

"juhani's lesbian she likes gurls"

Ahhahhah damn thats so hilarious it really cracked me up. Some of these are real stupid and just plain idiotic, but some are basically said by people who havent played KOTORs alot. I think theres still some stuff in the games ive never seen. And i have played through the games many times.

Hmm. Not sure what to make of it...

Not sure exactly where to take this but I'll do my best:

So I make a mod, but some people out there wonder if I use my own mods:

"Are you using your Prequal Saber mod that you made from Kotorfiles?"

:rolleyes: Hmm. I wonder. Why not?

===

Some people out there didn’t know what Death Field was. It shouldn’t be shocking anymore how much people never explored their game if you have been following this thread:

"dude whats the PURPLE THUNDER power called??"

"but that force power you used whats it called?"

:dozey: Ahh, n00bz. I'm *almost* tempted to lie to them. Such cruelty would provide at least few microseconds of entertainment anyhow.

Pitiful.

===

Or Force immunity:

"What power did you use at the beggining?"

...OK. Time to toss someone in the river. Who wants to help me? :lol:

===

Someone is really confused here. He really thinks Vandar is Yoda lacking the traditional Yoda grammar skills:

"Lame: yoda speaks fluently."

Lame. You don't know your history--and this is a video game series. Don't the schools teach anything about being your own self-advocate anymore? Finding things out for yourself? On your own?

(I am beginning to believe I feel the same disgruntled feelings as Shem does all the time :dev8:)

Yes, I made modding quite a hobby and somebody noticed:

"Damn Shem, you are mod happy"

<...Thinks for a second...> HEY! :swear:

JK! I'm pretty sure I said this (or something like it) several months ago. Or maybe this is just someone else who said something similar. I recall that I was just beginning to realize just *how* deep and entrenched this whole concept of mods and modding really was--and was astounded at what a beacon Shem was as well. :lol: I do recall having at least once said something to this effect once to Shem.

What? I can have my astounded moment once or twice. Can't I?

Bastila and Jolee Converse

At this point in making YouTube videos, I have noticed that stupid questions will always come up because too many people have seriously lack basic comprehension skills and I was laughing at the idea of doing this scene on Taris because normally you don’t see Jolee on Taris. In my summary it says, ” On a side note, I brought Jolee to Taris to do this scene because I wanted to torment you all.”

Well, here's to tormenting people with Jolee on Taris :cheers: :

"how u get jolee on taris"

"Yeah how the heck did you [bring Jolee to Taris] JediShemL??"

"how did you get jolee in taris??"

"How is Jolee on Taris? I'm so confused..."

"How can u get Jolee on Taris? U get him from Kashyyk and Taris is destroyed."

"how is it that they're in taris, I thought that the planet gets destroyed when you get out if, and you meet Jolie on a different planet right? from what I remember I went to the respectful gang leader, asked to race, fought to save bastilla, and then got hold of the Ebon Hawk and flew away. Then the planet got destroyed, then at some point I met Jolee on a different planet (might have been Kashyyk. So how is he on Taris? Please explain"

"How are you on Taris?"

"How can you be on taris with jolee?"

Someone has eliminated that this couldn’t be Taris:

"what planet is that on?? it looks like Taris, in one of the apartments, but you have Jolee, so it can't be."

Sometimes you try to explain to someone how you do something, but they just don’t listen very well:

[shem answers how I got Jolee to Taris] "I warped there for fun when I did this scene."

[someone with a listening skill problem] "Didn't you use the Galaxy Droid glitch?"

[shem reiterates again] "No, I warped by using the cheat console."

Someone is really confused:

"is it in xbox?? where is it? plz tell meeeeee"

I guess someone never had Bastila and Jolee in their party before:

"Wow Shem, I've never seen this before."

Finally, a voice of reason:

"why cant people think instead of asking shem evrything"

Carth and Jolee Converse

This one doesn’t have as much controversy because there isn’t another planet out there besides Taris you could put Jolee on and have people wonder how you did it.

