Home

CC| Zimmermann's War

“ ‘We intend to begin on the first of February unrestricted submarine warfare. We shall endeavor in spite of this to keep the United States of America neutral. In the event of this not succeeding, we make Mexico a proposal of alliance on the following basis: make war together, make peace together, generous financial support and an understanding on our part that Mexico is to reconquer the lost territory in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. This settlement in detail is left to you. You will inform the President of the above most secretly as soon as the outbreak of war with the United States of America is certain and add the suggestion that he should, on his own initiative, invite Japan to immediate adherence and at the same time mediate between Japan and ourselves. Please call the President’s attention to the fact that the ruthless employment of our submarines now offers the prospect of compelling England in a few months to make peace.’ Signed, ZIMMERMANN.”

-The Zimmermann Note

The year is 1916, and the nominal "Presidente" of Mexico has read the text of the infamous Zimmermann Note. Having risen to power a year earlier through a bloody coup, he has an overwhelming urge to unite his country under his banner and sees war with the hated enemy, the United States of Americ as the best option. The US had decoded this telegram nearly a year earlier and has been preparing for this war for almost as long. The mobolization of nearly 120,000 men for the American Expeditionay Force and the addition of 12 ships for the US Navy (10 destroyers and 2 battleships) is only riviled by one other creation as the United States' best defence against the combined Mexican, Japanese and German threats.

The First Special Services Company.

The 1st SSC was created in 1915 by Executive Order 4257 by Woodrow Wilson. Trained to fight in the jungles of the Pacific, the deserts of the Mexican Southwest, as wells as the forests of France and Germany, the 1st SSC is the United States' most highly trained company of men. They are trained to work in squads of 6 and with 3 squads to the platoon, the United States will be sending 18 men from the 1st SSC to each theatre of combat it will be invoved in in the next six months.

They will be the first Americans many of the opposing powers will see at home during the war, but it is damn sure that they will be the last!

Zimmermann's War

The premise: The Mexican government was taken over in a coup in 1915 and was more receptive to the Zimmermann Note than the real Mexican Government was in real life and, in 1916, decide to accept Germany's offer. Japan leaves the Allied Power and, in January of 1916, throws their lot in with the Central Powers, launching several invasions in the South Pacific, namely the Phillapines, Hawaii, and any other Allied Powers' Possesions in the area, bringing the US into the Great War early.

The Mexican Government declared war on the US on April 7th, 1916, and invaded the southern tip of Texas before pushing towards their goal of all of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. By April 30th they controlled a majority of all, Pershing's Army on the Rio Grande was repulsed all the way back to Arkansas, a fighting retreat that scorched the earth of Texas and cost the Mexicans for every foot they captured.

On May 12th the first American offensive started. Using Pershing's Army as a nucleaus, the newly minted AEF-Mexico pushed their way into Texas adn New Mexico and, by May 28th, they had liberated a majority of both New Mexico and Texas. By June 10th, the Mexicans were holding the Rio Grande and were waiting for their German support.

Our story starts on June 2nd, 1916. The 1st SSC, 1st Platoon, has been ordered to cross Enemy Lines -thankfully the Mexicans hadn't adopted the trenches seen in France- and start doing their jobs. Each player will be a member of "Able" Squad, 1st Platoon, 1st SSC and fight in the Mexican Theatre.

Limitations:

• Unfortunately, the United States Army wasn't integrated until the late 40's, so we won't be having black men serving alongside white men. Not my choice, that's just the way the Army was and, while this is Alternate History, I'm trying to remain somewhat accurate to the time.
  • Ditto for women; again, not my choice, that's just the way it was.
  • Keep it real. Each soldier will be equiped with a weapon from the time, not with AK's or Thompsen sub-machine guns nor Stg/MP-44's, we're looking at Springfields, Mausers, Colt 1909's and the like here.

Rules: Just the normal stuff really. No godmodding, only control other players' characters if they give you permission, no 'special powers', etc.

Character Sheet:

Name: Self-Explanatory, first and last.

Rank: Sergeant -We're better than run of the mill, thus we're all roughly sergeants, except my character will have a higher rank... just so I can provide some direction to the story.

Primary Weapon: Anything from the period that would make sense in the hands of an American.

Secondary Weapon: Any pistol that would make sense in the hands of an American from this time period.

Other Inventory: Anything your character may carry. Money, Bible, book, you name it!

Appearance: A sketch or a description ,we want to know about your character's looks

Bio/History: A short sketch of what your character's life was like up to now.

Any Other Notes About Your Character: Anything you want us to know about your character that doesn't fit.

Note: Every character is assigned the standard US Army field pack for this mission, it will be assumed to be rations for a week, two canteens, a trench shovel, a bayonet and flint and steel.

I won't post my character sheet until anybody else has posted theirs, if only so that I won't have wasted my time with it.

Hope to see you in the RP!

Unfortunately, I really, really, really don't enjoy it when we have an RP going with two different, and opposing, sides involved in it. So, I'm going to have to say that you're going to be either an American, a Frenchie, a Brit or a member of any other country that was part of the Allied Powers.

Archived