Home

Kotor 3 - prequel to kotor 1?

if our nerdy prayers are answered and they make a kotor 3, what are the odds of it beinga prequel? could we see how Kreia trained Revan, how the exile was trained and how their paths intertwined theough training and War, and what happened at malacor 5 ( howd you spell it?)

just dreaming here, but wouldnt it be awesome? all these backstories we hear about from the crewmembers of both games,(Carth,Atton,Baodur, Canderous/Mandalore,hk-47, lets see it!

any ideaS?

something for Silveredge9 :thmbup1:

QFT. I think Silver has already done a HUGE amount of work to this end...though it would take quite a bit more work...hmmm, I think I could picture Silver actually doing something like this.

Too bad Silver is retired...

Mmmm. We'll just see. Some people just can't keep away forever. May not be in the cards *right now* Still, I could see this happening. Some way or another.

A prequel would probably be even better than another sequel, we know a lot about what happened before Revan lost his memory, and we know a lot about the Mandalorian wars I'd really like to see a game taking place somewhere around there. Of course the PC would have to be entirely different entity, like perhaps a precursor to Revan or maybe just another shadowy comrade like Exile.

A prequel would probably be even better than another sequel, we know a lot about what happened before Revan lost his memory, and we know a lot about the Mandalorian wars I'd really like to see a game taking place somewhere around there. Of course the PC would have to be entirely different entity, like perhaps a precursor to Revan or maybe just another shadowy comrade like Exile.

yeah, even though all the above is undeniably true, it seems lucasarts are moving on to different pastures. it'd awesome though, Revan mustve had other leiutenants, none as powerful as the exile, but still.

Now I think about it; A Prequel really would be cool. If we team up and make it the biggest KoTOR mod production ever it would be great. Although I have a question; isn't it possible to upgrade the KoTOR/TSL-engine in terms op graphics ? Just like with the Source engine ?

Tolerating yes, supporting no.

QFT

As for the upgrading the engine to make it more graphical, no. Not unless you have licence for the engine(Lucasarts might sell you one for a few million), tons of money to buy the hardware required, vast computer skills, and tons of free time.

As for a prequel mod:

This is possible, but would be a ton of work. Even Silveredge9 had a bunch of help.

You would probably need a team consisting of a few modeler(Quanon in my opinion is the best in the holowan), many scripter, many skinner, many editors, some voiceactors, storyline writers, dialog writers, and more.

And a **** load of time. You cant just say, lets make this mod, it takes skill and lots of time learning the tools and the game. Better to start off small, to medium, then something large.

Hey,

The idea of a mod during the mando wars would be best handled as flash backs simular to BOS.

My idea to make this possible is to have the PC meet a person from the war then his/her dlg will activate the flash back. This will allow to build each flash back seperate. The results of the quest could lead to certain rewards, gear, etc.

food for thought

Logan

all great ideas and good points, but would we be able to make those movie cutscene thingys? y'know, like the ebon hawk fly-by in kotor one?

Music would be from the other two games, but there'd need to be a decent script writer, no rubbishy cliches, not after the genius of the script in the Sith Lords. Same goes for voice actors.

are there, like, official scrpitors for gaming storylines?

Hey

all great ideas and good points, but would we be able to make those movie cutscene thingys? y'know, like the ebon hawk fly-by in kotor one?

Music would be from the other two games, but there'd need to be a decent script writer, no rubbishy cliches, not after the genius of the script in the Sith Lords. Same goes for voice actors.

are there, like, official scrpitors for gaming storylines?

Yes, cut movies of the ebon hawk or other 3D models can be made but takes time and need a person to do them.

I believe you can only use the music from the game which is being modded- meaning if your using kotor2 as your base then you can not bring in kotor1 music unless its its already in the game files or you have some one create a copy by making the music from scratch.

As for a script writer- there are some here in the community that are good at dialogues and others who can create great plots.

As for producing a mod that equals the original game that's not going to happen, come close yes if the mod is small enough.

I would say build small.

You can have a character who you meet on a planet and that person can then talk to you about the Mando War. Then have a quest/flash back where you play as the Exile or even the character your talk to as he tells you his/her side of the War.

I would build one flash back at a time. Release each separate. Have a reward for completing the quest/flash back- it could be information, movie, cut scene or location of items. You can have a 3 module flash back start there, later you can make large ones.

This all depends on your vision of this mod.

And always remember team leader does about 90 percent of the work- which means learning to mod.

Logan

Archived