Some women found their true love:

"OMG I loveeeeee Carth"

This one speaks for itself:

"Is this a mod because I never heard this conversation before??"

Some people really make me laugh:

"WTF!?!? Jolee on Dantoine"

Just because someone is talked about in TSL, doesn’t mean they’re in it:

"Wait you can talk to Jolee in KOTOR 2?"

Another humorous query:

"what does BBY mean?.... Back Before Yogert?"

Let’s go back to one of my videos I’ve already covered with an update:

Using the Force Just For Fun

I never thought of Bastila this way :xp: :

"aha i forgot all about that. bastilla reminds me of mary poppins"

Enjoy the update. Your reactions are awesome! :D

This one deserves some kind of prize.

"WTF!?!? Jolee on Dantoine"

Oh dear me...so incredibly dopey. Yet amusing for it. :lol:

:rofl:

I find it amazing that people who've played these kinds of games aren't even aware of mods in the first place (esp when it's pointed out that a mod was being used). That and people's general lack of comprehension or willingness to read first and THEN ask questions. :argh:

Lemme see what I can do here:

"how is it that they're in taris, I thought that the planet gets destroyed when you get out if, and you meet Jolie on a different planet right? from what I remember I went to the respectful gang leader, asked to race, fought to save bastilla, and then got hold of the Ebon Hawk and flew away. Then the planet got destroyed, then at some point I met Jolee on a different planet (might have been Kashyyk. So how is he on Taris? Please explain"

[Mockery]: How is it that this game dare functions in a way that doesn't make sense to me? I don't think I have any sense whatsoever, and it's pretty apparent when I ask quesitons that show I obviously haven't read the description, right? From what I remember there was all this crazy stuff and you fly away. Then the planet was bombarded and you meet the old man (might have been wookiee house), please tell me sine I'm too n00b-ish to be bothered to read a simple video description.[/HK-47]

Finally, a voice of reason:

Give this person a golden millennium falcon, a root beer float, and a big sloppy "bushwhacker's kiss", this person wins for intelligent YT commentary of the year.

I never thought of Bastila this way :

2519498877_dcd991bdeb.jpg

Uhh, okay? Huhuhuh-huhuh.

Where the F*ck did THAT come from???

Another humorous query:

"what does BBY mean?.... Back Before Yogert?"

My reply would be:

Uhuhuhuh-huhuh. It means...uhh, like, you're a dumbass, or something. Uhuhuhuh-huhuhuhuh.

Kreia's Connection to Revan

This video’s comments got so out of control that I closed them. I may reopen them later to allow more stupid comments for our entertainment once I get through all my videos, but for now I must put an end to the stupidity. This is one of those times where I can do one video for an update and post a lot of information about it.

This video got more of the Kreia is Bastila comments than any of them out there. I’ll leave those out since I’ve already talked about those in another thread and even updated it recently, but other rumors were posted along with some of the funniest things ever said.

Let’s start with how some people just don’t pay attention. I can only do so much to help people know what planet I filmed this video on. I filmed it on M4-78’s raw modules. The annotations I put on there was a desperate attempt to help cut down the query about what planet this was even though it was answered several times and written in my summary, but it didn’t help. That is what prompted me to close the comments. Here is how many times people asked what planet this was on:

"Seriously, and where are you??? I dont reconize where u r"

"where are u???????"

"where is this taking place???"

"WAT IS THAT PLANET??"

"where r u in this video?"

"where the hell is this lvl???? i have never seen it and ive beaten kotor2 like 8 times????"

"what planet are they on?"

"hey i have a question. where is that place that the jedi is talking to kreia about reven?"

"Were IS This??"

"Where is this!?"

"I didnt see this map... where is it???"

"where the heck are yout two at?!!!!"

"where is this?"

"hey, where r u in this video? and how u get that"

"Where is this?"

"where are they ??? WHIch PLaNET!??¿?"

