Home

Monkey Island: Special Edition OFFICIAL!

spiralout

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er... that sure was an overstatement. I personally hate the poster just because of the guys ****ty contemporary Deviant Art drawing style, but really just face structure problems because both Guybrush and Elaine's faces are falling off of the front of their skulls.

I don't think he sectioned the face out before drawing it. Seems like he just used the stock smirky guy and girl faces everyone draws.

System Requirements

o OS: Windows XP® or Windows Vista®

o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3000+

o Memory: 256 MB RAM, 512 MB for Vista

o Graphics: 128 MB with Shader Model 2.0 capability

o DirectX®: 9.0c (March 2009)

o Hard Drive: 2.5GB free hard drive space

o Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compliant sound card

o Controller support: Xbox 360 controller

Er... that sure was an overstatement. I personally hate the poster just because of the guys ****ty contemporary Deviant Art drawing style, but really just face structure problems because both Guybrush and Elaine's faces are falling off of the front of their skulls.

I don't think he sectioned the face out before drawing it. Seems like he just used the stock smirky guy and girl faces everyone draws.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. On the whole, though, I think that any anatomy problems are minor. I think it's a pretty cool poster.

System Requirements

o OS: Windows XP® or Windows Vista®

o Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3000+

o Memory: 256 MB RAM, 512 MB for Vista

o Graphics: 128 MB with Shader Model 2.0 capability

o DirectX®: 9.0c (March 2009)

o Hard Drive: 2.5GB free hard drive space

o Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compliant sound card

o Controller support: Xbox 360 controller

The requirements are higher than I expected.

The requirements are higher than I expected.

They do seem a bit excessive. My computer comfortably exceeds them, but isn't MI:SE a 2d game, why does it need a proper graphics card at all?

Furthermore, they're even higher than TMI's requirements, I can't imagine what this remake is doing with all that computing power.

They do seem a bit excessive. Furthermore, they're even higher than TMI's requirements, I can't imagine what this remake is doing with all that computing power.

Here's the TOMI system requirements...

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista

Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)

Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)

DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better

It's higher or the same, in most cases I think (except for the gfx card, but TT recommend 128MB). Surprising they're so close, I guess, but they're pretty low specs, aren't they? The processors and RAM amount mentioned are really old... aren't they?

They do seem a bit excessive. Furthermore, they're even higher than TMI's requirements, I can't imagine what this remake is doing with all that computing power.

Here's the TOMI system requirements...

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista

Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)

Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)

DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better

It's actually higher or the same, in most cases (except for the gfx card, but TT recommend 128MB). Surprising they're so close, I guess, but they're pretty low specs, aren't they? The processors and RAM amount mentioned are really old... aren't they?

They might just be playing it safe?

They are pretty low for a new game, but I honestly can't see what MI:SE does that couldn't be done by something as basic as a low end laptop or even a netbook. I mean, other than the higher resolution and the two graphics modes what does it do that CMI didn't?

So, for save I installed Steam on my other PC before tomorrow!

Let´s see what the others do! I don´t want to be bound on Steam in order to play SOMI!

Hey guys tomorrow! tomorrow! tomorrow!

But this time BEST release ever. Do it for Thunderpeel LucasArts. :D

Everyone keep in mind that with a click of the button (so they say) you can switch to the classic version (including graphics) of the game...so if it's a big deal...then play the classic version.

Ya I am fine with this. It might be a little wierd and new but still. If you dont like it than play it classic.

Having just tried the 360 demo my first impressions are that some of it just seems almost amateurish for a lack of a better word. The way Guybrush is drawn also seems a bit amateurish. The way his arms are when facing the player for one thing. He's also so very tiny on the screen I think.

The old art version also moves jerkier than the dos vga version for some reason as well.

Please let somebody make the voices work with the old art for the pc version quickly!

Keep in mind tough that this is just my first impressions after a few minutes of play. I might end up liking it.

Silvor: I think we knew already that the new artwork was a bit iffy, but more importantly how is the voice acting? I expect Guybrush to be as good as ever but what about the rest of the cast?

Archived