Home

Changing Classes

Droideka7

Do you think you will be able to change classes in-game? For example, can jedi fall and sith be redeemed, or certain non-sith/jedi characters be found to have force potential and be trained as a sith or jedi?

I think it would be great if Bioware did this, it would add another good element to the game. After all, if you're stuck with being a jedi the whole game and you want to go sith you'd have to make an entirely new character...why not just turn to the darkside mid-game?

Thoughts?

If they do allow class changes, they'd probably follow those ridiculous name changing schemes that WoW employs. Like $10 is a real fair amount to compensate for the amount of (or lack thereof) effort that the administrator exerts to changing a value.

I don't see it happening. You'll probably be stuck with what you start with. People would abuse it if it was put in the game unless there were some kind of limit.

Hopefully you're right, Jeff.

If you want another class, make another character and start from the beginning.

_EW_

Agreed, and it's more than likely. If you can just change your class it kinda ruins the story aspect of the game.

Like $10 is a real fair amount to compensate for the amount of (or lack thereof) effort that the administrator exerts to changing a value.

I doubt its even a person...

It'll be possible, though, for a Jedi to do dark deeds from within the Jedi faction, and for a Sith to do good deeds from within the Sith faction. At least, that's what BioWare promised. From what I gather, you'll be able to choose how you act, but changing class and therefore faction, won't happen.

As everyone else, I think changing your class wouldn't be good. The story you get depends on what class you picked. Would be strange to get a whole other story because you changed class.

Changing faction would be cool, but you should need to do something huge in-game.

The theme of redemption and changing sides is so common in KotOR that the inclusion of such an element would certainly be welcomed.

However, there might be design limitations to that and jumping ship multiple times is stupid, so I don't think it's going to happen.

Maybe they could allow it to be done once?

By the way, the name-changing or face changing thing from WoW costs money, in my view, not so much because Blizzard wants to rip off players, but as a real method of discouraging people from doing it multiple times. You could always have an in-game method of doing it, but lifeless people will just do it relatively easily. Make it too hard and it becomes pointless because so few will have access to it. So hit people in their wallets. Quite smart in fact. Those who really want to do it will pay the money, those who can't settle for one end up losing money for nothing.

And if someone comes to me and says ''it's just 5$'', I'm going to rip your head off. Try having a family and maintaining a hobby. 5$ is 5$. Money is money. Don't waste it.

I think changing faction would be good to have. The way SWG handled it was a "Points system" where if you kill an imperial trooper you get so many Rebel Faction Points, and lose so many Imperial Points. Sure it works but its not very interesting, especially when you have to kill about 500 just to get access to some gear you want...

I just hope Bioware will handle it differently.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you use a Jedi with dark side powers? If you can would there most likely be a penalty for using them as a Jedi like in KotOR? If you can't do these things, then I'm planning on being a mostly "Light Sith" like LordJedi said. You know, like a Sith redeeming himself or something, since in KotOR or TSL, I could hardly bring myself to be a darksider but always used the darkside powers.

Archived