"What planet is that on Ive played the game threw many-a-times and never seen it?"

"Where do this conversation take place?"

"what planet are you on?"

"where is this plz tell me im curios"

"where are you and kreia?"

"What planet is that?"

"where is this? it isn't at koriban, dosuun, peragus etcetera"

"what planet is this how do i get on it?"

"where is this duscution taking place cuz i dont recognize the backgound"

"which planet is this?? I´ve completed the game twice and never seen that place"

"wtf planet is this!"

"where was this??????"

"where exaclty was this taken? I've never seen that background before."

"i know this conversation it's not mode but i dont know what planet is this where are they? someone tell me what planet is this because planeet like this is not in pc version kotor 2"

"here are u in that game it dosent look familar"

"what planet is that?"

"wat world is that??"

"What planet is that?"

"What planet was that? O.o"

"what planet are you on in this?"

"where, i mean, on which planet is this place where they are talking?"

"on which planet the're talking?"

"what planet is this??"

"what's the planet you are on in the vid?"

"what planet is this?"

"what planet is that?!!!"

Having Kreia remove her hood left many people wondering:

"why did she take her hood off"

"How did you get Kreia to get her hood off??"

"wtf!!! kreia in black robes and hood down!!! howdya do it???"

"nice. I've never seen Kreia with her hood down."

"How do you get her to lower her hood like that?"

"How do u get Kreia to pull her hood down???"

"how the hell u take off her hood"

"just asking how do u get kreia's hood off do u make her fall to the dark side or is it a mod"

"someone plz tell meh!!!! :( how u made her took off her hood?"

"how do u get her hood down? is it a mod? or do u need influence or something?"

"lol how u get her 2 take off hood?"

"how did you get Kreia to take her hood off?"

"How does Kreai take her hood off?"

"how did you make her cloak come of her head"

"Why isn't she wearing her hood?"

"how do you get kriea to take her hood off"

"How did you get Kreia to take off her hood?"

This guy made me laugh. If he really didn’t care, he wouldn’t have said this. Must have been jealous because he couldn’t figure out how to play with mods so he tells me off for doing it:

"What planet is this? M4-78? Mod? Probably is, not how the game is meant to be played, go download more crap. Her hood doesnt come off either."

Some people can read, but can they truly comprehend what they read:

"ok i've read the comments so you can reach this planet on the xbox by getting strong influence with kriea right?"

Where did people get the idea that role playing games were meant to be rushed through:

"wow i have to play this game over again. this time I'll spend more time on developing the characters"

The all confusing influence system strikes again:

"Can you get this convo without moding?"

Kreia is in a gray robe, but that doesn’t mean someone thinks it’s a black/Sith robe:

"how u get kreia in a dark sith robe????"

Little does this guy know that you can get this conversation on the Xbox version as well:

"man how much stuff was left out of KOTOR II, there is so much stuff I have seen here that I would not have seen otherwise, I only played it on the x box"

Someone is convinced this conversation is a mod:

"its a freakin MOD u hear me ITS A [darn] MOD gosh"

Some wonder what species Kreia is:

"is kreia a human?"

"I've always wondered. Is Kriea human?"

Someone really didn’t follow Kreia’s plan very well:

"Kreia [is] weird. What does she want from you!!!???"

Someone thought that the Exile was Revan until watching this video:

"Wait, in KOTOR 1 you were Revan. In KOTOR 2, you're not Revan? WTF? Someone explain."

How can you watch this video and wonder this:

"ok ok one thing i have to get straight is Revan (your char in KOTOR 1) the same char as your char in KOTOR 2 ????"

Maybe this game was only meant for adults:

"this game is kinda confusing hehe"

At least this person isn’t wondering if Bastila is Kreia like many others did:

"is kreia the older bastila"

Another theory that will make you laugh out loud strikes again:

"I speculate that Kreia might infact be Revan's mother. Would this entirily untrue, or thesable?"

"You think Kreia could be Revan's Mother?"

