Home

Padawan Braids for K1 PC heads

DarthJacen

You know in K1, you're character never rises above the rank of Jedi Padawan in the order, but none of the heads have the pulled back buzz cut with padawan braid that signaled their rank in the order. After Taris, you train on Dantooine and from that point on you are a Jedi Padawan. So, I would like to see both prequel style padawan hairstyles replace the main and dark side heads. Also to keep with the movie style idea the dark side transitions should not change skin tone, either.

^^^ All of the Padawan are children.... Children being trained as Jedi Padawan have the tradition of the braids.

Revan was no child, and although it is canon, Bastila was no padawan.

It seems a little strange to ask a grown man to get a buzz-cut but leave so tails on it... because he started a new career path.

@qui_gon_glenn

On the other hand, you could have little jedi children wandering around with braids... though, that could be straight up annoying.

@DarthJacen

The zombie DS transitions are one of my favorite parts of both games. I am under the assumption that full dark-side mastery would do such a thing to your appearance, though maybe not to the point of a walking corpse.

Someone (maybe myself) could make a mask that when equipped' date=' gives the character a padawan braid. It might take me some time to make all the colors but I could try.[/quote']

Hey! I welcome the effort!

I think it's a good idea, as we can see in KotOR comics that padawans were already using the braids. It's a minor detail, but it may create a more accurate game experience.

That and the fact that George Lucas himself has stated that Jedi Padawans must wear this hairstyle until they passed the trials and become knighted.

^^^ All of the Padawan are children.... Children being trained as Jedi Padawan have the tradition of the braids.

It seems a little strange to ask a grown man to get a buzz-cut but leave so tails on it... because he started a new career path.

Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker were still wearing their braids even though they were both adults by the time of the respective movie. The Padawan braid tells every Jedi that you are not, yet, a knight.

@qui_gon_glenn

On the other hand, you could have little jedi children wandering around with braids... though, that could be straight up annoying.

@DarthJacen

The zombie DS transitions are one of my favorite parts of both games. I am under the assumption that full dark-side mastery would do such a thing to your appearance, though maybe not to the point of a walking corpse.

That sounds like your preference and opinion rather than canonical fact. The movies clearly show that the dark side does not change your outward appearance except for the eyes, temporarily. This is why Padme did not recognize that she was pleading to Darth Vader and not Anakin Skywalker. Again, this has been confirmed by GL.

That sounds like your preference and opinion rather than canonical fact. The movies clearly show that the dark side does not change your outward appearance except for the eyes, temporarily. This is why Padme did not recognize that she was pleading to Darth Vader and not Anakin Skywalker. Again, this has been confirmed by GL.

If you're going by that theology, then you might as well abandon DS transitions altogether.

_41126941_starwars_anakin300.jpg

Anakin has sith eyes and his skin is pale here. At least do something like that. Though, IMO, he'd look much more evil if his face was more dead-looking.

Hey! I welcome the effort!

I'm on it! I'll PM you when the first one is done.

Quick note: If you want them to be animated, then you'll have to have someone else do that. I can do the model then send it to whoever animates it.

We should get back to the topic of padawan braids.

I'm on it! I'll PM you when the first on is done.

Quick note: If you want them to be animated, then you'll have to have someone else do that. I can do the model then send it to whoever animates it.

Cool! Thank you!

We should get back to the topic of padawan braids.

Ok, but first...

If you're going by that theology, then you might as well abandon DS transitions altogether.

_41126941_starwars_anakin300.jpg

Anakin has sith eyes and his skin is pale here. At least do something like that. Though, IMO, he'd look much more evil if his face was more dead-looking.

Lighting. His face is under a hood for the most part of the movie in which he is Darth Vader, so that his glowing yellow-and-red eyes would be hidden so that the Jedi couldn't see that he turned to the dark side when Operation Knightfall started. So his face is going to look different because hes under the hood.

Ok, time for some on-topicness

If you need someone to do some texturing for the braids, I'd be happy to supply the base hair. You'd have to do some color changing so that the braid matches the hair for each model.

This was in the OP.

Also to keep with the movie style idea the dark side transitions should not change skin tone, either.

Canon in fiction is an interesting thing, no?

