Home

The Old Republic

HK-42

I know, I was saying it in jest. :)

But really the video would have been much better if all the characters were shouting "n00b" and "gey" and "howz d0 I chng muh cloak????????"

You forgot that their names should have been hovering over their heads as well. Then you could have said, "OMG Reven6969 just pwned Ob1-1_Kenoobi, oh shiii... here comes Darth_Revan34 and he's not wearing any clothes??"

You forgot that their names should have been hovering over their heads as well. Then you could have said, "OMG Reven6969 just pwned Ob1-1_Kenoobi, oh shiii... here comes Darth_Revan34 and he's not wearing any clothes??"

...or they implement a name generator or naming restriction system?

Check out WoW. The only annoying name I ever saw there was Bend Over. It was legalised by the WoW dev team since the poor guy's name is actually Ben Dover :xp:

And of course there are Lord of the Rings names, or other famous fantasy names. But would someone named Duke Airstrider or Picard Luc break the game for you?

Tell ya what, that trailer made ROTS's order 66 look like child's play in comparison.

Hoooo boy. The graphics, dazzling. Animation could not be smoother. I only hope story wise that it will live up to its hype and its pretty looks.

...though sadly I probably won't be able to afford the subscription. Hell--looks like the game alone might just be more than my poor machine can handle.

You guys DO realize that those kinds of people are few and far between. Sure they are there, but they do not make up a large percentage of the playerbase. Maybe it's just my experience playing Galaxies. But almost every player I had on my friends list had no numbers in their name. And I had hundreds on my list(exceptions being people like Sam1r).

To be fair though, I'll hold off til I see game footage for myself. Cinematics are cool and really shine, but WoW had great cinematics, and the game didn't look anything like the cinematics.

^^^

*Blix waves hand*

Blix: You want to buy The Old Republic

Blix's friend: I want to buy The Old Republic

*two months after game released*

Blix: Can I try The Old Republic?

Blix's friend: No... get yer own.

*Blix waves hand*

Blix: You will let me try The Old Republic.

Blix's friend: No way dude... I just got a new set of armor, the guild and I are going on a raid, and Fermon and Gex are gonna help me get through this next quest.

Blix: Please?

*Blix's friend hisses evilly*

I am playing it the day it comes out, and no, I am not sharing my account with anyone else, except maybe my hubby. :lol:

Notice the bolded part... Granted it is Jae.. she finds a way to bring KOTOR into every Lucascast. Now add in KOTOR on an MMO scale, and replace all her KOTOR, guildwars and LOTRO talk with TOR and figure out what her parts of the podcasts are going to be like haha.

Notice the bolded part... Granted it is Jae.. she finds a way to bring KOTOR into every Lucascast. Now add in KOTOR on an MMO scale, and replace all her KOTOR, guildwars and LOTRO talk with TOR and figure out what her parts of the podcasts are going to be like haha.

You forgot Rock Band and GTA: Chinatown wars. :xp:

You forgot Rock Band and GTA: Chinatown wars. :xp:

Yes, but TOR won't cut into your Rock Band and GTA talk time. Unless there's a Bith Band section, and well I guess you could try the smuggler criminal type in TOR to cover the GTA needs...

You guys DO realize that those kinds of people are few and far between. Sure they are there, but they do not make up a large percentage of the playerbase. Maybe it's just my experience playing Galaxies. But almost every player I had on my friends list had no numbers in their name. And I had hundreds on my list(exceptions being people like Sam1r).
You could be right, but for me the fact of the matter is that people have their own views on how they should act/talk/roleplay that won't line up with mine, and that can have the effect of pulling me out of the immersion. That's why up until now have no interest in MMOs, and prefer single player games for universes that I am interested in. But I am interested in seeing how Bioware addresses this

To be fair though, I'll hold off til I see game footage for myself. Cinematics are cool and really shine, but WoW had great cinematics, and the game didn't look anything like the cinematics.
I'm taking the same approach. While I have reservations about an MMO game, I'm willing to see if TOR is different from the norm. My other comments are a bit more extreme than my real view of the game so far...

I'm interested in how they'll pull off dialog choices when you're in a party with other players and when you're with a party where there are people who made different choices than you in a previous mission.

I can also see spoilers being thrown around when you're in a party. That won't be fun.

You could be right, but for me the fact of the matter is that people have their own views on how they should act/talk/roleplay that won't line up with mine, and that can have the effect of pulling me out of the immersion. That's why up until now have no interest in MMOs, and prefer single player games for universes that I am interested in. But I am interested in seeing how Bioware addresses this

Probably they'll address this like LOTRO or Guild Wars deals with it--have different chat channels--one for local areas, one for your guild/kinship, one for fellowship/raid party, and so on. LOTRO players tend to be more mature than some of the Guild Wars folks, but they still have their moments, and in that case I just turn off the local channel so that I don't have to listen to the stupidity. You can have your channels set so that you never see any of the local talk if you don't want to. LOTRO goes further and even has a role-playing channel, where your chat must be strictly role-playing, and an 'out of character' channel where people can just chat about whatever they want, and so forth. If they decide to include an RP channel, or you join a guild that is heavily into role-playing, it might actually contribute to the immersion for you.

My preview will be up soon on TOR, along with an interview. From what we've been told, the entire main game can be played single player, and there -will- be naming filters.
Avery, space combat? or bust :carms:

Archived