Home

The Mandalorian Blockade Is Broken

News

The official site have today released video #2 in the timeline.As part of his accounting of recent events in the galaxy’s timeline, Master Gnost-Dural, Keeper of the Jedi Archives, has entered a new holorecord on the subject of the Mandalorian Blockade.BTC 7 - A Mandalorian blockade is positioned along the Republic’s primary trade route resulting [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

Well, this pretty much confirms a Smuggler class for the Republic.

Everyone note the Hammerhead-esque cruiser's resemblance to the Rebel Blockade Runner. That is what this game should have: Not completely KotOR or Saga era designs, but a combination of both, as if documenting the evolution of a design. Of course, the LAAT right beside the cruiser pretty much cancels out that notion.

Also, note that the Mandalorians still retain their Neo-Crusader armor from KotOR I. Every other faction gets a new art scheme, but apparently not the Mandalorians.

Yeppers, Pretty cool if you ask me. The LAAT like craft seems different enough to be an earlier craft design. Looked larger, more like a ship the LAAT would have been based on.

I REAAAALLLYY hope there's a space element. I was a pilot in SWG, and would hope to have that available in this game... Just seems like it screams for space battles.

Funny. The comic makes me want to run away screaming, but the time line makes me optimistic.

The Timeline is entertaining, but the fact they're going further back in time with every entry is what makes it interesting.

Lots of similarities with the prequels/Clone Wars again, and only the Neo-Crusader armor and Hammerhead-class ships that has a link with KotOR, though they couldn't really go around the latter, since it was still being used 2,500 years later.

Yeah, I'm more interested in the timeline than I am the web comic. (Mainly because I need to keep on top of what they keep announcing/screwing up regarding 25,000 BBY era in order to adjust my story accordingly, but anyway.)

I've been wondering when they were finally going to update the timeline. If the length of time between this and the previous entry is any indication, it looks like these updates will occur every two months. (Which means that it'll be towards the latter half of 2011 by the time they get to the period on which I need information. :()

I really don't see the Trooper armor as too Clone Wars-esc. In fact, I'm glad that they at least updated the Republic troops to have some sort of armor. The fact that they had no armor in K1 and TSL irked me. This armor style is the perfect hybrid of KOTOR and prequel style, thus making it more plausible.

I am glad to see that the Mandalorians in their Neo-Crusader armor. Not too much has changed under Canderous and his successors I see.

I really don't see the Trooper armor as too Clone Wars-esc. ~snip~

I wont continue this argument for much longer as I have plastered it wherever I can post words but...

Untitled-2-3.jpg

If people cannot see that it is a direct copy of the Clone armor then I'm hallucinating or something lol.

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Again, it's not that it isn't plausible for this era to now be the Origin of the Clone Armor... it's just that it is Laziness and lowering of Quality on Biowares part, and most importantly Boring! there's nothing more boring than Star Wars movie Armor IMO(Apart from Boba's to a degree)

Don't even start with the Sith Trooprs they look like black stormtroopers with that wierd plade going down the sides of the visor, that the kotor sith troopers have.

It would have been better if they used this armor but make the paint scheme look more the like the armor they had in kotor (talking about republic now)

It would have been better if they used this armor but make the paint scheme look more the like the armor they had in kotor (talking about republic now)
It wouldn't be enough, but at least it'd give us the sense it at least has a link with the old Republic uniforms.

Don't even start with the Sith Trooprs they look like black stormtroopers with that wierd plade going down the sides of the visor, that the kotor sith troopers have.
Don't know if those are Sith Troopers, but they look like those Dark Troopers. I agree with adamqd that the most important impact this has is that it's boring. We've all seen it too much already.

Yeah its a little strange how in 500 was it? years that a army of what looks like militia gets big armor that would be used for all out war, and when they had 2 wars right after eachother they had no bulky armor, they were really as well geared as rebels.

Honestly, the full body armor is going to look similar. For similar coverage, it's going to look around the same.... Take modern Kevlar. Build a suit that covers the whole body including the legs....

Heck even Master Chief's armor(Halo) looks similar to ST armor. Just paint it white.

Truth be known, all modern sci-fi armor is to some extent based on the original Stormtrooper armor, so the similarities don't bother me too much. However, I think that they may be straying just a bit too far from KotOR 1 and 2, which had a great ambiance, partially because of its unity of design, and I was hoping they would continue that in TOR.

Edited for iPhone stupidity.

The main gripe I have with this is that I had always assumed that the clone trooper armor was based on traditional Mandalorian armor, thanks mainly to Jango Fett. Now we see that that was not the case.

On the other hand, I suppose I don't have much of a problem with it. It seems perfectly plausible that the clone trooper armor was inspired by a hybrid of ancient Republic trooper armor and contemporary Mandalorian warrior armor. Not only that, but I take this whole thing to mean to imply not that this same basic design had been in place for over 3,600 years, from the time of the Great War to the time of the Clone Wars, but rather that the cloners of Kamino (or, more plausibly, Syfo-dias when he placed the order) called for a design reminiscent of the Republic's finest soldiers during one of the high points of its militeristic activity.

This would certainly serve as a means to boost moral, not just among the clone troopers but also among the Jedi Knights and the citizenry of the Galactic Republic. And of course, it is certainly possibly that Jango Fett further resquested that a Mandalorian design also be incorporated (mainly in the helmets' visors) in order to create a sense of connection with those troopers whom he trained in the art of Mandalorian warfare and enable him to implement a strong sense of unity which he himself once experienced among his own brothers-in-arms.

[Edit] Gotta love how my thought provoking posts put everything at rest and end all bickering. :D

Archived