Home

Transporter

Hunter-Killer

Hi! I was bored and watching Star Trek on TV. I was wondering if I could add an essential part of Trek technology to KotOR II: The Transporter! This could be incorporated into the cargo bay. This mod would give you a combadge, which you would receive while you visit your old quarters on the Harbinger. It would be useless until you reach Telos IV.

This could be used throughout the game as an emergency escape in combat, or just a quick way to get back to the Ebon Hawk. When you active it, you need to wait five seconds as the transporter locks onto you. Then you will turn blue (like the effect of the energy shield) and the screen will turn black. The screen would then go back to the game, you, still blue in the transporter, turn back to normal.

This mod would also add a new character: Scotty! A human male in a red shirt and black pants, he stands by the transporter (this part was a joke).

But seriously, is it possible to Bao-Dur to be by the "Transporter Console" (a cosmetic only console)?

Of course there would be places the transporter won't work. Here are the explanations:

Onderon- The Ebon Hawk is on landed on planet or in orbit. It is still on Dxun.

Sith Cave on Dxun- Only the Jedi Exile has the combadge, and thus the party members cannot beam themselves up.

When the slavers are in the ship on Nar Shaada- The slavers cut the power, so you need to manually get there.

G0-T0's ship- The ship's advanced shields prevents the transporter from penetrating it.

Mercenary Attack on Dantooine- All the blaster fire interferes with the transporter's locking sequence.

Malachor V- The Ebon Hawk is too damaged to use the transporter.

Now, before I waste my time, is this possible?

Not so dissimilar to the Return to Ebon Hawk option in K1, just you want to jazz it up with some graphics, which seems fun.

There are some problems with Rapid Transport.... seems to mess up triggers and what not, which K2 is more sensitive to than K1. I am not sure how feasible this mod is without creating bug city... but it is not outside the realm of possibility.

I thinke he means the triggers when boarding the Ebon Hawk (the different cut scenes).

But I kinda like the idea of the red shirted pal operating the transporter...

Or maybe white shirt with black vest, as the blue effect was first seen in the movies, and they didn't have red shirts then.

Archived