Home

My SWBF3 Classes

I wonder why you would make engineers for Republic/Separatist even more ridiculously imbalanced with turret dispenser, yet the later era engineers don't...

Also, it wouldn't be a "Guardian Droid," but the Magna Guard. Guardian Droids weren't even a major character anywhere, other than Star Wars: Droids, which was nothing.

Something I would like to see are more classes in space... A captain/admiral class for space would be cool. They could have a rally of some sort, and (this has been discussed before), maybe they'd be able to command the vessel itself.

Noting the side-by-side battle between the Invisible Hand and Guarlara over Coruscant, the turbolaser/proton torpedo exchange of bombardment reminded me of classic naval warfare in the 17th-19th centuries. I'd like to see more of that in BFIII. Moving capital ships, maybe a couple of them, and realistic ship sizes, unlike what BFII now has, which is very disproportionate when you actually look.

While some of your ideas are okay, it would need a lot of revisions to make it actually balanced.

Balance, that's the million dollar idea, isn't it? Probably something that is not going to be first and foremost in the developers' minds. As for another concern about space, I would prefer it if, on so many of the space maps, the flagships weren't right on top of each other, causing nothing but landing parties throughout the whole game.

Here's my list.

Sepratists

Battle droid

Super Battle Droid

Dwarf spider droids mark 1 & 2

Crab droids

Those Commando droids off of the Clone Wars

Magna guards with melee weapons

Droikekas

The Octuptarra droids

The Chameleon droids

Maybe the Annihilator droid

Cortosis Super Battle Droids

Baron droids

Ultra battle droids

(all of these droids won't be available all at once,of course)

Republic

Clone troopers

Episode 3 troopers

Jet troopers

clone engineers

clone sharpshooters

clone pilots

Clone commandos

Arc troopers

Intel officers

I don't want to bother with the other factions now

• 2 weeks later...

Wow it's been a log time since I logged on to state my opinion on the lasest BFIII ideas...anyways. Nice long list man I love it except for the fact that most of those would unbalance the game completely. And I like also see space units like Lord Jhredmo already stated in his post. Overall the list has some good ideas but it would cause severe balance issue(turret dispenser for engineer...)

I think there should be no more than two new units to each faction. Having a billion different options isn't necessary.

I'd add-

Republic:

-Advanced Recon Commando (ARC)

CIS:

-Octuptarra Combat tri-droid

Empire:

-Storm Commando

Rebels:

-Rebel Infiltrator

That would be completely awesome! Those units would make a fine addition to the game. I'd also like to see some more heroes/villains added.

No more than two? The others have had at least 4 classes. I think 2 would bring it too low. But I do get what you're saying though, that 10 classes per factions is way too many for a Battlefront game.

Anyway, those would be some good bonus classes to put into the game as long as they weren't not over-powered.

No more than two? The others have had at least 4 classes. I think 2 would bring it too low. But I do get what you're saying though, that 10 classes per factions is way too many for a Battlefront game.

I don't think 10 classes per faction would be too many. As long as all of the classes have are balanced, I'd enjoy the diversity. That was something that Frontlines: Fuel of War did very nicely. You could "create" your own class. This allowed for quite a bit of diversity even though there was a small amount of weapons to choose from (about 5-6).

I like the create-a-class idea. Frontlines was a nice game that went unwanted by many gamers though(too bad... I loved it). It could work a little like COD4's class system which was one of the best ever made. But of course some would hate it because it is not the classic battlefront style.

You are right about that if the 10 classes were balanced, it would still work but not the ones that omg...whatever his name is... made.

I do enjoy the classics myself. I dislike the SBD however.

@TK101-

That was just my opinion, I'm saying it's right or wrong just I don't think the game should be flooded with new features. I do have an interesting idea though.

A special forces mode. Like Assault, only with the spec units of each faction. Rebels/Republic vs. Empire/CIS.

Your thoughts?

It would make a nice idea for an IGF event, if that were available... But isn't that basically Hunt mode?... I mean, it could be implemented into the Hunt format.

I have to reiterate to commend jawa on his comment on the background trademarking by bbq... l-o-l... Just l-o-l....

I never got Modding on Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. I would say allowing modding in a Battlefront 3 would be no use to me. I definitely think keeping it simple to the 4 original armies, Confederacy, Republic, Empire, and Rebels is the way to go. The way to enahnce the game is adding enemies/allies from native people of that particular planet. Battlefront 1 and 2 were terrible on that issue. The computer allies/enemies were too stupid or really hard. Here is what they should put in the game:

Gungans and Naboo soldiers-Naboo

Tusken Raiders, Jawas-Dune Sea

Jawas, various aliens species-Mos Eisley

Jawas, various alien species-Mos Espa

Gammeroan Guards, Weequay, other jabba guards, Jabba's Palace

Wampas-Hoth

Ugnaughts and cloud city guard- Bespin

Ewoks-Endor

Geonosians-Geonosis

Kaminoians-kamino

wookiees-Kashyyyk

republic security,royal guards and senate guards-Courscant