Home

Who Will Have the Best E3?

Jeff

Who will have the best E3 showing?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the best E3 showing?

• Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sony

Out of the big 3, who do you expect to have the best showing at this year's E3?

For me I expect it to be Nintendo. It may seem like the obvious / predictable answer but although they have been very quiet with what they'll be showing, it's reasonable to expect at least one or two big name franchise announcements on Wii. I think they've learned from last year that E3 is an event for core gamers and nobody cares about Wii fit.

There is a lot of speculation about both Sony and Microsoft announcing new motion controllers but I guess I'm a little skeptical till I see them. I haven't heard much about Sony's but a lot of people think Microsoft's will be more like a set of cameras that can read your movements and doesn't even require a controller. Other than that, not a lot of (expectable) game announcements from either of them I'm looking forward to. Maybe they will take me by surprise.

Nintendo wins so hard the Wii can barely be called a console anymore.

Between Sony and Microsoft however, Sony might have the year with an announcement for the PS3 Slim which has been heavily rumored. Microsoft might pull some eyes with motion control, but it will only make an impact if they do it better than the Wii, but regardless the Wii will still win out in that because its the Wii.

Not entirely sure what Microsoft could pull on us that we don't already know. The Xbox is steady, Zune HD already announced, and so on.

So, it'll be interesting to see what they pull out of their hats.

Microsoft has always been consistent with their shows. Overall they give the people what they want and the people are happy. Mostly though, their shows aren't that spectacular but they always have something good to show.

Nintendo can either have the best show hands down... which they have done so for many of the shows, or they could miserably fail at their show and be the worst of the lot. It all depends on what Nintendo has to show in terms of games aimed at the core audience and more traditional gamers. When it comes to Nintendo, they do know how to put on a show.... Shiggy appearing with Master Sword and Hylian Shield in hand at the announcement of what's now called Twilight Princess. Then we have that brilliant moment when Shiggy comes up on stage as a conductor for Wii Music... no one cared about the game, but damn that was a great show. And of course, who can forget the Wii Tennis match between Iwata, Reggie and Shiggy... and that random guy no one cared about lol. When Nintendo does a great show, you are thoroughly entertained... so I hope they have something great to show us this year. DROP DA BOB-OMG FOR THE MEGATON!!

Now Sony... they're also consistent as being on the lower end of the scale... their E3 shows have been more embarrasement for the company than anything else. In the end, when Sony has an E3 show, the best that comes out of it are really stupid lines Sony seems genuinly proud of, but the rest of the world likes to make fun of on the net afterwards... RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAACEEEERRRRRRR!!

I'm gonna go with either Nintendo or Microsoft but I think if Nintendo can surprise us with some brand new and original games which we actually care about, then they're easily on top.

Nintendo. Their last show was far from impressive, but they must have a lot of things lined up and in a workable state already to show off, both for casual and 'hardcore' gamers. And frankly, I don't think they get that much competition from Microsoft and Sony these days.

I have no fricking idea. To put it in one line for each:

Sony needs to stop promising next years and seasons and act ASAP.

Nintendo needs to attract the hardcore public to it ASAP.

Microsoft needs to show the gamers it hasn't forgotten them ASAP.

As you can see, imediatism should be the word of this E3.

Off the top of my head - Microsoft - Any day

They have a lot of popular games coming - if they run a good show - they will have the best turnout - because they have things like Mass Effect 2, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5 - And I believe harry potter and the half blood prince is microsoft?

Off the top of my head - Microsoft - Any day

They have a lot of popular games coming - if they run a good show - they will have the best turnout - because they have things like Mass Effect 2, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5 - And I believe harry potter and the half blood prince is microsoft?

Three of those are not Xbox exclusive, and two of those are Guitar Hero, so that Activision can take your money for the same exact thing as previous iterations. The only thing left is Harry Potter, which is more or less a hit or miss.

Nobody wins, if Microsoft and Sony are going to shill out to retards then everyone gets to be loser. The wii is not something to be copied, no matter how much love the drooling populace gives it, imitation is even worse because now you product is a second rate retard magnet.

The age of deep gameplay and storytelling are over. Accessibility gave morons who can hardly handle operating a toaster too much clout, and now they're dragging the rest of us along for the ride.

The age of deep gameplay and storytelling are over. Accessibility gave morons who can hardly handle operating a toaster too much clout, and now they're dragging the rest of us along for the ride.

I thought it died with the adventures and the the advent of consoletards? Get over it, gramps.

I thought it died with the adventures and the the advent of consoletards? Get over it, gramps.

If they're trying to imitate the wii then it just died more.

Besides they went ahead and killed the Indiana Jones game I'd been waiting for for 3 years, because they figured that swinging your arms around like a jackass to pretend row-a-boat would sell more copies than a worthy successor to the previous Indy games. **** them.

