Home

Golden Sun DS

Mav

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Sabre and Maverick hug and jump around like little girls*

Force Unleashed rip-off poster:

golden-sun-ds-20090602113927412_640w.jpg

Trailer:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Not a very inspiring trailer or anything, and would totally go over those who haven't played the originals, but the music put a smile on my face. Somehow, i just can't imagine this one franchise getting screwed up.

Maverick, it seems we have second servings!
I know... with all the poor saps here that have never played Golden Sun... I'm gonna have to undo a button, or maybe switch to elastic sweat pants.

Not to sound stuck-up, but what's so good about the Golden Sun series that makes it such a big release?

Well it's not really a big release, at least not a very big release to anyone except the fans. >_> I mean seriously, did the trailer inspire a whole lot of confidence? :p

But Golden Sun, ah yes, one of the greatest RPGs ever made, a truly epic story with the finest graphics reproduced on a GBA and with some of the most memorable music I've ever heard. It's like a truly godlike project, the production values are of levels you only imagine in wet dreams.

Not to sound stuck-up, but what's so good about the Golden Sun series that makes it such a big release?
If you've played Chrono Trigger, then for me it ranks right up there with CT as far as level of production and depth and memorable experiences goes. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger, then all kidding aside... you're a lost cause.

Oh well, JRPGs are really nothing like WRPGs like Mass Effect, KotOR, Fallout, etc. WRPGS are usually much more action oriented, especially Mass Effect and Fallout 3, they were practically 3rd person shooters. JRPGs traditionally have usually had turn-based combat and for some reason or another not a lot of people stateside seem to like that type of system. However, if you're going to get your feet wet with JRPGs, you can't go wrong with a Golden Sun game.

^Oh don't get me wrong I'm into all types of RPG's...just Mass Effect really started my fandom of them...I'm currently playing "Last Remnant" by Square Enix and I'm enjoying it very much. One of my favorite games of all time is in fact Skies of Arcadia, but that was the only RPG I would play at the time (the Gamecube days).

Oh well, JRPGs are really nothing like WRPGs like Mass Effect, KotOR, Fallout, etc. WRPGS are usually much more action oriented, especially Mass Effect and Fallout 3, they were practically 3rd person shooters. JRPGs traditionally have usually had turn-based combat and for some reason or another not a lot of people stateside seem to like that type of system. However, if you're going to get your feet wet with JRPGs, you can't go wrong with a Golden Sun game.

Lolno, WRPGs aren't more action-oriented, they allow for a wider range of things to do (observe how you can sneak/talk out of KotOR, Planescape, Deus Ex etc. etc.), while JRPGs require you to fight and progress along a fairly linear story.

Comparez: Japanese RPG, Western RPG, British RPG

Anyone else think the game requires a title change? 'Golden Sun DS' just doesn't cut it for me.

Archived