Home

It's Coming... Set for the Fall!

LordJhredmo

In my opinion: BF1 was the best of them all.

BF2 didn't really improved the graphics and introducing the heroes/jedi to the game made it look like a hack & slash game instead of a decent shooter.

As for the mobile games and portable games > Who wants to play a shooter on such tiny screens? Although bringing more story in the game and the customization part was an improvement.

But the fans aren't waiting for another portable game. We are waiting for an epic SW-Shooter, with the grapics of TFU or better. That's why I think BF:ES is an EPIC FAILURE.

BTW: I saw some screenshots of the game and read a part of the story and I noticed it looked like that cam-movie of BF3 from Free Radical.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My replies are in red. regardless of whatever "vent" assumption one might imply.

:lol:

Listen, fella. I have no desire to roll around in the muck that is e-debate. This isn't about you personally (you seem to be a courteous poster when you're not ruffling your feathers) but it is about what I see on the board (acknowledged in the posts above and below yours).

Apparently you have some level of desire, else I don't know why you would continue posting here in debate of the subject. For your information that "isn't about me personally," my feathers aren't ruffled, as I don't tend to emote online...

I'm not going to tell you [this is the impersonal you, just for clarification :indif: ] how to treat people or whether or not you're allowed to whine about most things, I do not have that happy privilege here. I think you're doing more harm than good and whatever your justifications are I don't think they're worth it. If a forum's inactive, it might be best to just let it be. If needs arise for it the crap'll get cleaned out pretty quick.

1. What am I harming and how?

2. Why are you giving us suggestions on letting a forum go active if we want to discuss something?

3. Are we not allowed the privilege or right to voice our opinions and discuss them?

4. What need arise? The only crap I've identified here is the continued personal issue you keep bringing up beside the debate by going off-topic onto our forum conduct, which seems to have been noticeably different from yours here so far...

But I won't wax counselor anymore, I'm not gonna believe that I have one whit of control over how anyone else thinks - I'm just trying to look out for you.

I certainly hope that was not your motivation nor justification for this character critique on the members of this forum. Feel free to cease and desist "looking out for me." I can manage on my own.

----

As far as the game itself goes, I could care less how the story develops at this point. I don't expect any sort of story out of an action-shooter as long as it's done well. In fact I really don't care what the name "Battlefront" is plastered on as long as the game is fun - it could be an RPG, an action game, whatever.

If you don't care about the story development, then seriously, Mav, you're probably in the wrong place. We're here to discuss the game, not be counseled by you like you have in previous posts (and above). There are some who do appreciate and expect a non-ridiculously idiotic storyline, though you may not be one of them. We're questioning the fun level on a preliminary basis and hypothesizing aspects from what is known so far.

I'll admit that the story sounds pretty rough, though. Inevitably it's going to play out like any number of stories sandwiched in a time that already has beginning and end plotted - a zero-sum story (both characters will end up killing each other "canonically" or some such nonsense).

This... is what... we're talking... about... here... But you don't seem to think we should criticize. Note my quote... "It is LucasArts," thus why we're having this discussion, which you don't seem to think we have any place to criticize here.

To be honest I would if that were the game. I'm not going to get hung up on what it's called.

I could care less about the name... I'm talking about the game play and the factors involved in the game so far.

Now, they didn't say that - be fair now. They could add a Jedi class and not "destroy" anything - although I must admit the loathing some have for melee units in a shooter game baffles me.

Overpowered melee often leads to less quality game play for those who suffer the fight with the melee... The Jedi class becomes even more annoying when there's a terrible excuse/justification for it in the story line. Cloned Jedi are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in the Star Wars universe, by far. How you can justify this is baffling to me.

I'll be the first to admit if a game ends up disappointing me. But I've had experiences where I haven't been looking forward to a game and then tried it to my delight (and of course the inverse). Because of those I'm not willing to toss a game in the bin until I've given it a fair shake - and no one in this thread seems to be willing to give it that. Just playing devil's advocate.

