Home

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

why did you replace the rakghoul with a kath hound
Because it's illogical for it to be there.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
But I have a Problem in the Akademie with the Droid. The People see me and to affect me. Help me please.
Show spoiler
Yes, you need to avoid them, as Kobayashi outlined just before you took control of Verbal.

I'm really sorry

so the blood is just an unused placeable in the first game

Thanks, I can tell you put alot of effort into this mod, it's awsome

You still need to add spoiler tags to your previous post.

Show spoiler
To the part where you mention the player plays as Akirakon Sin at one stage of the mod.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silver-"Also, if I understand you correctly, you downloaded and installed BoS:SR, then you downloaded and installed the original BoS on top of that?"

No, I meant I installed Kotor Again and then BOS:SR again, in that order. To keep myself from ever making any mistakes of that sort, I deleted the origional BOS RAR file off of my harddrive as soon as I got BOS:SR.

By the way, I completed the mod on darkside, and enjoyed it thoroughly,

Show spoiler
However, When I take the quest to get an appointment into the Maintenance Level Admin's office to assassinate him (post Solomon's Revenge quest), I am wearing both parts of the Daemon Drexil uniform (the fakes that is), but I am unable to get the guards to let me in. I unequipped my lightsaber, switched to the origional Mask and Uniform I took off of Drexil's body, etc, and I still can't get in, I must be overlooking something.

Show spoiler
However, When I take the quest to get an appointment into the Maintenance Level Admin's office to assassinate him (post Solomon's Revenge quest), I am wearing both parts of the Daemon Drexil uniform (the fakes that is), but I am unable to get the guards to let me in. I unequipped my lightsaber, switched to the origional Mask and Uniform I took off of Drexil's body, etc, and I still can't get in, I must be overlooking something.

Show spoiler
If you're wearing any combination of either the replica or authentic Daemon Drexl mask/uniform then the guards should recognize you as Daemon Drexl the moment you speak to them, and when you click on the locked door, they should allow you to enter.

Originally BoS:SR's contribution to SWKOTOR's opening titles wasn't going to be the movie style poster featured in the final mod, and was a different image altogether. Although I ultimately decided against it after determining that it didn't fit the mod thematically.

You can check the image out at the link below and decide for yourself if or not I made the right decision to replace it with the movie poster image.

Clicky

So after installing BoS:SR and then installing Shem's mod on top of that, did you remember that the appearance changes won't show on Sith students unless you're visiting those areas for the very first time?

Yes. What happens is that when you should encounter a Sith student intimidating three Sith hopefuls, he's not there at all. When his VO starts up, the game freezes the crashes.

Oh, and another bug I forgot is that if I attempt to use security skill to open the room with the Shadow's Bane, I can succeed but the dialog from Mec'Hanic never happens preventing me from completing the game.

Been playing Solomon's Revenge, some of my impressions:

Show spoiler
You definitely have the KOTOR horror story feel going on. :D I really like it, especially the Residential Level in the Mining Facility, with the endless knocking on the door. When Solomon says, "Arise. Become greater beings." I expected all the corpses on the floor to get up and attack me. It's rare when I actually get nervous from a game. You definitely used the effective technique of using silence rather than scary music.

The Elevator System in the complex is also well done.

I liked fighting the Sith Chastiser, as well as the concept in general. My PC and Shadow actually got killed, but fortunately I had HK-47 and he succeeded where two Force-users could not.

The skins for the levels are especially well done. You seem to have expertise in everything modding related.

Backwater Entertainment was amusing. Since I try to avoid DS points in order keep my LS master (and also since I can easily cast Dark Side powers with little drain on my FP), I actually avoided tripping the Cathar Slave. You seem to like the theme that the Dark Side is a quicker road to a place that the Light Side will take you to anyway, given the minor task on the Orion with the droid parts.

