Home

Battlefront: Elite Squadron

jrrtoken

I found a tidbit on Kotaku that seems that we'll have a new Battlefront game in for release. :)

But it's not Battlefront III, and it's only for the PSP and DS. :(

From the ESRB website:

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

Platform: PSP

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: "This is an action game in which players experience different battles from the Star Wars universe. Presented in a third-person perspective, the game allows players to engage in space, land, and air battles or build troops and upgrade armies in a strategy-based mode. Players can use laser guns (i.e., blasters), explosives, and lightsabers to destroy enemy robots (i.e., droids) and humans who often cry out in pain when attacked. During one dramatic cutscene sequence, an unarmed man is sliced by a lightsaber, while another character is shot in the back with a blaster."

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

Platform: Nintendo DS

Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: " Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is an action adventure game in which players experience different battles from the Star Wars universe. From a third-person perspective, players engage in space battles, 'speeder bike' chases, and top-down battling. The ground battle includes constant laserfire combined with hand-to-hand combat using 'lightsabers.' A depleting health bar and various "yelps" indicate damage inflicted upon certain characters."

Well, at least it's something from LA that's not Clone Wars, but it's still not goddamn BF3. I don't know whether to happy or mad; probably a mixture of both, with a helping of confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

I think BF:ES will be like BF:RS, only better...

But the fans of the series aren't waiting for another portable game.

WE NEED A SEQUEL ON PC, X-BOX AND PS3!

I believe that's bothering most people for 3 years... While I'm waiting for a RepCom sequel. (Something like Imperial Commando).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish they would quit rubbing the Star Wars Battlefront into the ground thus tarnishing iit by releasing sequels of Battlefront series on handheld video games systems. It hurts consumer confidence in the video gaming industry and it Lucasfilm. It is a quick way to milk consumers by jumping on the bandwagon slappng the Star Wars Battlefront name, which by the way was the 2 highest grossing star wars video games. The screenshots were terrible for this game. Letting Free Radical take everything when they went under was another bad idea by Lucasarts. Probably why Jim Ward got out before it went to the press.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived