Kreia Vs Palpatine  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Kreia Vs Palpatine

• Kreia
    • Palpatine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palpatine was able to take on four Jedi and kill three of them all by himself with one saber, and Kreia had to use one saber and then three to attempt to kill one Jedi, which she failed at miserably. I think it's safe to say that Palpy would win.

Let's see, two of Star Wars' greatest philosophers and manipulators.... Tough call, but I'd go with Kreia. Her mastery and understanding of the Force is far great than Palpatine's (she make predictions that reach farther into the timeline than he ever could), and I doubt that Palpatine could have defeated the Exile at all. Why? 'Cause the Exile is the second most powerful individual in Star Wars history, right after Darth Nihilus. Force Vampires always have the edge over normal Force Users, so even Kreia couldn't stop the Exile.

Plus, Palpatine relies heavily on the Force, whereas Kreia has learned to use it minimally yet precisely. Palpatine would try and raise an army of clones to kill her, but Kreia would simply sneak in and use the Force to pinch a single artery in his brain that would cause instant death.

All in all, Kreia is the predecessor of Palpatine and easily his superior. Besides, the Jedi that Palpatine killed were so pathetic that 9 year old Anakin Skywalker could have killed them just by running them over with his podracer. :D

Think Lord of Hunger said it all :)

While Palpatine DID train the chosen one, he did it through deception, whereas Kreia trained Revan Sion and the Exile. Not a bad C.V.

Lets see Revan learnt all he could from her, Sion betrayed her and the Exile killed her. Yeah great C.V. :thmbup1:

What about Darth Maul and Count Dooku they were also trained personally by Palpatine.

Lets see Revan learnt all he could from her, Sion betrayed her and the Exile killed her. Yeah great C.V. :thmbup1:

What about Darth Maul and Count Dooku they were also trained personally by Palpatine.

haha fair enough, though Kreia understands things that Palpatine does not. however Palpatine DID bring about the fall of the Republic

im torn :confused:

Palpatine was a Sith from the get-go so no Jedi background to hinder his badassery, however Kreia could be called the original Sidious or Precursor to Palpatine since did what Palps did one up by being directly under the hero's nose the entire time. I don't know an awful lot about Palpatine's fighting style, I know that if you piss him off you could lose your head or get stabbed through the sternum so he is very efficient with a lightsaber and obviously force lightning, but on the other hand Kreia uses the whole affecting drain life that has like an instant kill even on Jedi masters, and her ability to wield 3-4 lightsabers with her mind. Tough to say, but I suppose when it all boils down it doesn't really matter what time frame the fight would take place in it would matter who has the most impressive skillset Kreia gets my vote.

Her mastery and understanding of the Force is far great than Palpatine's

What evidence do you have for this?

(she make predictions that reach farther into the timeline than he ever could)

Kreia's predictions about the Mandalorians ending was proven false. As for those which come true, it should also be noted that Kreia needed to be meditating in Trayus Core in order to see the future. I don't see any reason to believe why Palpatine wouldn't be able to do the same, if Trayus Core was at his disposal.

and I doubt that Palpatine could have defeated the Exile at all. Why? 'Cause the Exile is the second most powerful individual in Star Wars history, right after Darth Nihilus.

Give me a break. The Exile is nothing special compared to other extraordinary Force users in other parts of the timeline. Three Jedi Masters were capable of killing her (they rendered her immobile with ease, and could have wasted her if they wanted to had Kreia not shown up).

Force Vampires always have the edge over normal Force Users, so even Kreia couldn't stop the Exile.

Being a "Force Vampire" isn't a "win fight free card". If the Exile's Force knowledge, experience, training, and fighting skill are all inferior to Palpatine's, then what chance does she have against him? Unless she spends a decade or so in the dark side and becomes like Nihilus did, then she would have no chance. And even then, she would have to face the severe limitations and weaknesses that Nihilus' level of power brings.

Suppose Palpatine was inserted into the Battle of Telos IV in the Exile's place. How would he deal with it? He'd conjure a Dark Empire-style Force storm and obliterate Nihilus' ship.

Plus, Palpatine relies heavily on the Force, whereas Kreia has learned to use it minimally yet precisely.

Palpatine relies on the Force... and Kreia doesn't? She admits that she relies on it. If she didn't have it, she wouldn't be able to control people's minds, kill Jedi and Sith, mask her alignment like Palpatine did, or any other such things.

Palpatine would try and raise an army of clones to kill her

What? First of all, Palpatine doesn't need to make a clone army (or any army of any sort) in order to kill one Sith Lord. He'd kill her himself, like any other intelligent person would. He beat Yoda himself (or at least fought him to a close draw) in a fight. Why would Kreia be any more of a challenge?

but Kreia would simply sneak in and use the Force to pinch a single artery in his brain that would cause instant death.

Nuh-uhh! Palpatine would detect her first!

All in all, Kreia is the predecessor of Palpatine and easily his superior

Living before someone else doesn't make one a predecessor, and being someone's predecessor doesn't make one their superior.

Besides, the Jedi that Palpatine killed were so pathetic that 9 year old Anakin Skywalker could have killed them just by running them over with his podracer.

Lame jokes aside, the four Jedi in question are often cited as being among the best swordsmen in in the Order, and their prowess is demonstrated more than once. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The only fair way to look at this is objective facts which we know about the characters in question. We know that both of them are manipulative and careful planners, we know Palpatine was a master of Force lightning, we know both of them were adept at concealing their alignment, we know Kreia was a master of telekinetic lightsaber combat, and so on. But like Revan, Malak, the Exile, and just about every single other Jedi or Sith in the KotOR series, Kreia never did anything, in the areas of accomplishments or feats of strength in the Force, that were not or could not have been done by other Force users of other eras. What has Kreia done that Palpatine has not or could not? Nothing.

Why? 'Cause the Exile is the second most powerful individual in Star Wars history, right after Darth Nihilus.

Why does everyone think everyone from the KOTOR series are the most powerful beings ever? Just cause they killed loads of people doesn't make them more powerful than the other characters. Besides, I'm sure some of the things you encounter are just game mechanics.

Palpatine was able to take on four Jedi and kill three of them all by himself with one saber, and Kreia had to use one saber and then three to attempt to kill one Jedi, which she failed at miserably. I think it's safe to say that Palpy would win.

She didn't even need a saber. You see, she did eliminate three Masters with near impunity when they attempted to cut the Exile's tie to the Force. Just with the wave of her hand, they all fell dead. Palpatine couldn't even defeat even one with the Force and I would assume Kavar ranks about as powerful as Windu.

She didn't even need a saber. You see, she did eliminate three Masters with near impunity when they attempted to cut the Exile's tie to the Force. Just with the wave of her hand, they all fell dead. Palpatine couldn't even defeat even one with the Force and I would assume Kavar ranks about as powerful as Windu.

Windu with two lightsabers.

And both were killed by Jedi Apprentices.

I'd have to go with Kreia. She would kill Palpatine, his clone armies, his clone bodies (which I think was a mistake on the part of LucasArts), and Vader.

She would probably destroy his cronies and clones without even thinking. Then she would drain, crush, and saber him all with her mind.

Yeah... I haven't seen him waste any Jedi Masters one-on-one, let alone three.

So I guess those other 3 Jedi Masters just dropped dead at the sight of a red lightsaber. ;)

As for who would win, I would say neither, because they are both old. They would simply throw out their hips, and fall over on the ground. If they were younger, they would be about the same power.

tough call, I put Palpatine. If only because we see him waste 4 jedi masters that were ready for him. kreia came into the room, and surprised the 3 masters.

Yeah... so she didn't intimidate them, sever their tie to the Force, or give a long-winded speech about their hypocritical actions before she killed them? Palpatine challenged two masters, two knights, and killed three with a lightsaber. Kriea didn't even need a lightsaber against three Council members... that goes to show how strong she was with the Force.

This is not really relevant to anything, so I'll not keep emphasizing this.

Why does everyone think everyone from the KOTOR series are the most powerful beings ever? Just cause they killed loads of people doesn't make them more powerful than the other characters. Besides, I'm sure some of the things you encounter are just game mechanics.

I don't think that everyone from the KOTOR series are the most powerful beings ever. I do know that the Force Vampires of the Sith Triumvirate were possibly the greatest threat to life itself.

Consider the Internet for a moment. It connects everything increasingly nowadays. It also allows for viruses and spam to be sent to people on a massive scale. Now replace the Internet with the Force, an energy field that connects all living organisms, and replace viruses with individuals who can use the Force to suck the life essence out of both Force users and non-Force users. Worse, imagine a scenario where the viruses specifically target the computers of the companies that build virus protection.

To simplify it with Internet syntax, frc vmprs ownz all n00bs!!!1! :D

What evidence do you have for this?

Consider how many rare techniques she taught the Exile:

Beast Trick

Breath Control

Telepathy

Precognition

Etc.

Then consider that she knows Lightsaber Telekinesis, mind wipes people on a regular basis with no effort, breaks into Atton's mind (the mind of someone who has trained specifically to keep people out of his mind) like the barriers weren't even there, and trained four very powerful and skilled Force users: Revan, the Exile, Sion, and Nihilus.

Palpatine: He can possess clones, predict events, mask his presence like Kreia, use Force Persuade on a scale equivalent to Revan, kill a bunch of Jedi who function on the lowest level of competence, and established the Galactic Empire.

Kreia's predictions about the Mandalorians ending was proven false. As for those which come true, it should also be noted that Kreia needed to be meditating in Trayus Core in order to see the future. I don't see any reason to believe why Palpatine wouldn't be able to do the same, if Trayus Core was at his disposal.

Actually I accept this point. You are right here.

Give me a break. The Exile is nothing special compared to other extraordinary Force users in other parts of the timeline. Three Jedi Masters were capable of killing her (they rendered her immobile with ease, and could have wasted her if they wanted to had Kreia not shown up).