Microsoft wins full stop -.-

They were some damn good trailers and info they showed there, and some of those games coming out are really popular. Nintendo or sony, as far as i know, are pretty crap compared to microsoft this year for releases.

PSP Go sucks..

I don't really know.

I have to sort of agree with EW.

In fact the only reason I actually have a XBOX360 is b/c a pal of mine gave it as a gift--got it real cheap in the military. Plus GTA4. I have bought very little for it. Few games and an intra cooler which is apparently required to have if it is to work for any prolonged period of time. :swear: Or how certain games require special controllers. Nickel and dime. :dozey: I'm not too keen on it since it's so sensitive that if you breathe on it you might destroy it...I'm hyperbolizing but as you all know...barely. That and my opinion of MS...if anyone has to put a $ sign anywhere or mention nickel and dime, that automatically gives it a 2nd class rating right there.

I wanted a PS3, but I'll never afford that. Don't really know enough to be able to tell you anything. Requires special TV and connection for hi def. :¬:

Low game library. :mad: And god knows what else. Neutral.

Nintendork...don't have anything more modern than a GBA-SP. Their selection appears more kiddish than the rest. The only stuff it has going for it is smash bros and metroid. Maybe a few others--don't care to think enough to mention any right now. However, I would say that the public at large appears to have much more liking towards Nintendork than the other two.

I'd rather fancy some of their retro stuff. nes repair shop? Think geek? Anyone?

Oh and is there a possiblity (requesting here) that there could be other options?

-->I'm a PC gamer

-->Apathy

Nintendork...don't have anything more modern than a GBA-SP. Their selection appears more kiddish than the rest. The only stuff it has going for it is smash bros and metroid. Maybe a few others--don't care to think enough to mention any right now. However, I would say that the public at large appears to have much more liking towards Nintendork than the other two.
Sure the Wii caters itself really well to the family and casual market, but saying that is all it's got is unfair. I don't feel like getting long winded because it's getting too late. Just gonna say that you conveniently left out some of the Wii's newer titles like House of the Dead: Overkill, Madworld and soon The Conduit, all developed by Sega. Not to mention older titles like Fire Emblem and No More Heroes, all of these games aren't designed specifically for the casual gamer. I would like to see more of these type of games being developed by Nintendo though, so that is what I'm looking for from their presser. First party games that aren't Wii Fit and Wii Music - esque. Also, the DS has an amazing library of games.

Gonna be very tough to beat Microsoft's showing...
Honestly I wasn't that impressed with Microsoft's presser, granted I don't own a 360, so I might be skewed in my view. They opened with multi-platform games, Rock Band Beatles, Tony Hawk, and CoD:MW2. Granted CoD:MW2 gets exclusive multi-player map DLC... uh big deal. Then they showed FFXIII footage running on 360 hardware and targeting a Spring 2010 release, again no big news here.

Next they announced everything from then on out will be 360 exclusive, which turned out to not be the case. They showed Shadow Complex, Crackdown 2, Left 4 Dead 2 (will be on PC), Splinter Cell: Conviction and Forza 3. All of which look interesting, for myself the Splinter Cell game would probably interest me the most. Next they talked about the next Halo games, and you either love Halo, or don't give a crap about it either way and I'm the latter so, yeah I'll pass. Alan Wake then showed up and this was probably the most interesting part for me, probably because it's also set for PC IIRC, so I might have to check it out later, but they also said it's set for next year, so nothing to get real excited about. Then they talked about some social networking features, Twitter, Facebook, blah, blah.

Lastly they had their two biggest announcements, being Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Project Natal (Motion Sensing). Microsoft introduced MGS:Rising as an "exclusive" title, however that doesn't really appear to be the case. AFAIK it has neither been confirmed or denied as exclusive at this point. Lastly Project Natal, the Xbox360's version of motion sensing, taken as it is the technology looks great. The thing is, the way they demonstrated it, it only showed applications towards a casual type game. To put it another way, I don't see how they would use this system to play a game like Halo, or Gears, or even an RPG. The tech does look great, but I'm more interested on how games will use it in the future. All in all I thought Microsoft had a great presser, I think the bulk of it was better than last year, they just had the huge FFXIII announcement going for them last year. I don't however think that it would be hard for Nintendo or Sony to have more impressive showings.

Just finished the Nintendo conference. I think I only watched half an hour of it. Skipped the rest. I'm pretty much done with Nintendo. I haven't turned on my Wii in months.

I'm an hour into the Sony conference. Skipped a bunch of stuff. I guess there's a playstation phone now? I don't know, but the translating is driving me nuts. I just can't stand it. We'll see if the rest of the conference is any good.

Edit: Yeah, MAG was interesting. AC2 looks cool. And God of War looks great. Other than that, the conference was crap.

Microsoft wins hands down. I watched more of their conference than nintendo and sony combined.

Archived