Home

Angels & Demons

I disagree, while this movie is purely fictional, and I have not seen it, It would point out the problems with catholisicism, not christianity.

I know what your thinking, What's the difference? Alot, but I can't get into them all.

Though most of this movie isn't real there is a slightly true side to this i saw the movie and it was good if you haven't read the book but if you have it is a little dissapointing i found it extermely interesting mostly (i must admit) because of finding out yet more of christianitys flaws

Punctuation is your friend.

Catholasicim is a branch of christianity

True, but the flaws of the R. Catholic church are not necessarily also committed by the Protestants, etc.

Just because a peach has fuzz doesn't mean a lemon does :)

_EW_

I enjoy all the responses already...how this movie insults the Christian community. The film makers weren't allowed to film in some locations right?

Whilst the story is in fact about PROOF there is a god. And how God interferes in his/her own subtle way.

How the non-christian Langdon survives a death-fall...and the results it has

Loved the book, but if you say the movie is disapointing (The Da Vinci code sure was) I'll wait when it's out on DVD and rent it.

The book was amazing, but I haven't seen the movie yet. I've really liked all of Dan Brown's books, especially the Robert Langdon ones. All those little facts you learn about religions by reading those books, you'd never believe. I don't think I'll ever watch the movies though becasue I heard bad things about the Da Vinci Code, and i'd rather read the books because it gives you so much more detail.

It wasn't anywhere close to the book. My 2 roommates thought it was great but hadn't read the book. So if you haven't read the book it's probably a good movie, but if you have you'll probably be disappointed.

I haven't read the book...thought it was very "meh". It's a decent thriller mind you, but it lacks this little touch that would make it better. I think if I had to compare it to the movie version of the Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons certainly is the weaker of the two.

But it has two things going for it...

Ewan McGregor and Ayelet Zurer...

ewan-mcgregor.jpg

img_ayelet_zurer_1.jpg

So hot...

Catholasicim is a branch of christianity

Yes, a branch, it doesnt represent the whole of christianity.

Back on topic: I liked the first movie, but have yet to see this one. But I am going to. :) I love movies that explore the "arcane" depths of Catholicism... which in its own way is its own religion apart from Christianity.

Archived