Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mh, interesting news nevertheless... I've gotta admit, I wouldn't be surprised if they DID already do some pre-production for an MI2:SE (just to be prepared), even if it's only scanning of the background paintings (which could always be just part of a preservation project for the Lucasfilm Archives).

Putting resources and effort into new games that might not get released doesn't sound too far-fetched for LucasArts anyway... I'm thinking "Freelance Police" and the nextgen-ports of "Stasff of Kings" here.

It was described as "the new collaborative Twitter channel," but yeah, there's no news of it on the official LEC Twitter or on any of the pages and I don't understand why they wouldn't just post the news on the official LEC Twitter anyway? Why do they need another one? Yet, the specifics of giving an actual tangible date still makes me wonder...

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

You're right... there's NO WAY that could be faked! :)

Sorry, just teasing... there's some people with a LOT of spare time in their hands -- somebody on Twitter recently had Lost fans running around thinking they'd uncovered another ARG -- leaving cryptic clues all over the internet, for example. I hope you're right, though!

But was it really on the LucasArts channel? Or was it just tagged #LECSteam? I'm not totally Twitter-savvy either... It's confusing! I do know that it's not like you could accidentally click "send" on a draft message or something; you would have just written it.

It could be a bit of a marketing trick to make us start discussing it :)

I want parallax scrolling backgrounds, in 1080p, with 32-bit color.

I want smoke, light fx, animated oceans and translucent Largo-spit.

I want updated orchestral iMuse, 48khz sound quality.

I want Jo-Jo the monkey, fully rotoscoped with a performance by Jacko's old chimp and his piano playing feet to be Mozart's superimposed, digitally reimagined hands.

I want 48 frames per second ultra-fluid character sprite animations with full lip-synching, ragdoll physics and procedurally blended strafing and walk cycles.

And I want it NOW. Do it LucasArts. DO - IT.

I want Hollywood style production values.

I want John Williams to compose the updated orchestral score.

I want Robin Williams, John Candy (back from the dead), and Christopher Lloyd in the game.

I want Jim Carrey to play Stan.

I want 1080p Disney quality animation fully shaded at 48fps.

I want Guybrush to carry around a cigar and sunglasses.

I want parallax scrolling backgrounds, in 1080p, with 32-bit color.

I want smoke, light fx, animated oceans and translucent Largo-spit.

I want updated orchestral iMuse, 48khz sound quality.

I want Jo-Jo the monkey, fully rotoscoped with a performance by Jacko's old chimp and his piano playing feet to be Mozart's superimposed, digitally reimagined hands.

I want 48 frames per second ultra-fluid character sprite animations with full lip-synching, ragdoll physics and procedurally blended strafing and walk cycles.

And I want it NOW. Do it LucasArts. DO - IT.

The worrying part is, I believe you wouldn't be satisfied unless you got your requests.

I want it Pixar quality graphics

I want an atmosphere so dense you could cut with a knife

I want graphics so beautiful they'd make Ray Charles cry

I want music so sweet it'd make er... Ray Charles cry

I want the acting so good that Meryl Streep will blush

I want an interface so slick it'd make Apple take notes

I want I want I want :)

Archived