Though I don’t think what planet Revan was born on was revealed, his programmed identity was on Deralia:

"i think Revan was born in Alderaan"

I guess Obsidian released the fake version of TSL:

"does anybody have the REAL Kotor 2?"

Someone thinks this isn’t M4-78:

"i think its Nar Shaddaa or however you spell it"

What video did this guy watch:

"Dude [Kreia] practically telling you you are Darth Revan rewatch it with that in mind"

Oh, please :rolleyes: :

"Shem, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of plot twist that the exile is at least somehow related to Revan"

I’m seriously hoping this guy never played K1:

"is kreia in kotor 1"

Would this be considered a step above thinking that Bastila is Kreia:

"HEY!!! maybe Kreia is Belaya ya know juhanis' lover"

The all confusing TSL game made this guy wonder. Maybe we should petition for it to be rated “M” to keep the impatient teens away from it (I know it wouldn't work, but it's the thought that counts):

"Where did Darth Nihilus come from? Is he Revan? ive had KOTOR 2 for 3 years and i can't figure that out"

I’m not going to try to make sense out of that one:

"did u know that in kotor cartoon the exile is a son of revan?"

I would say this is KOTOR II: TSL, right:

"i think this game is really the kotor 3 game"

Paying attention to the dialogue always helps:

"I still dont [know] to this day what kreias true plan is, well was"

I debated on showing this comment, but everybody deserves to have the laugh I got out of it. However, could you please keep your comments to yourself? Just read it, get your laugh out of the way, or go to the toilet and puke if you need to; move on and let us never speak of this again:

"oh god kreia jsut gave me a raging erection"

Just think there is more stupidity coming! :xp: I’m still enjoying your reactions! :D

I must say... well I must say, now there's a fancy breed!

Really, this thread is an absolute riot. At least it was. I laughed a lot at first. Then a little less. Then barely at all. I still laugh, sometimes, but not much. The complete, unadulterated stupidity of these people is beyond me. It's not funny. It's sad.

Okay, it IS funny :rofl:

Clearly, YouTube is home to some odd and troubled beings...

Well of course. 'Cause Belaya ages more in five years than Bastila. And changes her accent. And becomes a Jedi Master, gets cast out, is mentioned in a recording from the end of the Mandalorian War, reigns as a Sith Lord, trains at least three people...

Apart from those little things, that's an airtight argument. :D

It's incredible how easily some people can be confused. Change a few colours, have characters they have been staring at for the best part of twenty-odd hours do something marginally different, and they think it's a different game...

"wow i have to play this game over again. this time I'll spend more time on developing the characters"

Good idea:D

"i think its Nar Shaddaa or however you spell it"

Did this guy played the game?

Uhhh....okay if you say so...:indif:

:rofl:

"ok i've read the comments so you can reach this planet on the xbox by getting strong influence with kriea right?"

:raise: ...

"Wait, in KOTOR 1 you were Revan. In KOTOR 2, you're not Revan? WTF? Someone explain."

Let me put this in a way you can understand: Revan is gone. He left after the events of K1. He ain't coming back.

"I speculate that Kreia might infact be Revan's mother. Would this entirily untrue, or thesable?"

...No. Just no.

...I don't think so Tim. :indif:

Unless I've missed something...I don't think there is a KOTOR cartoon.

Great finds as always Shem! :thmbup1:

This one is still my favourite:

"lol i bet none of u guys have beat the game lol... thats not darth bandon!!!! remem when u face him on tairs? he says after he besas u his master might reward him with a light saber? that guy already has 1!!!!! and second wtf??!!! zingodoom?!!! u dont have any party members exepct the droid carth onasai and bastala when u fight him!!! u talkin outta ur [snip]!!!!"
So Carth is a droid and T3-M4, Zaalbar and Mission never existed? Huh? Then I must have played another game than you. I bet mine is KotOR 3!:argh:

Totally::argh::argh::argh:

Archived