I like to know about the product I'm investing in before giving it your proverbial "fair shake." If it's so obvious how lame the main components of the game will be to me, I will save myself some money by not buying the hand-held and game. Not everyone enjoys blowing their money on a tiny trash-worthy LA game if they can avoid it. If that contradicts your standard procedure for game purchases, I can see how LA stays in business with that kind of customer dedication...

I hate having to begin like this, but look at the post count, just to start. I fail to see where this fellow obtained his terms of reference to reply with any sort of educated contribution. My replies are in orange.

I agree with Mav for the most part, mainly because he isn’t afraid to state his opinion with the ‘constructive’ criticism he’s going to probably receive, if not already.

I agree with bokken on this point. The logic involved with that statement makes absolutely no sense. I also wonder if this is also motivated by automatic sympathy for an apparent "martyr" in the circumstances. I hate to make such personal comments, but I'm replying to what I'm observing here. Just because someone can post their opinion (which everyone has), it doesn't necessarily make them a messiah.

Though the game does like a bit…’unworthy of getting, I myself would usually try the game first. For a short example LOTR, we all know that game sucked but I at least tried beforehand.

I'm unsure what "LOTR" game you're talking about, perhaps Battle for Middle-earths? Yes, they lacked proper support and patching (I wouldn't use the term "sucked," though), but RotWK alone was better than this at first sight...

Either way, it’d be best to try it simply because if you try it and you’re disappointed, lesson learned. If you don’t try it you’ll never know what you’re messing on anyway. At least he was honest with his opinion, though.

Again, I'll say I'm not going to blow cash on a new hand-held because LA is too cheap to make a proper game on PC. I refuse to conform to low-grade, low-quality cash-wastage.

There are many people "honest" with their opinions, but I suppose that makes them worthy of support, regardless of substance or anything else defining of such opinion(s)?...

That is all for now...

My Replies are in Royal.

I agree with bokken on this point. The logic involved with that statement makes absolutely no sense. I also wonder if this is also motivated by automatic sympathy for an apparent "martyr" in the circumstances. I hate to make such personal comments, but I'm replying to what I'm observing here. Just because someone can post their opinion (which everyone has), it doesn't necessarily make them a messiah.

What? So. . .I basically agreed with someone I don't know for sypmathy? That makes sense and I see why you'd say something like that. However, this has nothing to do with that. And once again, I'm saying I only took his said because his view points are similar to my own. I'm not making him any 'Messiah' or whatever else you have to put out there. It's nothing complicated to it, just similar opinions, and everyone seems to conclude he's being praised. Now seriously, I came to this forum because of the Battlefront series and how I enjoyed it. I understand I'm new and that 'we' will tend to get a hard time for being fresh on the page. So no one starts out perfect. And it's apparent that the 'newbies' are inexperienced and more pointed towards their own ideas, rather than what the thread desires. So. . .If you want to keep on this same subject about me agreeing with someone. . .then god help you. It's only human nature. You act as though you've never agreed with someone before.

I'm unsure what "LOTR" game you're talking about, perhaps Battle for Middle-earths? Yes, they lacked proper support and patching (I wouldn't use the term "sucked," though), but RotWK alone was better than this at first sight...

Yeah, Lord of the Rings. Not a good game. I tried it though.

Again, I'll say I'm not going to blow cash on a new hand-held because LA is too cheap to make a proper game on PC. I refuse to conform to low-grade, low-quality cash-wastage.

There are many people "honest" with their opinions, but I suppose that makes them worthy of support, regardless of substance or anything else defining of such opinion(s)?...

That makes sense as well. But either way in my own 'opinion' I'm saying I'd at least try it. But if you are positive it's going to be a complete waste, then you not buying the game is something that's up to you. . .Not any of us. The only thing we can do is influence your decision with our own opinions and thoughts.

