Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weren't you the guy kicking up a fuss about people being too harsh to you? You seem to have gone a little crazy with your blunt opinions lately :raise:

Just trying to fit in I guess

and Fealiks I was only annoyed because his criticism in that thread wasn't constructive. At least I told this guy the beard was a big problem

LOL, that's pretty cool IMO. I mean I wouldn't want it in the game, but I like the twist on GB.

And while I think Paco's nw Guybrush is wonderfully done, I think he's looks a little too much like a bad ass. Too ruggedly handsome. Although I can see why Fealiks likes it, not that I am suggesting all his gay innuendo is anything more than that ;)

We've seen his dad, at the end of LeChuck's Revenge.

Now that I think of it, the grunt work for LeChuck's Revenge is already done for them, all it takes is a scan and clean-up of the original backgrounds and hey presto, half the work is done over a few days.

They better do a MI2 SE... If they don't I will cry and if I start crying I will not be able to stop then I will start hiccuping and if I hiccup too long I will puke and if I puke my wife will puke and if she pukes my kids will puke and then my cats.....

Why would Lucasarts knowingly put their fans through that sort of grief?

Found these two on my old ClassicAdventures DVD I made a couple of years ago...

Dunno if they have been posted already. Even the sketches without color look detailed enough to be scanned in at higher resolution.

btw if anyone has these at higher res, post them!

mi2conceptart02.jpg

mi2conceptart01.jpg

Jesus guys, get a grip. They've already said that any consideration of future remakes will depend upon how well the first special edition sells. Let them at least get that out the door! :p

Yes, while I would be happy to contribute. It seems pointless to waste time on it when a MI2:SE could be announced in the next 6 months!

Let's see how the SE does, if it sells well, we can count on a MI2:SE.

We put a call out for people, and ensure the Monkey Island community that we are a commited group that want to see a faithful update of what I would personally describe as the greatest Lucasarts adventure of all time.

Since there is already the old version, one can decide not to touch certain aspects, like sound, thus only upgrading the graphics, if no sound people can be found. Of course scripters are always needed.

MI2 was not in their just announced list of games that are going to be available for purchase online this means 1 of 2 things

1 they are going to ignore it completely

or

2 the most likely they are gearing up for a special edition treatment.. we just have to be patient and wait for it

Archived