Home

If this board didn't have stupid spam-filters and minimum letter limitations, that would have been cooler.

Anyway, the other TellTale games were really good (ive only played some of the sam & max ones... but they were good, so yeah), so I'm looking forward to this. Is dominic sillyforeignname back?

/goes to grumpygamer to see what ron thinks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at last we must thank to George that he hear all those fans who wanted a New Monkey Island game (like me)...

Sorry to disappoint you, but it wasen't because of that. It was becasue the once so popular adventure gaming genre got popular again = good sales = loads of money for the gaming companies (Telltale with Sam and Max and Wallace and Gromit and Bone, Revolution/Ubi-Soft with the Broken Sword directors cut for Wii/Nintendo DS, Capcom with their Nintendo DS adventure games etc).

It's pure and only a question about money, I would bet all my dimes on that. If these two games (Secret of MI re-make and Tales of MI) make bad sales = loss of money for the gaming companies, in this case Lucasarts/Telltale, we wont see more Monkey Island games until theres money (loads of them) to earn...

the curse of monkey island had the best graphics for adventure games ever, its graphics got a smell of the amazing relaxing adventure.and while you’re setting on an arm chair playing pure comic cartoon adventure, with relaxing music. thinking. and while the air conditioner is giving you fresh cool air, aah nice feeling. same as toonstruck really both of these games got the best graphics ever for adventure games.

2d ftw

Its not Guybrush anymore....its different guy with different look. He also shouldnt look that old, he doesnt look like the original one at all. I also hate 3D backgrounds, which are very low poly and reminds Monkey Island 4. But its still better looking than Lucasarts version of MI 1-special edition, which is terrible totally. Sorry guys, but remakes supposed to look better, NOT WORSE. Whole remake is one big ART fail!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/thesecretofmonkeyislandspecialedition/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;header;more

screenshots

It's pure and only a question about money, I would bet all my dimes on that. If these two games (Secret of MI re-make and Tales of MI) make bad sales = loss of money for the gaming companies, in this case Lucasarts/Telltale, we wont see more Monkey Island games until theres money (loads of them) to earn...

P.S. I don't care how pure the motives are, just happy that they are suddenly bombarding us with new. If TellTale and LucasArts make lots of money off of MI and it works out, then good for them for choosing such pinnacles of awesomeness to take a chance on. :-) MI hasn't exactly been all over the place in the last few years, so the fact that they chose it to resurrect says that they ARE listening to us, at least a little bit. Or they just have the same soft spots. :)

MI hasn't exactly been all over the place in the last few years, so the fact that they chose it to resurrect says that they ARE listening to us, at least a little bit. Or they just have the same soft spots. :)

Ok, I'm not gonna start arguing about this and go off topic. Just realize that they are doing this becasue there are money a loads of money in this. Suddenly, the adventure gaming genre has become popular again = people outside the community who wanted a MI 5 and a Broken Sword 5 have started to feel the interest in the genre = more money for the developers but of course mostly the publishers.

But anyhow, it's great that Monkey Island is back!

Why shall I be happy, when it looks like crap?? ... I am not! George Lucas kicked 200 people out of his company, because of economy trouble (excuses). So now, he doesnt have any talented people to make a games. And why they made the switch mode between original game and new remake? It supposed to be remake, but now it doesnt make sense. They dont know at all what they are doing!

Why shall I be happy, when it looks like crap?? ... I am not! George Lucas kicked 200 people out of his company, because of economy trouble (excuses). So now, he doesnt have any talented people to make a games. And why they made the switch mode between original game and new remake? It supposed to be remake, but now it doesnt make sense. They dont know at all what they are doing!

Hahaha lolno

GL is just the chairman, he doesn't call the shots, Rodriguez el Presidento does.

Second, more people != better games, you should know this well if you're an MI fan. Hell, it could be reasoned that LA's games got progressively worse as they picked up more and more employees.

And I can't even begin to start opposing your argument against the switch mode, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I find the addition of the speech is the main addition to the special edition. As long as you can keep the speech while switching between graphics modes its well worth it. I think the main thing to focus on here is that it is not a remake it is a new edition. New graphics built on top of the old code. While I don’t agree with how everything looks, if you were to try to take it to the level of games today you would most likely have to rewrite the code completely. Cheer up this might just be the door to a whole new monkey island generation :D

What the hell...? People have been moaning for nearly a decade about how LA have neglected Monkey Island, and the finally bring out two new games, one of which technically entails 5 games, and all people do is bitch about how they're gonna boycott it because they took out too much artistic licence with the character design and changed them too much, or how the art style is **** (both points are ones which I disagree with, but I'm gonna make a separate thread about that in a minute).

Monkey Island 5 is coming out.

How you are not all masturbating is beyond me.

Take a screenshot because something in this post is about to happen that has never happened before and will likely never happen again in your lifetime.

I second what Fealiks says. Yes, even the last bit.

Woah wait wait wait when did this happen

Since the release of Wii and Nintendo DS, and also since the cheap episodic gaming (Telltale). A loads of ports have been made and the adventure games have gained a commercial success...

I'm actually pretty pissed off that they announced this now... I have two exams tomorrow and one of them is chemistry, which I remember pretty much none of so I have to study hard tonight, but I can't because I'm excited about these games. Like a child.

In fact, as I post this I'm trying to remember what a relative formula mass is.

Archived