Home

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

@ Silveredge9:

So rather than completely reinstall KOTOR and try reinstalling BOSSR after that, I did a manual. At first when I saw the instructions in this thread, I thought "Why does he even bother? TSLPatcher will solve everything!" Apparently not. ;)

Unfortunately, a mod I was hoping would work with BOSSR (Robes for Korriban Sith Students) still does not work. No biggy.

Now, my review of original BOS:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The first I thing I noticed was the dialog with Dwix. You got rid of that Anakin-Qui-Gon dialog. I thought the DS alternatives were funny but it was best that went away.

Overall execution of the mod skyrocketed from the 11.07. You fixed a bunch of glitches previously present like Shadow's head on Revan's Flagship and Drexl's Mask not appearing on his face to begin with. (Funny bug I had when I tried the game with a bad install: Drexl was a DS Vandar! :D) I also noticed it was harder than before. It made sense for the Brothers to wield the blue saber they got from Drexl, but somehow it did not fit them well since they are Sithy. Then again, Exar Kun had one. :p

I'm very glad you kept your convictions regarding Revan. Those ingame viewpoints were what taught me to think beyond Light and Dark and I was worried you'd remove them when you said you were rewriting everything.

As for the Brotherhood:

1) Their part of original BOS felt much more like a horror story, which was awesome. More good execution.

2) I do think, however, that you removed some of the mystery behind them by defining them as much as you have. They became less of a collective of higher beings and more of a bunch of evil Force ghosts trapped in a Rakata Mind Trap. You also removed the "redemption" of Akirakon Sin. That was one of the best parts of BOS IMO, but that's probably because you wanted to do BOSSR. I dunno, I'm probably trying to be picky when I don't need to.

The only thing I would have done differently would be to give the current Orion captain a name.

Will start SR soon.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ Silveredge9:

So rather than completely reinstall KOTOR and try reinstalling BOSSR after that, I did a manual. At first when I saw the instructions in this thread, I thought "Why does he even bother? TSLPatcher will solve everything!" Apparently not. ;)

Unfortunately, a mod I was hoping would work with BOSSR (Robes for Korriban Sith Students) still does not work. No biggy.

The TSLPatcher install file did not work for you because you either didn't extract the empty folders or you deleted them, and as I explained in one of my previous posts, they are need for the installation.

And as for the Robes for Korriban Sith Students no longer working, the simple reasoning behind that is because you performed a manual install, and so overwrited your current appearance.2DA. As stated in the read-me, choosing the manual install method severely reduces the likelihood of BoS:SR being compatible with any other mods you may currently have installed.

Post any bugs you find, even if they're only minor.

OK, this is a really tiny one

Show spoiler

The non-canon key has the name non-canon but in the descriptions it is spelled non-cannon.

Show spoiler

Also I have found the Non-canon locker yay :D

bossr_046.jpg

Is that part of an easter egg? Because I don't remember a Gizka in that area of the Czerka Mining Facility.

Here's how you can do it(don't read if you want to figure it out yourself)

Show spoiler
There are some other creatures/aliens in cages like wookies and iriaz. Go to the terminal near the cages, slice the computer and free the beasts(they won't attack you,just the czerka)

I found a bug which has occured because of my stupidity(I think):D

Show spoiler
So when you talk to Berloc Lee and accept to find out more about that rumor, the administartor's assistant should be alive and you shouldn't have talked to the Administrator. I have already done that assasination quest, and now I can't speak with the Hutt.:( I guess I should load one of my saves......

Great mod Silver! I am still playing after 7+hours, and now only am approaching the end.

However, there are a few bugs, probialy user error on my end, vista, or both, but here they are.

In the game, it crashes every few module loads, outside and inside of BOS, I have a clean game, clean override, and never had this problem before, still, the bug is easily overcome by loading the module or autosave that crashed and playing it once I restart the game.

Now this may be because I took your BOS_Save and used KSE to change the character from a female to a male, and changed the alignment. That is all i did, however I don't see how that would cause BOS to crash, but it is my only deduction."

Show spoiler
And yes I did a re-install of both it and BOS, and redownloaded BOS, however, despite the bugs, am already inside the Temple of Shadow, and still enjoying the mod more than any other Kotor Mod out there. Thanks for your great work!

It will also occasionaly crash when I engage a NPC in combat, notably a corrupted minor inside the mining tunnels, a takuta in the wastes, and a mandalorian inside mandalore's ship."

"Now for the eastereggs, I saw THX1138, and "Mass Effect Generator" I thought that easter egg hilarious. Also, several references to events only known in TSL or stuff were found in the Questions inside the Czerka Residential Level, thanks for the quiz!"