The feel I'm getting from you regarding the Brotherhood of Shadow itself is that you redesigned them not to be a collective of spirits who united together in a Rakata mind trap, but a collective of spirits so evil and horrifying that they make the Sith look like teddy bears. It's an interesting revision, but it did take away some of the interesting philosophical questions present in the 1.07 release of BOS. Still, it is a pretty scary feel.

The VOs are very well done, with the exception of one of the miscellaneous Czerka employees that sounded distorted. Not sure how much I liked Telena's Voice Actress but I'll wait until hearing more of her before making my final judgment. Kobayashi is awesome, in fact one of my fellow members of Team Hssiss wanted me to ask you for some contact info. We'd like to have him do VOs in one of our mods.

In conclusion, I really like, no...LOVE what I'm playing.

I'm at the mining tunnels. I'll post more as I progress.

I found a little bug Silver:

Show spoiler
When you equip those red sith uniforms to kill that sith master, I went down to the Maintence Level and talked to the Sith Trooper who stands near the door what would live to the Korriban Wastes. The bug is that he says "civillian" to me, even if I have Sith Armor on. Well, that's it. Not a big one, but still....:D

Oh, and another bug I forgot is that if I attempt to use security skill to open the room with the Shadow's Bane, I can succeed but the dialog from Mec'Hanic never happens preventing me from completing the game.

I'll add it to the list.

I found a little bug Silver:

Show spoiler
When you equip those red sith uniforms to kill that sith master, I went down to the Maintence Level and talked to the Sith Trooper who stands near the door what would live to the Korriban Wastes. The bug is that he says "civillian" to me, even if I have Sith Armor on. Well, that's it. Not a big one, but still....:D
That's not a bug, just an oversight on my part.

I have finished play this Mod and he was very good, but my Problem is:

Carth and Canderous to be missing. The Potraits are empty after the Mod.

Show spoiler
They are automatically re-added to the party when you enter the mining tunnels on the journey back to Dreshdae. Have you passed through the Mining Tunnels yet?

No, I have warped into the E.H. with a Warpband because I to lose one way in the Korriban Waste.

The two Men I have later spawned with a Droid into the E.H.

But thanks for your help.

I have one Question about this: Can you this translate in German?

Well the problem was caused by you warping. It can mess things up, and I would strongly advise against it.

And translating into a variety of languages would be possible, but the VO's would still be in english.

I've got some impressions

Show spoiler
The main part of this mod is awsome (if I go into detail I probably will give away to much

My favorite side quest is when you disguise as Daemon Drexl and meet with Zeven Etta and his gaurds come out and are afraid to attack you so attack him isntead that was an awsome quest.

Are you going to upload at kotorfiles?

It's fixed now :p

The process for uploading a 645mb file to KOTORFiles is a slow one. But it should be up sometime later today or tomorrow.

@Silver: I mean the dlg´s not the VO´s. ;)
It's something I'll look into in the near future.

I played through BoS:SR(only that non-canon footlocker remains but I WILL find it!:xp:) and got some impressions:

Show spoiler
First of all, I've never seen any mod like this before, this is just perfect and I can't imagine how much work was to create this mod.

Even the beginning was scary, how the Ebon Hawk looked, Shadow was alone, a ??? guy running around the ship(:D) and sounds everywhere. Kobayashi is awesome, somehow reminds me of Han Solo. When he killed the waitress and asked for another drink it was hilarous:D

The czerka modules are quite well done especially the placing of the placeables and other stuff. That Residental Level was REALLY scary, especially when suddenly some miner appeared from nothing just ran somewhere and then disappeared.......And when I switched on the camera.......a guy running in a corridor. The mining tunnels were good too, and Matilda was cute:)

The Korriban Wastes were amazing, first time I thought they were all new modules. Later I realized that there are Tatooine and Dantooine modules.

I always loved reading about the Mandalorian Wars and now I could play it! Taris was amazing, when the Mandalorians attacked in 3 waves and then I had to fight Solomon for the first time. I can't really say anything about Mandalore's capital ship, except: AMAZING. Where Mandalore was, the view was amazing.....(Anyway have you done that battle in the background with an animated image or what?:D) The duel with Mandalore was epic.

