Home

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

HK-42

Said it in the topic on this game in the battlefront section and Ill say it again, its just LA throwing out another piece of garbage that will make them a quick buck, at its current rate, LA will have over taken EAs #1 spot of video game companies that need to explode.

What has George done???? Why does he continue to kill SW so....:(

If you're going to make a Battlefront game, don't make it for PSP and Nintendo....it just kills it...

George isnt in charge of games.

Said it in the topic on this game in the battlefront section and Ill say it again, its just LA throwing out another piece of garbage that will make them a quick buck, at its current rate, LA will have over taken EAs #1 spot of video game companies that need to explode.
Activision is the new EA. :p I am kind of indifferent on the game, never really been a big Battlefront fan. But I just think it's funny that people find something to complain about no matter what LucasArts does. :p You don't want a Clone Wars game? Take a Battlefront game! No we don't want that either. :xp:

George isnt in charge of games.

True, he isn't. In fact, I'm not sure if he has any control in any LucasArts affairs, other then the films.

Still, it's alot easier to point the finger at George Lucas, as he did authorize them to make stuff like this. That, and the average person would point the finger at him, as he is seemingly the figure-head to the company. Do you dispute this?

But I just think it's funny that people find something to complain about no matter what LucasArts does. :p You don't want a Clone Wars game? Take a Battlefront game! No we don't want that either. :xp:

1. Its not a battlefront game, its some worthless crapware that won't resemble the infantry grunt combat that the first game delivered in any way.

2. Maybe Lucasarts should try developing something other than garbage, then people might not complain so much

Uh huh, where did you see the gameplay footage or play the game to find that out? :rolleyes:

I am not excited about the game at all but it seems like it's become the cool thing to bash LucasArts at every opportunity. Just because they announce one thing does not mean another isn't in development. They are only publishing these games remember.

Hopefully I don't eat my words but I think it's a good sign that LucasArts is announcing these titles (Clone Wars and this) with E3 just around the corner. To me that tells me they have bigger things to announce and show off at E3.

(I should have separated my first post better btw, I only meant to reply to your post with my Activision/EA comment, the rest was directed at everyone)

LA (like MS) is an easy target, a large "evil" corporation, but I do think people trash them with some justification. They have a long track record of poor decisions. A good recent example is the cancellation of the Indiana Jones game that looked quite promising and instead commissioning low end stuff like Clone Wars and Elite Squadron.

As far as condemning the game without seeing it, that's a fair call. However, I don't think you need to see a DS or Wii game to be reasonably confident that it is going to be garbage. 90% of the content on those systems is junk churned out by devs looking to make a quick buck off the "casual" segment. Granted the ratio of quality to garbage content on other systems probably isn't significantly higher, but it seems a sure thing of late that a 3rd party title for one of these "casual" systems is not much beyond an attempt at a quick cash-in.

Why wait to trash it until we've got more info, when we can do it now? Like DP said, there's a big chance it's not going to be better than mediocre, considering the platforms it's being developed for and LucasArts' history.

Hopefully I don't eat my words but I think it's a good sign that LucasArts is announcing these titles (Clone Wars and this) with E3 just around the corner. To me that tells me they have bigger things to announce and show off at E3.
Wishful thinking. Okay, the chances are there, but they're slim, I think, knowing LucasArts.

You had better come back from E3 with good news about this then.

The idea of the game is brilliant, thats not my problem with it. It is just the fact that (so far) it has only been announced to be on handhelds. That confuses me no-end.

As far as condemning the game without seeing it, that's a fair call. However, I don't think you need to see a DS or Wii game to be reasonably confident that it is going to be garbage. 90% of the content on those systems is junk churned out by devs looking to make a quick buck off the "casual" segment. Granted the ratio of quality to garbage content on other systems probably isn't significantly higher, but it seems a sure thing of late that a 3rd party title for one of these "casual" systems is not much beyond an attempt at a quick cash-in.
I know I bashed Staff of Kings right away after seeing the first screenshots and it looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty decent game. I am not saying LucasArts is not going with what is in their best interests (to put it nicely) because outsourcing these games to little known companies especially on handhelds is cheap. But just because the developers aren't big studios doesn't mean the games will be garbage; more like not what you want.

You had better come back from E3 with good news about this then.
No promises! :p

Actually, the plot doesn't sound half-bad:

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron's story spans the entire Star Wars saga. Playing as X2, a clone trooper created from the DNA of a Jedi Master, you joined the rebellion after being told to eliminate Jedi during Order 66. However, your clone brother X1 chooses a dark path, leading to a confrontation that could determine the fate of the Empire and the Rebellion.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=8818

Actually, the plot doesn't sound half-bad:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=8818

It sounds not bad for a game like RC or JA. This however, is battlefront, its supposed to be the normal grunt trooper who can't use every weapon in existence, single handedly destroy a capital ship and juggle lightsabers. That is why I was initially attracted to it and battlefield games, because being the ubersoldier gets boring after a while. Battlefield so far has mostly managed to avoid ruining their games with garbage like heroes and massively overpowered units. If only LA could do the same...

I'm a big fan of the Battlefront series, and it just amuses me how LA thinks they can actually get a large amount of success by selling these crappy handheld battlefront-wannabes. The original Battlefront was the best selling Star wars game of all time. How did it succeed? Not just because it was a very good game and was the first Star wars FPS. It was released on all available systems. For FPS's it's essential to release the game on every system, so you can market to everybody. Seriously, how hard is it to convert the game to work on an Xbox or PS3? :indif:

And the whole Clone injected with jedi DNA storyline is filled with failure. Is this really what lucasarts is trying to appeal people with? Really?

Archived