After all of this I'm going to do a lightside playthough and enjoy the other side of BOS Solomon's Revenge!

I´ve a bug. My appearance changes alone to that form: It happened too before, when I

fougth againts the other Revan at the Artefact

. But that doesn´t happend me with the original BOS.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7296/onei.jpg

I don´t like one new thing,I´ve to play with a blue lghtsaber when you play Revan´s past. (that don´t happens on the original BoS). You could give to the inventory at least a red lightsaber.

Because at the raeally, Revan on the scenes (when fight agains Bastila on the story) he had a red lightsaber.

I´like a lot the scene when Matilda heard the voices and remembers on the Ebown Hawk, it reminds me a lot Metal Gear Solid 4 on Shadow Moses xD

Now this may be because I took your BOS_Save and used KSE to change the character from a female to a male, and changed the alignment. That is all i did, however I don't see how that would cause BOS to crash, but it is my only deduction."

I did that too and it crashed very rarely for me:)

The TSLPatcher install file did not work for you because you either didn't extract the empty folders or you deleted them, and as I explained in one of my previous posts, they are need for the installation.

Uh, I extracted the empty folders too. Actually I just remembered that the original error message I got was that it couldn't make a back up of ship.mod, even though it did.

And as for the Robes for Korriban Sith Students no longer working, the simple reasoning behind that is because you performed a manual install, and so overwrited your current appearance.2DA. As stated in the read-me, choosing the manual install method severely reduces the likelihood of BoS:SR being compatible with any other mods you may currently have installed.

Um...but I installed the Robes for Korriban Sith Students after I overwrote the current appearance.2da with the one from the manual install. And Robes for Korriban Sith Students is patcher based....

Ugh.

Hey Silveredge, I found another big glitch.

Show spoiler
After getting the prison key, I walk up to the detention room. When I select the door, my game crashes back to desktop. The only mods I have installed are Shem's Feat gain mod and his addition force powers mod and the Darth malak reskin from before.

Show spoiler
After getting the prison key, I walk up to the detention room. When I select the door, my game crashes back to desktop. The only mods I have installed are Shem's Feat gain mod and his addition force powers mod and the Darth malak reskin from before.

I think one of the mods caused that, because I don't have anything else installed and it works properly:)

Great mod Silver! I am still playing after 7+hours, and now only am approaching the end.

However, there are a few bugs, probialy user error on my end, vista, or both, but here they are.

In the game, it crashes every few module loads, outside and inside of BOS, I have a clean game, clean override, and never had this problem before, still, the bug is easily overcome by loading the module or autosave that crashed and playing it once I restart the game.

Show spoiler
And yes I did a re-install of both it and BOS, and redownloaded BOS, however, despite the bugs, am already inside the Temple of Shadow, and still enjoying the mod more than any other Kotor Mod out there. Thanks for your great work!

It will also occasionaly crash when I engage a NPC in combat, notably a corrupted minor inside the mining tunnels, a takuta in the wastes, and a mandalorian inside mandalore's ship."

The issue you're having with modules crashing has to be a vista issue.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you downloaded and installed BoS:SR, then you downloaded and installed the original BoS on top of that?

I found a bug which has occured because of my stupidity(I think):D

Show spoiler
So when you talk to Berloc Lee and accept to find out more about that rumor, the administartor's assistant should be alive and you shouldn't have talked to the Administrator. I have already done that assasination quest, and now I can't speak with the Hutt.:( I guess I should load one of my saves......
Show spoiler
The administrator's assistant being alive or dead has no bearing on the Searching for Truth quest, nor should the fact that you can no longer interact with the Administrator after the assassination missions have been completed. Have you tried speaking with Berloc again?

I´ve a bug. My appearance changes alone to that form: It happened too before, when I

fougth againts the other Revan at the Artefact

. But that doesn´t happend me with the original BOS.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7296/onei.jpg

I don´t like one new thing,I´ve to play with a blue lghtsaber when you play Revan´s past. (that don´t happens on the original BoS). You could give to the inventory at least a red lightsaber.

Because at the raeally, Revan on the scenes (when fight agains Bastila on the story) he had a red lightsaber.

I´like a lot the scene when Matilda heard the voices and remembers on the Ebown Hawk, it reminds me a lot Metal Gear Solid 4 on Shadow Moses xD

Your appearance bugs sound like an appearance.2DA issue. Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR? And which installation method did you use?

Show spoiler
And Revan has a blue lightsaber during most of the flashbacks because they take place during the Mandalorian Wars, where Revan was still at heart a Jedi. The scene with Bastila doesn't, and takes place long after the formation of the Sith Empire.