Allright I skip some parts, I won't bore you all day:xp: The Temple of Shadow really reminded me of TSL. It was very realistic and well textured. I don't exactly remember how my character ended up in a cell, but when I Verbal freed me and I had to fight my way through those Shadows, it was brilliant. The Republic Theme music really fitted that situation.:thmbup1:

If I remember correctly I had to kill Solomon 3 times(only in the end) that means, I had to beat a guy with 1560 HP since he had 520 HP and regenerated. It was scary when the view was so close to Solomon's face and his eye turned white. Also it was said when Kobayashi almost died. I thought it was the end:(

The fights with Akirakon Sin was awesome. The last battle with my party members was a tough one though.

It was a great idea to play as Akirakon Sin, and kill the Guardians:xp:

The only sad thing in this, is that all of them Mec Han'ic,Kobayashi and Sera Degana are gone:( They are much better than those boring original ones.......

I know nobody read this, but I had to write it, so yeah GREAT JOB!

Man I will save this novel in Word:xp:

Okay, I honestly need help.

Show spoiler
I'm at the big battle with Solomon after fight through the Brothers of Shadow to reach Shadow/Matilda/Channa Mae/Sera Degana. He is WAY too powerful for me. What attacks are especially strong against him? I'm using the K1 Force Powers Mod V2.0 in case that impacts anything, but my Force Powers don't work against him (they barely do any damage 'cause he resists them). Do I need to use Force Breach to get rid off his Force Resistance/Immunity, or does something else work?

Note: I have rarely, or rather almost never, asked for help on a mod or video game. Silver, I have to say you've made some pretty challenging enemies.

Okay, I honestly need help.

Show spoiler
I'm at the big battle with Solomon after fight through the Brothers of Shadow to reach Shadow/Matilda/Channa Mae/Sera Degana. He is WAY too powerful for me. What attacks are especially strong against him? I'm using the K1 Force Powers Mod V2.0 in case that impacts anything, but my Force Powers don't work against him (they barely do any damage 'cause he resists them). Do I need to use Force Breach to get rid off his Force Resistance/Immunity, or does something else work?

Note: I have rarely, or rather almost never, asked for help on a mod or video game. Silver, I have to say you've made some pretty challenging enemies.

What I would suggest is to pick all life support packs you can through the game.

Show spoiler
When I was confronting Solomon I had about 50 life support packs and at the end of the duel I had 37:D So try it with Life Support Packs and powerful weapons.

EDIT: Oh and for the attacks, I think Master Power Attack and Master Flurry works good:)

now i'm angry that the shadow leaves in the end and now i have an empty slot and no one to fill it (growls) and i want her back @#$%@#$$@#$@#

Edit:

Show spoiler
is there a way to get her back after the mod is over at all wait let me guess i have to play it all over again to get her back

Deleted your off base reply posts and copied your actual question here, if you can't follow the thread makers instructions about asking questions correctly and using spoiler tags, then you will get in trouble. You have posted here since 2006 and can't use tags? Give me a break. If you want to post around here you ought to learn them and use them. -RH

now i'm angry that the shadow leaves in the end and now i have an empty slot and no one to fill it (growls)

If you're not going to use spoiler tags in your posts then please don't post in this thread at all. The same goes for everyone else. It's deeply unfair to those who haven't yet completed the mod.

Well, I managed to get through that part of the game and I finished the darn thing.

I do think, Silver, that if you make a patch you should lower the difficulty of the mod. I only won because I was on the easy difficulty and even then it took me seven tries to

Show spoiler
defeat Akirakon Sin when he's inside your head.

I plan to do a full review later, but I will say that throughout this very long mod there were times when it did not feel like the mod I was hoping for. I am pleased to say that in the end it turned out to be exactly the mod I was hoping for. There is nothing I would have done differently.

10/10. Still looking for the

Show spoiler
Non-Cannon Footlocker
. ;)

Archived