Theres alot of people with holding chips on their shoulders here.

As far as I'm aware, not checking up on any E3 coverage by anything LA that is, the only thing we have so far is that the site claims it is PSP/DS only and the screenies look awful regardless. I had the BF2 version when I had my psp and it looked better.

Though they could still be in production, I doubt it. Why release them otherwise?

That is why I'm not getting excited.

Now go ahead and tell me why I'm wrong.

I agree this new video game is terrible. I own a PS2, PS2, and PSP and have copies of Battlefront 1, 2 and Renegade Squadron. The screnshots look bad. I have been wiating 4 years for a PS3 Star Wars Battlefront game. I was a big fan of The Force Unleashed on PS3. Lucasarts is going back to their old self. Why bring out Monkey Island? They should of had a Star Wars Battlefront 3. I will not buy Star Wars The Old Republic or Lego Indiana Jones 2 or Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings. Two out of three are not on PS3. Plus Old Repulic is an online only game. I do not have a dsl line.

I'll buy Star Wars: Old Republic cause it looks like a sucess at the moment like SWG was. And I like the Lego games. Elite Squadron looks like crap though...lol I'll still buy it cause it will be a fun game to play while on trip or something. Come on guys admit that you sometimes just play Renegade Squadron to pass time.

lol good answer bokken but I do because it does have the battlefront battles that i like but it is in no way battlefront 1 psp remake(BF1 is in my opinion the best in the series).

Can't agree with you more... as for joesdomain statement about the other games.

I just don't get it: Why make/sell (if they're lucky) so many crappy games while they could wait and take the time to make a good battlefront (or repcom) sequel).

I know I am ticked off at Lucasarts the past several years. They had one great game, The Force Unleashed ever since Star Wars Battlefront II came out. I stand by my comments that Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 on PS2 and Star Wars The Force Unleashed on PS3 were the best Lucasarts video games to date. I thought they quit the strategy of releasing a bunch of games per year because most were duds for example (Star Wars The Battle for Naboo, Star Super Bombard Racing, Star Wars Demolition, Star Wars Epiosde I Jedi Power Battles, Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Force Commmander, and Star Wars Masters of Tera Kasi). I always thought all those were bad. Maybe it is out of frustration that I am complaining! I just don't get why Lucasarts does not like to release video games for PS3. Exceptions being The Force Unleashed, the Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones series. Lego is great for kiddies and families but I want a more adult game. Now they have The Clone Wars video game coming out this fall and it looks like a cartoon. When I play the Force Unleashed or any Battlefront game on console it makes me feel like I am in the star wars world standing along side them. I don't get that from Lego or Clone Wars video games that recently came out.

• 6 months later...

Personally, I thought the last great star wars games were Knights of the Old Republic and Empire at War. The first gameplay/multiplayer of The Force Unleashed was good, but the moment Vader shows up on Hoth, the plot's writing just spiraled into crap for me.

The PSP "games" are Lucas Arts attempt to throw their hat into the ring of PSP gaming. They were intended as stand alone, not to be released alongside anything else. The point of them was to find a way to get players to buy both a star wars game AND a PSP, and to branch out to PSP users, all in an attempt to increase their revenue after losing sales due to the economy and, ironically, players not buying their games due to poor quality. They even released that "special" Darth Vader PSP with Renegade squadron package.

Of course, these are just short term solutions, and don't change the fact that Lucas Arts needs to start expanding. They've made dozens of games featuring the same characters and events over and over, rather than expanding into the EU (still no "Bounty Hunter" sequel with Boba Fett, or Republic Commando sequel as Imperial Commandos). Its a sad day for Star Wars when 10+ year old games are more enjoyable than their new games.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is already out, if you 2 have not noticed. The last post in this was in June, so that means it was Before it came out. And, now that its out, theres no need to continue on "What would be ingame?" And if she is in the game, I could kind of enjoy it because I would get to pwn her!:dev7:

Archived