Home

"No installation of Kotor ! or II detected"

I certainly wasn't surprised to run into this problem with a new computer. It's OS is Vista.

I have Kotor 2 installed on an external harddrive, and I have a new computer. The game works fine. It's the same game installation I had with my old computer. I had to reinstall Kotor Tool with the new computer.

Well the almighty Kotor Tool doesn't seem to know where Kotor 2 is installed, unfortunately... I tried to manually set the file paths for it, but those don't seem to do anything. I'm not sure what's wrong; because I am running Kotor Tool as administrator, so there shouldn't be any permissions issues.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm guessing that the solution so simple that it is staring me right in the face, only that I can't see it.

I had the same sort of problems with KotOR Tool and TSL on Vista after buying a new computer. I also had TSL installed on a second, though internal, hard drive The solution I found for it was in the compatibility modes. If TSL is installed in compatibility mode, and KotOR Tool is not running in that mode, it doesn't seem to detect TSL.

Setting KotOR Tool to run in compatibility mode seemed to make it work fine. Hope that helps in some way.

Hmm... I just tried that, running both programs as administator and with compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 2, however it still gives me that error message...

Sad face.

Perhaps I've installed Kotor Tool incorrectly? It has been possibly over a year since I last used Kotor Tool, let alone installed it on a computer. Maybe there's something I'm missing here? Or maybe I did the compatibility mode thing incorrectly?

Edit: I reinstalled Kotor Tool on my External harddrive inside the Lucasarts folder. However, I still get the error. When running it, I ran into an unhandled exception error that seemed to have soemthing to do with the microsoft .net framework. I have 3.5 service pack 1 framework for Vista 64 bit.

Perhaps my computer is too advanced in it's programing to handle an old program like Kotor Tool, which seems to require at least 1.1 .net framework? How can I fix this?

Edit 2: Problem solved. The shortcut will not run it properly. I have to use the main application for Kotor Tool.

Edit 3: Nope, not solved. Damnit... I'm getting this error:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

could not load file or assembly 'FMODCL, version=1.0.2111.21613

Culture=neutral, PublicKLeyToken=null' or one of its dependences.

The system could not find the file specified.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FMODCL, Version=1.0.2111.21613, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'FMODCL, Version=1.0.2111.21613, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)

at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenFileFromCmdLine()

at kotor_tool.frmMain.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

kotor_tool

Assembly Version: 1.0.2210.16738

Win32 Version: 1.0.2210.16738

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/kotor_tool.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

wo6bld9m

Assembly Version: 1.0.2210.16738

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Archived