Home

New Dev Dispatch Details Trooper

News

The trooper designs aren't half-bad, actually. Sure, there were several scout and snowtrooper clones, or "homages", but the armor isn't aesthetically bad to look at. The animations are also pretty decent, especially if they're using motion capture.

The trooper designs aren't half-bad, actually. Sure, there were several scout and snowtrooper clones, or "homages", but the armor isn't aesthetically bad to look at. The animations are also pretty decent, especially if they're using motion capture.
I can agree with that. I don't like that they chose to resemble the armor of the Republic Trooper on the Clone Trooper, but the design itself is pretty good. And that goes for the animations even more, I think.

i think heroengine already has physics technology integrated in it so having some rag-doll stuff to make it look less lame shouldn't be too hard.

That's assuming the way combat is designed is physics-friendly, but from the videos it looks like it'll be a lot like kotor, which would make the attacks almost exclusively animated.

Archived