Uh, I extracted the empty folders too. Actually I just remembered that the original error message I got was that it couldn't make a back up of ship.mod, even though it did.

Um...but I installed the Robes for Korriban Sith Students after I overwrote the current appearance.2da with the one from the manual install. And Robes for Korriban Sith Students is patcher based....

Ugh.

If everything was extracted from the .rar file then there's no reason TSLPatcher should fail during installation. Are you using Vista?

And I've checked out the Robes for Korriban Sith Students mod, and there's no reason that I can see why it shouldn't work if you install it on top of BoS:SR regardless of whichever method of installation you used. There are no file conflictions or anything.

Show spoiler
Have you tried replaying the section to see if the bug happens everytime?

If everything was extracted from the .rar file then there's no reason TSLPatcher should fail during installation. Are you using Vista?

Nope. I did try to install over original BOS which I thought you said would work. I might try reinstalling everything.

And I've checked out the Robes for Korriban Sith Students mod, and there's no reason that I can see why it shouldn't work if you install it on top of BoS:SR regardless of whichever method of installation you used. There are no file conflictions or anything.

That's what I thought. I might try redownloading it.

Granted, all of these reinstalls will take forever, but I don't mind. I just want everything to work right.

Show spoiler
The administrator's assistant being alive or dead has no bearing on the Searching for Truth quest, nor should the fact that you can no longer interact with the Administrator after the assassination missions have been completed. Have you tried speaking with Berloc again?

Show spoiler
Yes first I tried to speak to him but he said nothing. After I reloaded my save and then everything worked fine, and now the Searching For Truth quest is finished:)

And a question if I can:

Show spoiler
In the Civillian quarters there are 2 closed doors. An apartment and somebody's office with communication console in front of it. So are these doors supposed to be locked? And can they be opened in a quest or something? If yes do not tell which quest, I will figure it out:)

Yeah, it must be. I´ll use a new 2da and install it again with TSLpatcher.

But one thing, I´ve a Black screen with sounds at the Orion, when you play as

Matilda and Drexl decides to help you against the republic

. I can hear the battle sounds, but I wait and nothing happens.

PD: I love the Twilek Child.:thmbup1:

Nope. I did try to install over original BOS which I thought you said would work. I might try reinstalling everything.

That's what I thought. I might try redownloading it.

Granted, all of these reinstalls will take forever, but I don't mind. I just want everything to work right.

So after installing BoS:SR and then installing Shem's mod on top of that, did you remember that the appearance changes won't show on Sith students unless you're visiting those areas for the very first time?

Show spoiler
In the Civillian quarters there are 2 closed doors. An apartment and somebody's office with communication console in front of it. So are these doors supposed to be locked? And can they be opened in a quest or something? If yes do not tell which quest, I will figure it out:)
One of those is related to a quest, the other can be opened during any stage of the mod.

I'd advise the moment that you keep experimenting; perhaps try to reinstall the mod into a fresh override without any other mods? I'll take a look and see if there is anything wrong with the script.

Have you tried replaying the section to see if the bug happens everytime?

Managed to fix it. Had something to do with frame buffer or something like that, Just finished the mod and I have to say it is the greatest thing I have ever played!

Show spoiler
Master Soloman's grave inscription brought a tear to my eye...

Yeah, it must be. I´ll use a new 2da and install it again with TSLpatcher.

PD: I love the Twilek Child.:thmbup1:

Me and another guy had that, but it was an easy fix. Just use the TSL patcher in a fresh Override and then boot up the autosave, it'll launch you straight into the fight.

Show spoiler
The Temple of Shadow is meant to recreate the aethetical style of the Trayus Academy on Malachor V, so if you're seeing the comparison, then I did a good job.

You did good at recreating the texture, the reason I asked about porting is because in between the black lines there are gray lines that lookk exactly like the textures in TSL.

Show spoiler
The blood on the vision where you play Akirakon Sin look like they're from TSL to.

I'm sorry for bringing this up.

You did good at recreating the texture, the reason I asked about porting is because in between the black lines there are gray lines that lookk exactly like the textures in TSL.

The blood on the vision where you play Akirakon Sin look like they're from TSL to.

I'm sorry for bringing this up.

It's just a good recreation. And the blood is a placeable found in both games; just used more often in the second.

And please use spoiler tags in your posts if you discuss the plot in detail as you have done.

It's just a good recreation. And the blood is a placeable found in both games; just used more often in the second.

And please use spoiler tags in your posts if you discuss the plot in detail as you have done.

I'm really sorry

so the blood is just an unused placeable in the first game

Thanks, I can tell you put alot of effort into this mod, it's awsome

Archived