Home

Modeling request - Remove the Hawk...

Lord2

Lucasmembers :p

I have a modeling request to make, it's not really "hard" for those who have the requirements. But anyway, could someone remove the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shaddaa, or make it invisible.

Or maybe explain how, I've 3ds Max and the module all set up, can't export though, and get the typical 3ds max file into a .mdl to get it to work in the game - the tutorials around here confuses me. I can't get it done :mad:

gold? Pic? Might be cool!

That's happened to me before. Looks more like a gold square pattern splashed on the Hawk. Oddly, it did a purple-ish thing similar to it when I tried to do a purple/black reskin of the Hawk's outer hull(Similar to the Red/Black one on Kfiles).

Same thing happened when I tried to erase away Visas.

I might have a solution. When you want to make something metallic, a txi file is generally used. Apparently, this just tells what shaders to use when rendering the skin. If you could override the txi for the Hawk Skin to not apply the metallic shine, then I think you should be good.

Though, I have yet to try it... I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: Alright. I have a solution for you my friend. You need to create an override txi for the skin since the default txi enables a metallic appearance.

There are probably other ways to do this.. but here's a txi that helped me with my Visas issue.

Just open up notepad and enter the text between the lines

mipmap 0

blending punchthrough

save the file as [yourskinname].txi and put it in your override folder. In conjunction with the empty file, the Hawk should have completely disappeared.

Did it work?

Nice, really nice - I am beginning to love you VarsityPuppet.

But... What's this?

swkotor22009-05-2019-05-09-22.png

I've the following files, I exported the module from KotOR tools and removed the content of both .tga (skin) files with nothing. Just replace an empty notepad file with the same name.

301nara-ascii.mdl

per_eh2.txi (mipmap 0, blending punchthrough)

dan_wn02.tga

nar_fl04.tga

nar_lt03.tga

nar_tr01.tga

nar_tr03.tga

nar_tr05.tga

nar_wl01.tga

nar_wl07.tga

nar_wl08.tga

nar_wnd2.tga

per_eh1.tga (0 kb - nothing, just the file)

per_eh1.txi (mipmap 0, blending punchthrough)

per_eh2.tga (0 kb - nothing, just the file)

Uh... it appears to be a floating paper towel.

I'm not equipped to test this theory, but there are a couple of things you could try.

Assuming there's an issue with the skin, you might try GIMPing the images until they're completely transparent and invisible. I'm not sure if having an empty notepad file would have the same effect so you could try that.

or... try having an empty .txi file. I have no idea what blending punchthrough does anyways.

Otherwise, I believe there might be one more skin that you have to make invisible, but at the moment, I have no idea what it would be.

I'll investigate a bit and return later.

I opened the images in Photoshop, and set transparency and fill to 0%. The module became grey instead of disappearing.

EDIT: (The Ebon Hawk skin)

EDIT2: An empty .txi file gives the ship the golden look again.

Archived