Home

Monkey Island: Special Edition OFFICIAL!

spiralout

Does anyone know of any other way to download this game other then Steam? I'm not a fan of only being able to play it through that program and not separate.

I was secretly hoping that LucasArts would offer it through their website, but it doesn’t look like it will happen. As Rapp said above "Pity"

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it seems that Monkey Island SE is now available on Steam but I'm not going to buy it until LucasArts can confirm what other digital distribution methods they are going to use?

Which digital distribution channel are you hoping for? I doubt it can do better than Steam.

ImpulseDriven is good, but not as friendly and easy to use as Steam.

Direct2Drive people are just evil.

GamersGate is plagued with technical issues, not to mention unsecure login.

GoG is great but no DRM. LEC wouldn't go for that.

DigitalRiver even evil-er than Direct2Drive.

ManifestoGames went out of business.

Adventure-shop... never tried it

Which digital distribution channel are you hoping for? I doubt it can do better than Steam.

ImpulseDriven is good, but not as friendly and easy to use as Steam.

Direct2Drive people are just evil.

GamersGate is plagued with technical issues, not to mention unsecure login.

GoG is great but no DRM. LEC wouldn't go for that.

DigitalRiver even evil-er than Direct2Drive.

ManifestoGames went out of business.

Adventure-shop... never tried it

Honestly, I just want to download the game as a seperate entity. I want the option of being able to take the game anywhere and not load up Steam. If there is no such option and Steam is only way I will gladly buy it but not until I know.

*EDIT*

Alright, LucasArts is carrying the game on Direct2Drive. Does anyone know more? Is it similar to Steam? Any chance of a seperate download?

Thanks

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Direct2Drive is? Is it similar to Steam? Or can you download each game as a separate enity?

You download stand-alone games, but sometimes they're not compatible with expansions and patches/updates that aren't from the D2D site, so you'll often have to rely on D2D for those things. Also, like Jeroen said, they have region restrictions - most games are actually not available for download in Europe.

You download stand-alone games, but sometimes they're not compatible with expansions and patches/updates that aren't from the D2D site, so you'll often have to rely on D2D for those things. Also, like Jeroen said, they have region restrictions - most games are actually not available for download in Europe.

Not a problem for this Canadian.

Just found this:

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/...sp?deptID=3091

Says everything that Haggis said and some more ;-)

THANK YOU! Well, It looks like I'm downloading from Direct2Download.

****ing crap! Help!! I klicked on install but Steam doesn´t make feedback??

What´s the ****ing matter there??

Try restarting steam. I noticed that when I purchase games using older version of steam client, I have to restart and update steam for the newly purchased games to show up on my list.

My first impression of the pc version is that it just seems sloppier than the 360 version.

We don't even get the Guybrush digging up the Lucasarts logo opening.

You can't remap any controls either.

And people without widescreen monitors say hello to huge black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

There's actually some ambient sounds in classic mode on the docks outside the Scumm bar. Unfortunately the Classic mode is super full screen unlike the dos version. Which makes it a bit blockier than the dos version.

My first impression of the pc version is that it just seems sloppier than the 360 version.

We don't even get the Guybrush digging up the Lucasarts logo opening.

You can't remap any controls either.

And people without widescreen monitors say hello to huge black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

There's actually some ambient sounds in classic mode on the docks outside the Scumm bar. Unfortunately the Classic mode is super full screen unlike the dos version. Which makes it a bit blockier than the dos version.

So you would recommend the XBLA version?

So you would recommend the XBLA version?

Not sure about that one.

Only played it for a few mins on the 360 you see.

Dissapointing about the pc version being a little sloppy tough.

Great game nontheless, great voices :D

EDIT

darn, seems the game is a little buggy. Was in the voodoo lady's place and switched to old art and went out to the street again and the voodoo music just kept on playing.

So, I must end!! Good.

But sometimes the graphics look very low-budget!!

It´s like a new game! But it´s 19 years old. But with the new graphics, sound and VOICE.

I laughed very much. I liked when the pirate (the 3 with the rat) beat the other pirate. :D With the new sounds.

It's over 2 gig on Steam... wtf?! But someone said it only took 20 mins to download on the XBox?? What's going on?

Maybe there's a lot of bonus stuff? Maybe it's higher res than 1080p on Steam? It's hard to believe it's bigger than CMI... wowzas. At this rate MI2 would need a whole new HD!

@Thunderpeel

I´ve no X-Box! I hate consoles.

My PC version took that long. But very fast. hrhr Ha, Steam said ca. 1 h and 12 min. Hrhr, it took 20-30 min for me! :cool:

I couldn´t hold! I must downloaded it from Steam! I knew it! Good thing I installed it on my other PC yesterday. :) It´s not that bad. I mean if ya want to play with ScummVm ya must start another programm (ScummVm) like Steam. ;)

It´s 19 years old. Everyone on the earth could play it since than, but the SE seems like another game. :D Although I played it last weekend and almost EVERY weekend. :D

Edit: If I play ScummVm I can save the game in the sword fights. And load with everytime another insult. That´s good and it took not so long! But now I can´t make this.

It took too long. So, now I hate the sword fighting!! Sorry, but it´s still great and legendary. :D

Archived