Home

Becoming Darth

This question must have been asked before, but I'm unable to find any threads on it. Is it possible thru scripting to change the name of your PC to Darth during the game--once you decide to follow the dark path and have it show on screens rather than your initial name.

• 2 years later...
This question must have been asked before, but I'm unable to find any threads on it. Is it possible thru scripting to change the name of your PC to Darth during the game--once you decide to follow the dark path and have it show on screens rather than your initial name.

I know jack about scripting. What I do know is that they follow simple "If...,then" statements. What I am pretty sure about is that there is a script that inserts name given at the new game screen. If I am correct, find that script, figure out how it relates to the dialogues, and adapt the script to do an alignment check(i.e.:Alignment in KSE reads 20 or less), and chuck it in the override.

I'm good with the theoretical aspects behind things, but ask me to do something and watch what happens.

I'm trying to remember if there are prompts like that in game, that you can use to change aspects of the character like the name. I feel like there aren't any, its usually a selection option rather than typing in new information. Sorry if this is an old thread I wasn't paying attention to the dates.

I was already trying to make a mod where you can voluntarily change your characters identity after you defeat Darth Nihilus, but its still a rough idea.

I'm trying to remember if there are prompts like that in game, that you can use to change aspects of the character like the name. I feel like there aren't any, its usually a selection option rather than typing in new information. Sorry if this is an old thread I wasn't paying attention to the dates.

I was already trying to make a mod where you can voluntarily change your characters identity after you defeat Darth Nihilus, but its still a rough idea.

The only thing I can think of is when you choose your path..Jedi guardian, sentinel etc....your class changes from whatever you started as

It doesn't change your class; it adds a new class. There seem to be no script functions to permanently change anything about your character. Well, almost anything, but most of those are only in K2. The character creation system probably runs on its own code; I can't see any of its source files anywhere - or at least anything that is obviously from the character creation system. Even if you could find them, I suspect it wouldn't matter; the system creates a character from scratch and assigns it to the PC - it doesn't change the PC in any way. So in short, I doubt it's possible... but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Good luck, anyone who still wants to fumble in the dark. :p

Archived