Home

Monkey 1 coming back to Live Arcade?

diduz

I'll believe this when I see a press release from LucasArts. I've heard too many phony Monkey rumors in the past 9 years.

And even with official word from LucasArts, There's no guarantee it'll actually get released.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I know why all the 30-somethings were complaining in '97 when the Star Wars Special Edition came out.

Any change to a classic is going to rub people the wrong way who grew up with the franchise.

Now I know why all the 30-somethings were complaining in '97 when the Star Wars Special Edition came out.

Any change to a classic is going to rub people the wrong way who grew up with the franchise.

I dunno, if you take a close look at it, it looks like they did a damn fine job, and you can always revert back to the original version if you want.

I'm gonna be a twenty-something whining about an adventure game that no one cares about anyhow.

This new cover makes me want to stomp Guybrush in his smugly face.

And let me also repeat myself: WTF did they do with his hair!?

imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=1312782_img1;key2=-100_img1

The demo movie looks pretty awesome, non the less. They did a great job on the new backgrounds and stuff. Voice acting seems to be all right as well.

Why does every new incarnation of Monkey Island require a completely new artistic style and redesign of Guybrush? Steve Purcell's original art direction was the best, and should've been the standard to follow, 3D or no 3D.

secret-of-monkey-island_box_front_1600x2011.jpg

Why does every new incarnation of Monkey Island require a completely new artistic style and redesign of Guybrush? Steve Purcell's original art direction was the best, and should've been the standard to follow, 3D or no 3D.

We should go on a date. What are you doing Friday?

I agree wholeheartedly, but hey... overall you have to say this is fantastic. I hope they do the same with MI2, then we'll have the first 3 games in a great state. EMI isn't worth "saving". I'm actually more excited about this remake than MI5, which seems to have the same cheesy 3D graphics as MI4... I just pray it won't have that awful interface. I've played Monkey 1, 2 and 3 probably 50 times over, each, and you know to this day I still haven't completed EMI. I just pull my hair out at it whenever I try.

But a remake of MI1, faithful to the original... :thmbup1:

Archived