Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guybrush from Monkey Island2 in the Special edition style

Guybrush_Monkey_Island_2_by_Irishmile.png

That looks great! Now Parabolee has competition for his... :D

I think he's meant to have a proper (albeit thin) beard based on the cover art and that close-up on Phatt Island. The mock-up above looks spot-on to me, based on the aforementioned close-up.

For the life of me I can't remember the close-up on Phatt Island... does anyone have a link to it? I'm probably gonna replay it anyway soon though :p

Maybe I'll redo him in CMI style.

DO IT

That looks great! Now Parabolee has competition for his... :D

Lol, yeah, too busy to finish mine (still at work at 7pm) but here is my early work in progress (as posted in the other thread). Only about 20 mins on this. I think my beard and face is better, but my coat needs some work.

GB-ME2SE.jpg

I don't think we are in competition... Its all just fun.. I draw and paint for fun.. except when some one pays me to... but most of the time thats fun too.....(as long as the check clears.....)

Any way I quickly worked on another one... the one on the left is a little less SE and more like the one from the old MI2 game...

Guybrush_Monkey_Island_2_by_Irishmile.png

I'd rather this, personally, than the current style for the SEs.

I love the idea that Guybrush bought a coat two sizes too big, thinking he'd grow into it as he becomes an even richer, more famous faux-pirate.

He's still a gangly, lanky teenager with an underwhelming beard who now thinks he's a man.

Haha, when and why did the Adventurer stop being on a huge newspaper?

I' think I have only ever seen the newspaper one with your avatar on the cover, Mr. Laserschwert, that came with a friend's boxed release of SMI on CD.

I don't think any of my LucasArts games came with an Adventurer besides Afterlife and Monkey Island 2, unless my dad threw them away. He tends to do that. I know for sure my boxed Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and Curse of Monkey Island all did not have issues of the Adventurer inside even though I know it was still running at that point, like the Sam and Max CMI tie in for instance was on the web in that period.

I love MI3 but I think they should stay true to the original designs of MI2 if they remake MI2

You would hope so but they didn't strictly stay true to the original designs of SMI. I wonder if Guybrush will have a totally new haircut for the MI2 Special Edition o.O

Archived