Home

Questions for LucasArts

True_Avery

Tomorrow, Jeff and I have an appointment to LA's private meeting room, and we would like to ask the forum if anyone has any questions aimed at them.

My focus is primarily upon SWTOR (for obvious reasons), and we're guessing that will be the primary focus of the room as SWTOR is announced to being at E3, but it has no showroom booth as it is, from what we've been told, exclusive to the meeting room.

Try to keep the questions short, sweet, and relating to E3. SWTOR,

Monkey Island Series, Indiana Jones games, Clone Wars Republic Heroes, Battlefront Elite Squadron are what we assume will be shown. Try to keep questions organized.

Thank You.

Why is there no Battlefront for consoles yet? OR What happened to Battlefront 3 after Free Radical closed.

^ What he said. And if there will ever be a new Jedi Knight game in the series (probably a pipe dream).

Why did they abandon the Indiana Jones game we were promised in '06?

EDIT: I'd prefer you don't let them get away with some lame answer about how the wii is such a wonderful platform, and how everyone has always wanted to play an Indy game with they're friends. I'm somewhat won over by their including of Fate of Atlantis, but I'm still incredibly annoyed that they decided to spend the last 3 years jerking off, with no updates at all, and then releasing a mediocre casual game.

Another EDIT: Are they planning on working on any Star Wars games that aren't more casually geared? I liked Force Unleased to a point, but it had a lot of annoying console-tardy quirks (Button mashing fighting, quick-time events, kicking ass with the force is a ****ty mission statement IMO). I'm interested in a game that's geared to tell a story, not to frame a gimmick. It'd be nice if they'd revisit the X-Wing series which hasn't had a release in 10 years.

Seeing as both KotOR I & II were critically and financially successful single-player role-playing games, why did LucasArts decide to produce the massively-multiplayer role-playing game The Old Republic, rather than commission a single-player KotOR III in vein of the previous two KotOR games?

Seeing as both KotOR I & II were critically and financially successful single-player role-playing games, why did LucasArts decide to produce the massively-multiplayer role-playing game The Old Republic, rather than commission a single-player KotOR III in vein of the previous two KotOR games?

Again with the gimmicks. Please ask them "If Blizzard takes drugs and blows its brains out, will you do it too?".

Questions regarding TOR:

Will characters in TOR be able to choose boxer or briefs during character creation?

Will there be a naming policy, and if so can we have details?

With the mentioned plans to keep characters uniquely designed by the player, will there be mechanics in game to change your looks?

Will there be collectible gear for completing quests/objectives/whatever or will it all be available during creation?

Are there going to be different server types?

Playable races?

Will the game have a power resource system (ex: mana) or an alternative? Also, will ammunition be used for guns/etc for classes that can use them?

Why have we seen no images of the UI? Is there one prepared or are they still working out the design?

Will the interface be customisable?

Any more news on a profession system?

What kinds of PvP will be available? Will it be related to PvE or will they be separate?

Will there be communication/cooperation between the factions, and if so to what extent?

Will there be different weapon types and restrictions based on class or other factors?

Has the idea of going back to the epic Good v. Evil storytelling of the original trilogy conflicted with the game's many-shades-of-grey and Cold War setting?

Since the game is being developed by a Canadian developer, will it be more sensitive to Canadian tastes and let us apologise profusely over things that don't matter that much?

Will there be much comic relief and pop culture references (like WoW), or will it be more suiting to the original trilogy "Dude, there's a war going on" feel?

Is there going to be a sequel to The Force Unleashed? I have heard rumors about it, but nothing solid.

EDIT: What will the battle system of TOR be like, is it going to be like KOTOR 1 and 2, or something different?

What can LucasArts' share with us about their strategic plans for the future? Prior leadership stated LucasArts would focus on quality and release fewer games as a result. With this recent deluge of game announcements it seems like LucasArts is shifting its strategy and ramping up game production a notch or two.

Also, would LucasArts consider making its library of PC games available for purchase and download through online distribution channels such as Direct2Drive, Steam, or GOG?

Are there any further plans for the creation of the "Special Edition" Lucasarts classics?
This. Especially the Dark Forces series.

Did either of you read today's Monkey Island press release?

These efforts are just the start of LucasArts’ new mission to revitalize its deep portfolio of beloved gaming franchises. In addition to these new Monkey Island projects, LucasArts recently revealed that the classic adventure game Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (originally released in 1992) is included as an unlockable bonus in the Wii™ version of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, set to be released on June 9. Additional announcements are forthcoming.
Italics added. Now the question we're not likely to get answered is what additional announcements are forthcoming. ;)

The last starfighter sim was 1999's X-Wing Alliance, so after not touching the genre for a decade, are there any plans for a starfighter sim at all?

if not i will just have to cry myself to sleep again...

I've been wondering this for ages, it's my question too.

we love flight sims, as simmy as possible *nods*

-Has there ever been a Kotor 3 in development? Or were the leaked concepts and stories put on the net deliberately to awaken the community?

-Does LA feel they can attract the same group of fans the first 2 Kotor games had? Or do they game at a new group as main target?

-Are there any plans considered for Kyle Katarn? It was rumoured he was to be killed in a novel, but it was written out last minute.

Sorry if these are a bit...suggestive. These 3 have been on my mind for quite a time now.

Good luck with the interview! It's great to follow the E3 through these forums :)

The last starfighter sim was 1999's X-Wing Alliance, so after not touching the genre for a decade, are there any plans for a starfighter sim at all?
Are you kidding? Their games are getting dumbed down more than ever. Having to manage shield and engine power would give the kiddies minds a blue screen of death.

This. Especially the Dark Forces series.
Hells yeah.

if not i will just have to cry myself to sleep again...

You forgot Star Wars: Starfighter >_>

Are there any further plans for the creation of the "Special Edition" Lucasarts classics?

In this Gamespot interview, the interviewer asks just that at about 13:30 or so (long way in, but I'll kill you if you don't watch the video).

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

But to summarize, LA dude says that the current focus is on Monkey Island definitely, but they're just looking to see if the fans will come out and if they can attact a new fan base that loves the game. If yes, then they'll see what they can do.

...Full Throttle. Grim Fandango. Monkey Island 2.

O_O

Archived