Home

The Old Republic

HK-42

That was better than some WoW trailers ive seen actually - coz it actually shows u the battle in the eyes of EVERY1 - i luff it

no release date tho..! im going crazy here i need that game

Depending on the amount of characters you can play im gonna make one sith, a trooper (sith trooper), and a bounty hunter - all 3 luk awesome

Da_man - Believe it or not, i think it will be good. And I KNOW that its gonna wipe out the SWG Player base, now there is like 10 people on it..

Believe or not, I think it has potential to go to WoW's height, heck they might even rob some of their subscribers - like me - coz im defo trying this game

This trailer rocked.

It showed us an event that was already described on the site: The sacking of Coruscant.

Too bad the game will take place a few years after this, but still, good! :D

PS: Anyone got the 'Zomg Malak resurrected' feel when they saw the Sith Emperor?

Edit: Anyone notice this? Do the Sith Marauder masks remind you of someone?

torrevan.jpg

PS: Anyone got the 'Zomg Malak resurrected' feel when they saw the Sith Emperor?

Edit: Anyone notice this? Do the Sith Marauder masks remind you of someone?

torrevan.jpg

Revan to your sith marauder question and I thought the exact same thing, only it reminded me a bit of sion too

too similar to KotOR sith lords IMO

Surely the trailer is undeniably cool (it did have a Warcraft (3) feeling to it, like when Arthas boldly walks in the Throne Room, pretty much on his own), but, echoing Mav up there, where the hell is the gameplay?

Tommorow morning, and after that we might get to see some surprises or just some bullsh**;)

That video is so awesome that it can only heighten my disappointment at the gameplay footage that shows cartoon characters and Pringles lightsaber hits.

As far as I know, they haven't shown any gameplay footage since the pre-alpha stage. Before they fixed the hilts. So if you were saying you are more disappointed at the old gameplay footage, I can understand that. But show me some new gameplay footage.

^Pringles saber hilts are gone. Take a look at the newer gameplay shots/video's. Dev's have said the reaction from the community made them do it.

I like the style though. Too bad there is already a 'cartoonish' MMO called WoW. A realistic Star Wars MMO would have been...cooler imo.

I can point only three places where I thought the trailer was great:

1. When the Bounty Hunter flies upto a window and inside. While most likely a cinematic thing, it gave a really cool sandbox vibe.

2. When the Sith ignite their lightsabers. It made crowds look cool.

3. The bullet-time effect during the duel between the Jedi and Lord Malavaderevan.

As far as I know, they haven't shown any gameplay footage since the pre-alpha stage. Before they fixed the hilts. So if you were saying you are more disappointed at the old gameplay footage, I can understand that. But show me some new gameplay footage.
No gameplay footage yet. But there's impressions by people who had the chance to play the demo at LucasArts booth.

Here's one from G4TV.

I know, I was saying it in jest. :)

But really the video would have been much better if all the characters were shouting "n00b" and "gey" and "howz d0 I chng muh cloak????????"

I know, I was saying it in jest. :)

But really the video would have been much better if all the characters were shouting "n00b" and "gey" and "howz d0 I chng muh cloak????????"

Argh! Prime, just when I had convinced myself to be tentatively excited by this game, you just had to go and remind me why I was so pissed when it was announced as an MMO. Of course, there are other problems too: monthly fees, lack of mod-friendliness, etc. Now I'm upset again.

Archived