Home

A Real American Hero? *spoilerz* if you care...

Darth Groovy

Damn it, this isn't the place to debate war tactics of various nations. Can't we all just hate this horrible movie? Personally, I can't trust an action movie starring one of the Wayans any further than I could throw said Wayan.

Heh, yes, perhaps war tactics aren't the best thing to do discuss when we are trying to explain how bad this film will be. It will be bad:D

Oh my god. Did anyone read those comments? This one is FTW:

Give me the complete line of 1988 GI Joe action figures, a fifth of Wild Turkey, and a camcorder and I'll give you a GI Joe movie worth releasing.

Hahahaha! This movie is going to be horrible. So so horrible.

My bad, then. I probably should have checked out the credentials of that article. Still. I doubt its that far from the truth.

That's what that magazine has editors for :p Looks like they changed it now anyway, so I guess they figured out their folly. I saw this on digg too before the retraction so, you're not the only one :)

Well, Snake-Eyes has an excuse to be wearing a black suit. And yes, I know his original suit was blue, but still - he is a ninja.

Speaking of Snake-Eyes, why do I have this horrible sickening feeling that he's going to talk in this movie...talk ALOT.

According to the G.I. Joe Marvel comics, which sadly, I have MOST of them which were printed in the 80's. Snake Eyes was involved in a horrible explosion during Vietnam which impared his ability to speak, and disfigured him horribly as well. He only agreed to join up with G.I. Joe in hopes to find his lost "brother" "Storm Shadow" who joined up with the COBRA organization and try to save him. (in the comics he saves Storm Shadow who later joins G.I. Joe). But yeah, what ever. This film could have pulled itself off in the 80's, but now...ugh...dunno...

Storm Shadow looks goofy when he joins G.I. Joe. Doesn't he wear a white hoody with a black paint splash on the bottom?

Yea, I had his collector's figure. I'd make him shoot my sister's Barbie executioner style with his standard issue M-16 and then decapitate her...my parents put a stop to the ripping off Barbie's heads to simulate the decapitation. Got too expensive, methinks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the straw that has broken the camel's back. I now refuse to see this film based on this:

http://misterclowns.blogspot.com/2009/07/movie-cobra-commander-video-overview.html

In Marvel comics Cobra Commander was a radical who chose to keep his identity a secret. Hence the hood, and helmet with visor...etc.

At one point (in the comics) he did reveal his true presence to a boy who had been trained to assassinate him. His true image was that of an ex hippie with glasses, a pony tail and a goatee. The boy shot him, which paved the way for the creation of Serpentor. In this godless mess of a movie, Cobra Commander is now Darth Vader. WTF?!

Archived