Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Michael Bay involved in writing capacity to spicen up the jokes. Two words: Ball jokes!

I want a hacker to crack the source code so that there are only FHM chicks and bikini models walking around the islands in Uber-HDR stereoscopic 4D-smellovision.

I want total BS mythology spewed out in several 30min lasting exposition monologues.

I want random shots of every military fighter ever built instead of the normal chapter screens.

I want the spitting contest to be changed to a Bay-splosions-measure-your-dick-athon.

I want a Giant Monkey Robot battling a Giant LeChuck-o-Bot...oh wai...

Oh and I second this notion:

I WANT ELAINE NAKED!

LucasArts DO - IT - NOW!

This is my favourite bit of that article:

Many theories have floated over the web about what really was going on in Monkey Island. Some say there are portals in the pirate world around the Caribbean; or that the secret is the location of Monkey Island itself; or, finally, because of MI2's ending, that Guybrush is just a young boy who is visiting a theme park.

On these suggestions Ron Gilbert (creator of MI) once commented, "One is closer than the others--but not much".

To which the author manages to extrapolate:

Of course Ron couldn't have said “It’s very close” – he probably likes his secret to remain secret. And he was probably referring to the last one. In that case, our theory could be as much as 99% correct.

Bawahahaha!

From "slightly better than completely wrong" to "possibly 99% correct". That's optimism! :)

Man, as far as "evidence" goes, that's priceless.

Sorry, it just cracks me up when I read it. Don't know why.

Of course, nations have gone to war on less evidence, so..........

I've always believed uncovering a secret of a far-off place called Monkey Island was the catalyst for Guybrush as a child to imagine he was a pirate on adventures while he travelled around the theme park.

The secret itself, for us gamers, was the revelation at the end of LeChuck's Revenge that the two games were part of the imagination of an excited kid who ends up coming back to reality once his imagination takes him a little too far in the service tunnels of Big Whoop Amusement Park.

The modern elements, objects and patois within the games really sold it to me.

Also considering it's based on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride makes sense.

Actually Ron Gilbert's inspiration came from the book "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers. Check it out on Ron's Blog. Great book btw, I love Tim Powers, although this is not his best. The creators/writers of Pirates of the Caribbean have also confessed to having ripped quite many things from this book.

He says that now, he said that he got the inspiration from PotC before.

Btw, though the theme park theory does make some sense. There is one big problem, kids don't fantasize about love. The pirate Guybrush acts way too adult (though he's of course a bit of an idiot) to be the figment of a kids imagination.

The real secret may involve a theme park in some way, but it cannot possibly be the true secret.

It's that they're in a game. It's that Guybrush is a character from a computer game released in 1990 and he isn't a real person. Seriously, that's the secret. It's breaking the fourth wall, that's the secret. Ronny-boy didn't want me telling you, but I am anyway.

Archived