Home

Star Wars: The Old Republic Interview

News

(Sorry to anyone that noticed me posting this in E3 and it being deleted. Was told to move it here after writing it.)

Overall, I thought the interview was pretty good. Got some stuff in, and the "demo" mentioned will be explained in detail in a later new post so keep your eyes peeled.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been so many great E3 interviews popping up recently. This is one I have not yet come across yet and to be honest, I have been secretly wondering if there is a jump function.

Seriously though, this was some fresh information. The more interviews I read/hear (especially some of the other ones) the more the game sounds very single-player instanced.

Anyone alse getting this impression?

No, I wouldn't say that.

They have put a lot of effort so far in promoting the SP aspects of the game. But by this I understand that they've polished the individual's experience of the game, in terms of e.g. NPC interaction (style and sound) as well as the possibility of doing much content independent of other players.

But this, I expect, are things highlighter in order to set the game apart from other MMORPGs today. And to fill the gaps in current games that fall to battlegrounds, grind and endless raiding.

Bioware is basically raising a new pillar og gaming, adding value to the concept of the storyline. Great move I'd say.

Archived