Home

Judge Sonia Sotomayor has been nominated to the Supreme Court

Jae Onasi

Not shocked. Just posted it b/c the "threats" were so pointless and it was related to the subject.

Seriously, though, "politicians mudsling" isn't really news... it's over a Hispanic Supreme Court Judge this week, it'll be over regulations on bin-liners next week.

Too true. It'll always be something/s......;)

Yeah, and they had to fight the Dems tooth and nail to get him confirmed. I still remember the Senate apologizing to him after it was all over and he was confirmed.

It was the most political mud-slinging over a single issue that I'd ever witnessed up to that time, excepting maybe the Bork confirmation.

This is typical Reid/Pelosi style politics--gotta rub their opponents' noses in it as much as possible, regardless of party, thought the Dems sure are taking advantage of the GOP on this one. This is the kind of unpleasant, unnecessary politics that I can't stand out of either party, and both sides resort to it far too often.

This is typical Reid/Pelosi style politics--gotta rub their opponents' noses in it as much as possible, regardless of party, thought the Dems sure are taking advantage of the GOP on this one. This is the kind of unpleasant, unnecessary politics that I can't stand out of either party, and both sides resort to it far too often.

I haven't been following this all that much, but I must say.....this highly vaunted "change" sure hasn't happened yet, and what has happened I fear isn't for the better. I don't know if McCain could have done better, but I sure know I won't be reelecting my current senators and representatives if they keep this blatant mudslinging and despicable politics up.

I don't think McCain could have done any better, either, and he'd have been handcuffed with both houses of Congress being Democrat-led. I was hoping Obama would be able to have more influence over Reid and Pelosi, but it doesn't look like he hadn't quite developed enough clout to pull that off with such a short time in the Senate. Still, he's making more progress than I think McCain would have been able to make.

Archived