Home

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Sabretooth

Thought I'd get a thread rolling for this, just saw a Gamespot interview.

I've played the first two SC games, so I decided to try the this interview thingy to see what's up. I was a little iffy about how they're making Sam a superhero (I know he's the world's most awesome spy, but three-instant headshots?), but I was sold when I saw that projected objectives idea. That looks awesome, and if it can make sense, anything can make sense.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Active stealth makes me a little jittery because the last time I tried to do stealth at record speeds, I got my ass handed back and a few keyboards broken in nerd rage. Wonder how well it'll work, but it sure as hell looks cool.

From what I've seen, it seems like it's more 3rd person action than a 3rd person stealth game like before...we'll see how it turns out...looks amazing either way though.

Yeah, but it kind of makes sense. Sam is his own boss now, unhindered and on a quest for revenge, he's going to go all out and unleash his badassery.

What I'm not so sure about is how that auto-firing thing will work. If I have it right, you get to 'mark' enemies when you see them and then Sam finishes them off for you with a headshot or something. Other than possibly tripping alarms and making body moving more difficult, isn't that going to make the game much easier?

I haven't played any Splinter Cell single player, and I think I get the gist of the story. Someone killed Sam's daughter and he's PO'd. Vengeance ensues.

For some reason, Conviction reminds me a lot of Hitman Blood Money. I can't wait to play a demo.

There is a stealth game I remember playing (not a previous Splinter Cell) that played very similarly to this. This fast pace kinda reminds me of Mirror's Edge, but it still looks cool. I'd buy, but I'm a big fan. I'd really have to try the demo first. I do like the auto-aiming doohickey, as long as you can't use it all the time. For example, VATS in Fallout 3 had points that needed to be regenerated before you tried again, and there was no guarantee that the bullet would actually hit it.

The projected objectives thing looks really cool ingame. If it doesn't get in the way, It would be awesome.

I do like the auto-aiming doohickey, as long as you can't use it all the time. For example, VATS in Fallout 3 had points that needed to be regenerated before you tried again, and there was no guarantee that the bullet would actually hit it.

From the hands on I just saw on G4, the guy said you have to do some kills of your own before you can use the takedown.

Archived