Home

Brutal Legend

True_Avery

Unfortunately I did not get to play as much of this as I wanted, but here is a quick summary:

The game is a basic beat-em-up game. You start the game off with your Axe, and your Guitar named Clementine. The axe is your basic melee weapon, doing the brunt of the damage and generally making fountains of blood (And I mean fountains. There is a LOT of blood and gore in this game). Your Guitar is activates and you play notes, which causes you to summon and cast electricity upon your enemies if the button is press quickly. If held down, you unleash a small explosion on your enemy for massive damage.

After beating some demon nuns up, I got to drive around the car in a few maps. There is a boss battle in which you use it to destroy some tentacles, and a few others in which you run away or just run over baddies to get from point A to B. It has a quick boost, and two machine guns mounted on the front.

The humor is fantastic, and Jack Black sells the game right off the bat. Its definitely one of the funnier games I've played, and one of the better beat em ups. As far as the story goes, you meet this cute rocker chick and she follows you around and adds to the humor.

Expect great things from this game my friends. Definitely something to watch.

I also got the play this for a bit and echo what Avery had to say about it. The combat is just plain fun, with Eddie able to perform way over the top moves with simple button combos, like holding X and A makes him jump up and then thrust his axe to the ground which makes everything nearby shake and sends enemies flying. I thought actually fighting on foot was more fun than driving around with the car (which he makes himself in about 10 seconds off-screen as the girl watches XD) but it's all really well done. It's just amazing all the weird (awesome) designs for enemies Tim Schaefer can come up with.

I've been really excited for this game, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it actually sells. As someone who was brought to this forum by a Tim Schafer game, I'm hoping this is the redemption for his other games that were well done, but poor sellers like Psychonauts and Grim Fandango.

I'm getting a 360 just for this game haha... Come on, I'm a rocker... Metal head, and Jack Black fan.. can't see anything about this game that says, "No please don't get this."

"So, you the keeper of the sacred beer tree?"

keeper: *BELCH* *SMASH*

"Dream job"

Archived