Home

Death

Miltiades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the idea of cloning. At least I think it's a bad idea. Some would feel like 'cheating the system' (thereby taking on somewhat a RP position). But in comparison to the movies. Take the movies as an example. It would be kind of less exciting if Luke, Han, Leia or someone else died, and were simply cloned back. Now I now these are the conditions in SWG, and that there was also all that clone stuff going on with the Emporer in the extended universe. The point is, we aren't all Cylons. There should be a uniqueness connected to our lives in the game.

To get back on track.

I think the idea of being incapacitated is good, since it doesn't offend the 'realism'. A fair punishment could include being dragged to a medical facility (Bacta, bacta and more bacta), having you to travel back to your previous location yourself. Either with or without your equipment (lootable tombstone at death-scene?).

the whole bacta tank - hospital thingy sounds good - what if there were medical ships from each side, in orbit above every planet in the game, picking people up? and every time you die, you wake up on one of these ships, and then have to explain to them what happened, and then ( for medical reasons or whatever) have to be held there for a bunch of hours/minuites?

• 3 weeks later...

Persnally i think a time based DP is the best one. When you die you res at the nearest outpost with a 15 minute death penalty of -10% wounds or stats with an option to clear this at a healer for a charge. Unless you are ressed by a team member when this could be reduced to 30 seconds.

This is how it works in Warhammer Online PVE and makes for a much faster style of play. You can get straight back into the action and if you die again you can always clear the dp by visiting the healer.

How about just not getting killed? :D

What would be great if the death scenes were in context to your situation. i.e, if you are in a party, you could have a GoW2 style "crawl to a teammate" vibe.

Going solo? maybe you could have an upgradeable ability or item that sends out a becon when you are dead/incapacitated to call a medic crew- sith or republic, depending on alliance ofc.

Just some more for the pool.

Archived