Darth was originally the first name of Vader who was in no way related to Anakin. He was a student that had been brought into the Order by Ben Kenobi. Darth was his name. Through the progression of the movies and EU this changed.

Sith was originally a simple, relatively insignificant alien world to which Darth had been sent early in his career to solve some local troubles. True to the character he always had (and Ben Kenobi's shame) he solved the problems with slaughter. It earned him the title among the more streetwise in the galaxy as Lord of the Sith. Not an official title, a reputation, sort of like a chide really, like the Butcher of Bakersfield.

All changed now.

Canon, an interesting thing.

I think you might best be served having an idea of a mechanic with Dark Side transitions. Decide which part of "canon" you wish to apply and have an idea of why such and such is happening to the character's appearance.

For example I personally dislike the assertion that anyone who takes to the dark side immediately rushes to the nearest tattooist. I can't think of anything more ridiculous, and it lessen's Maul's unique character and background.

As for the Sith Eyes, these are definitely canonical now and hard to avoid. Personally I like them as they reflect a deeper understanding for how the Force works, and the nature of the Jedi Council and tells us much more about how Palpatine gets his power. These ideas draw from the Eastern mythological and Jungian aspects of the Force (the living universe, collective subconscious, etc.).

With respect to other physical alterations, it was canonical that Palpatine was once human but had been twisted and deformed by his intimacy and use of the Dark Side of the Force over a long period. Back in the ESB day it was tossed around a few tables that he may have become immortal, but probably couldn't be regarded very human anymore.

^^^ All of the Padawan are children....
Seriously? Wow, you need to watch the Prequels again. Now get back to me when you watch Episode I: The Phantom Menace and you hear Qui-Gon Jinn call Obi-Wan Kenobi his Padawan. Then Watch Episode II: Attack of the Clones and you hear Obi-Wan Kenobi call Anakin Skywalker his Padawan.

In fact, I'll show you a couple of pictures taken by me with the subtitles on of both movies so you know where to go back and hear it for yourself.

episodeilines20.jpg

episodeiilines1097.jpg

Even though Revan was referred to as a Padawan throughout the game.

Oh, run that by me again about Bastila not being a Padawan. Pay attention to the dialogue.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
padawanbastila.jpg

I also encourage you to pay that part of the game again and listen to the dialogue when being introduced to the Jedi Council on Dantooine if you still can't accept it.

:ugh:

I think it's important to keep in mind that the mask idea is better than modelling the player's head. Why? Because you are not still a padawan when the game starts at Endar Spire. After the Dantooine scenes is when the player should be provided with the braid, so this way the game experience is better.

{snip}

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
padawanbastila.jpg

{snip}

This seems to contradict Bastila's (short lived) speculating she's "auditioning" for masterhood by taking on the Revan assignment.

Me? You're the one who thought this was her big audition for "'Masterhood'!

This seems to contradict Bastila's (short lived) speculating she's "auditioning" for masterhood by taking on the Revan assignment.
What we do know is that being called "Master" in the Jedi order doesn't mean you're a Jedi Master as evident by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. With Bastila "tutoring" Revan, she is in a sense being a master to him/her.

Here's a thought. We know that Mission is 14-years-old. Here is a scene to check out in regarding to Bastila's age.

Here is the part that should jump out at you:

"Childish? Is that a crack about my age? You ain't much older than me, miss high and mighty!"

Canon in fiction is an interesting thing, no?

I'll say. I'm sure there are much better things to worry about than which DS transition scheme is better and whether Revan would have a padawan braid the second time around becoming a Jedi. Perhaps the council didn't deem it necessary to give him a haircut when you know... the whole galaxy was at stake. As for Bastila, who knows? All I know is that most women wouldn't shave their heads for any reason. Then again, I don't know any jedi women...

I'm out.

Someone (maybe myself) could make a mask that when equipped' date=' gives the character a padawan braid. It might take me some time to make all the colors but I could try.[/quote']

That would be really cool! (any chance you'd include a red hair varient for those of use in love with PC recolors?) ((hint,hint))

^_^

That would be really cool! (any chance you'd include a red hair varient for those of use in love with PC recolors?) ((hint,hint))

^_^

It may take me a while due to some memory issues on my laptop, but I think I may be able to accommodate your request ;)

Archived