Home

Activision sues to stop release of Brutal Legend

ATMachine

Breaking news here.

So apparently they're claiming they still have a valid contract to publish the game after they dumped it from their schedule?

I was never planning to play Brutal Legend, but damn it sucks to have more bad stuff happen to Tim Schafer's games.

ETA: Should probably mention that this news comes courtesy of SurplusGamer on IRC.

Why didn't Schafer just go to LucasArts to publish the game, he must still have friends there that could make it happen. Should have known it wouldn't go smoothly with EA, they just invite those lawsuits in :/ If it was any other company I don't think Activision would have minded. Let's just hope EA will pay up with their money powerhouse ¬_¬

Ahh yes, I remember reading about Aberystwyth get togethers on the site ages ago. Actually I have been looking at these sites for a very very long time but don't tend to show my face. Just a guy who likes to see what other fans are up to :p

I did send like one thing in I noticed to scummbar.com in like 2004 but that's about it. And I think I was even on the chatrooms a couple of times before I was even a teenager XD

Edit: Oh and sorry for not staying on topic, no one here minds right? D:

Why didn't Schafer just go to LucasArts to publish the game, he must still have friends there that could make it happen. Should have known it wouldn't go smoothly with EA, they just invite those lawsuits in :/ If it was any other company I don't think Activision would have minded. Let's just hope EA will pay up with their money powerhouse ¬_¬

This has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with with EA.

I love how there's two separate conversations going on, overlapping each other, like the notes of an immense symphony.

It's cool that there's another Aberystwyth person here! We should set up a Facebook groups "I went to Aberystwyth University and visit Mixnmojo.com and all I got was this stupid Facebook group which makes me feel worthless and depressed."

On topic: this is clearly insane, but I don't think that Activision have much of a case. Then again, I'm no lawyer. :~

Archived