Home

Rejoice my brothers, LucasArts has not forsaken us!

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif– June 1, 2009– LucasArts today announced that the original hilarious pirate adventure is back, with two new projects underway based on the classic Monkey Island franchise. Beginning in just a few short weeks, Telltale will premiere the Tales of Monkey Island™ game series, delivering a completely new epic storyline and swashbuckling flair that will unfold across five monthly episodes on PC and WiiWare™. The Monkey Island celebration continues later in the summer when LucasArts publishes The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition, a completely re-imagined version of the first game in the series that adds updated high definition graphics, a re-mastered musical score, and full voiceover to the classic adventure game originally launched in 1990. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC.

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/47865/Tales-of-Monkey-Island

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

I have no idea what to even say...The idea never even crossed my mind that Monkey Island was going to be Telltale's new series. This is...amazing, and probably the best thing to come out of LucasArts' mouth in a long time.

**** yeah!

:drop2:

What the hell, LA? What's this? You're actually giving us something we want?!

I'm absolutely shocked about it myself. Does this mean if we go on spouting derisive comments about LA we might actually see a KotOR3? :D

**** yeah!

That about sums it up.

The fact that you can chop and change between the new and old is awesome.

The whole switcheroo feature between old and new versions is pure genius.

I'm still in shock. This has got to be the coolest thing that LA has done in years. :D

Does this mean that Tie Fighter 2 can't be far behind?

Unfortunately almost nobody has joysticks anymore, and anything more complicated than Beatin' Mama or whatever its called can't be sold to the majority of gamers (retards). Making games for a smaller but devoted fanbase, as opposed to the lowest common denominator (retards), is pretty much gone now. Accessibility killed the personal computer as far as I'm concerned.

I played you on a Pentium back in '92

Flying through space intent at shooting back at you

If I was young it didn't stop you from shooting through

Oh a-oh

They took the joystick from your new Intel PC

Replaced by a thumbstick and new technology

and now I understand the retards that you see

Oh a-oh

I met your children

Oh a-oh

What did you tell them?

Accessibility Killed the Personal Computer

Accessibility Killed the Personal Computer

Consoles came and broke your heart

Oh-a-a-a oh

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Guybrush has such a badass goatee in it.

Is LucasArts finally becoming awesome again? We will have to wait for later today, but cue thread in 3, 2...

Trailer for the Special Edition:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

What I found incredible was that the game is built on top of the original's code and you can just switch between the old and new versions seamlessly with a button. In fact, the game looks so cool, I'm starting to imagine that there are actually humans developing this game, like actually back when Monkey Island was made.

Archived