Home

Incredible new Star Wars: The Old Repbulic Cinematic

News

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great trailer and all, but I hoped for more info rather than just another teaser.

Still, I'm glad that the game will be fully voiced, but that also comes with a darker side. Be sure to expect BioWare's regulars to do some more shoddy voice acting.

Great trailer, but I think they used too much music in it. It didn't work very well. Still, amazing video.

I'm with you on the voice-acting, PastramiX. I hope they stop using their regulars and start hiring some new actors, for a well-needed refreshment.

If it looked like that, whether or not to get it wouldn't even cost a second's thought! Sad that it does not...

Going by that then, all of the Jedi robes look to be armour covered in a robe. At least it isn't white clone armour. That Sith looks very impressive though.

Very nice trailer, certainly. Again BioWare manages to horrify and appal with a comic and some artwork, then astound with videos.

Very novel way of getting into the Temple - who else wants to be able to do that in game?

The sith in the ship looked like Revan I thought

Yeah - I thought that too. Something in the shape of the mask.

The main Sith Lord looked like a half-unhelmeted Vader.

The style really is very, very Clone Wars-y. Temple, Sith warships and TIE/ETA-2 fighters, Cruscant in general...but still, presented like this it doesn't look too bad. Even borders on acceptable.:lol:

It might end up being just different enough from the Clone Wars.

I think they used too much music in it.

Well, at the very least we got a first slight nod to TSL with the Malachor V theme!

This cinematic is absolutely awesome. Almost on par with Blizzard's cinematics.

I don't agree with their choice of music though.. TSL's music doesn't fit here imo. Also, the Sith look rather boringly designed to me, especially the Sith Lord.

It's a great trailer and all, but I hoped for more info rather than just another teaser.

The Edge Magazine article I posted said we would see 20-30 mins of gameplay footage at E3. Let's just hope we do.

Awesome trailer.

Yeah - I thought that too. Something in the shape of the mask.

The main Sith Lord looked like a half-unhelmeted Vader.

The style really is very, very Clone Wars-y. Temple, Sith warships and TIE/ETA-2 fighters, Cruscant in general...but still, presented like this it doesn't look too bad. Even borders on acceptable.:lol:

It might end up being just different enough from the Clone Wars.

Well, at the very least we got a first slight nod to TSL with the Malachor V theme!

Well, considering, LucasArts approved both games, I'm not surprised about that, per say. But, the John Williams piece from RotS was unexpected. It gave you the feeling that the Clone Wars was simply events repeating themselves.

The trailer looked really good, but i'd rather have a gameplay trailer instead of another cinematic.

I'm with you on the voice-acting, PastramiX. I hope they stop using their regulars and start hiring some new actors, for a well-needed refreshment.

I thought the voice acting in the KOTOR games wasn't too bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't like Oblivion crappy voices. I would like some good voice acting, but that cost a ton of money to get good actors.

It was definitely Revan's mask, or a replica of some sorts.

I'm thinking his story will be expanded upon in this game. We'll find out what happened out there in the outer rim with him. Could he be the Sith Lord who comes back to attack? Or did they take his teachings and use them for themselves?

Did he fall when he went back out there? The trailer raises those questions. I think we see T3-M4 at some point too, them showing the T3 droid was no accident.

Well, with Anakin/ Vader being the son of the Force, or so Qui-Gon thinks, that would make him a good contestant for greatest Sith Lord ever, but Revan turned on the Sith and became a Jedi again, in the canonical version.

George Lucas has repeatedly said that Anakin Skywalker was the "most gifted force user ever".

Oi, will Star Wars fans ever be satisfied?

I haven't been on the forums in months, but when I saw this on Gametrailers.com...I ******* in my pants and had to post.

Who cares about music taken from TSL or the Prequels?

Who cares about similarities with the Clone Wars?

Who gives a rat's ass about recycled voice actors?

Who cares about ships looking like Imperial ones?

Who cares if it's not a gameplay trailer?

You get a beautifully choregraphed battle and fight sequences, you get wonderful details and action that easily rivals what can be seen in the prequels. This is hands down the best Star Wars video game cinematic I've ever seen.

When I loaded the WoW Beta for the first time and saw the intro cinematic, I went "WOW! That was cool!"

When I loaded Warhammer 40 000 : Dawn of War for the first time, I saw the cinematic and went "Holy...! That was awesome!"

For many, this will be their first contact with the game. And what a great first contact it is!

Archived