Um...LS Exile submitted to the Jedi Masters, DS Exile kills all of them. Both kill Nihilus, Sion, and Kreia. LS Exile is a passive Force Vampire, and thus fuels herself with the excess energy of everyone around her, especially party members. DS Exile is an up and coming Darth Nihilus, the aggressive Force Vampire who could only be stopped by a fellow Force Vampire. I can't see any other Force users beating the Exile or Nihilus since individuals like Anakin, Luke, Revan, and Galen are just food for them.

Being a "Force Vampire" isn't a "win fight free card". If the Exile's Force knowledge, experience, training, and fighting skill are all inferior to Palpatine's, then what chance does she have against him? Unless she spends a decade or so in the dark side and becomes like Nihilus did, then she would have no chance. And even then, she would have to face the severe limitations and weaknesses that Nihilus' level of power brings.

See above.

Suppose Palpatine was inserted into the Battle of Telos IV in the Exile's place. How would he deal with it? He'd conjure a Dark Empire-style Force storm and obliterate Nihilus' ship.

The Force Storm would likely be absorbed by Nihilus, and even if the Ravager was destroyed Nihilus would likely survive. Again, powerful Force users are just food for Vampires.

Palpatine relies on the Force... and Kreia doesn't? She admits that she relies on it. If she didn't have it, she wouldn't be able to control people's minds, kill Jedi and Sith, mask her alignment like Palpatine did, or any other such things.

Considering her teachings are to avoid its use and maintain real life skills, I'd say she relies on it less than Palpatine. In fact, she teaches the Exile how to ground her Force powers in real life skills. Kreia likely has very high awareness, stealth, and treat injury skills.

Meanwhile, Palpatine has no problem with blasting someone with Force Lighting whenever he wants to. He does it to a point where he doesn't realize his apprentice is have a major change of heart. Kreia would have simply killed Luke and then detected Vader's conflict and use a mind wipe on him.

What? First of all, Palpatine doesn't need to make a clone army (or any army of any sort) in order to kill one Sith Lord. He'd kill her himself, like any other intelligent person would. He beat Yoda himself (or at least fought him to a close draw) in a fight. Why would Kreia be any more of a challenge?

'Cause beating the Jedi of that era is not a challenge. They lost all of their sense of vigilance and discipline after the Ruusan Reformation. Also, it is very common for the Sith to defeat Jedi who adhere to the ideals of the Jedi Code. As we've seen in the Movies (Lucas' Holy Star Wars Canon), the Sith are usually defeated by Jedi who decide **** the Code and tap into their emotions. Obi Wan does it, Luke does it, Anakin does it, etc.. Yoda, the height of the Jedi Order at the time, could barely stand his ground again Palpatine. There is no way Yoda could have stood for a second against Kreia, especially since Palpatine either toys with his prey or deliberately looses to turn whinny emo kids into badass Sith Lords like Vader.

Nuh-uhh! Palpatine would detect her first!

Uh...okay then.

Living before someone else doesn't make one a predecessor, and being someone's predecessor doesn't make one their superior.

Considering that they are so much a like, I'd say that Kreia is Palpatine's predecessor. Also note that Kreia attempted to do (and nearly succeeded) in something far grander than even Palpatine could imagine: the death of the Force.

Lame jokes aside, the four Jedi in question are often cited as being among the best swordsmen in in the Order, and their prowess is demonstrated more than once.

Again, being a Jedi Master in that specific time is not a compliment. A Padawan from Luke's new order could have easily kicked any of those Jedi's ass.

The only fair way to look at this is objective facts which we know about the characters in question. We know that both of them are manipulative and careful planners, we know Palpatine was a master of Force lightning, we know both of them were adept at concealing their alignment, we know Kreia was a master of telekinetic lightsaber combat, and so on. But like Revan, Malak, the Exile, and just about every single other Jedi or Sith in the KotOR series, Kreia never did anything, in the areas of accomplishments or feats of strength in the Force, that were not or could not have been done by other Force users of other eras. What has Kreia done that Palpatine has not or could not? Nothing.

Never did anything? Are you kidding me? Kreia's students wiped out the Jedi Order, and nearly wiped out life itself. Revan built a Sith Empire that was likely the role model for Palpatine's (we know that Palpatine's Stormtrooper uniforms drew inspiration from the Sith Trooper Armor of Revan's Empire), and convinced millions of loyal Jedi and Republic soldiers to abandon their cause and serve him (whereas Palpatine convinced thousands of corrupt Senators to institute a government the people of the Core Worlds already wanted...not that hard). Sion achieved the form of immortality that most Sith have dreams about (while Palpatine had to jump from Clone to Clone to survive). Nihilus achieved a level of power unparalleled, literally becoming a force of nature rather than a person (while Palpatine had difficulty controlling his Force Storm). The Exile caused about 70% of the Sith Triumvirates casualties (most of which were Force Vampires), averted a Civil War, saved an entire Outer Rim community, destabilized crime in the Y'Toub system, and survived the Tomb of Ludo Kreesh (something most Jedi easily failed to do). Kreia was the one who made all of this possible.

Archived