Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you didn't play this game yet?! IF so go play it right away

that is the best ADV game then you've got a game called (Toonstruck) its a cartoonish adv game also

Oh aewsome :thmbup1:. I am so glad :monkey4:. I thought it was fake I cant believe I havnt played it. I am a big fan of the Monkey Island sereies.

Ok guys, I think we should put the thread to sleep and maybe start a new one with all the HD materials /concept art of MI2 that is available. Maybe include some of the fine character sketches and HD mockups. If LEC makes a MI2:SE it would be nice to have all this stuff as a reference in one place...you know...sorted.

Ok guys, I think we should put the thread to sleep and maybe start a new one with all the HD materials /concept art of MI2 that is available. Maybe include some of the fine character sketches and HD mockups. If LEC makes a MI2:SE it would be nice to have all this stuff as a reference in one place...you know...sorted.

If only we had a thread for people to post their versions of artwork :p

Oh aewsome :thmbup1:. I am so glad :monkey4:. I thought it was fake I cant believe I havnt played it. I am a big fan of the Monkey Island sereies.

:raise:

There are four Monkey Island games, five if you include Tales of Monkey Island.

The Secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

The Curse of Monkey Island

Escape from Monkey Island

Which have you actually played?

I concur.

Uhh... wow.

Curse of Monkey Island is my favourite Monkey Island of the lot. :/

I like the art and the cartoonish look. Its a good change for once. I looked at toonstruck and I think I will play that too. Its just a little wierd to me. Its so different from the lucasarts titles. :guyofwar:

:raise:

There are four Monkey Island games, five if you include Tales of Monkey Island.

The Secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

The Curse of Monkey Island

Escape from Monkey Island

Which have you actually played?

Only the first. I have heard of the others but so far only played one. I am curently playing Maniac Mansion deluxe. I will get to the monkey islands. I just heard of it last year so I dont know how many there were. But I am realy exited about Tales of Monkey Island coming to wiiware. I have all the possible adventure games for wii including the new sam and max series and Strong Bad and I want to get the ScummVM for wii so I will have them all on one console. I also have Fate of Atlantis. It came with the staff of kings. :guyofwar:

Well were is the other thread? Whats it called? I think this one is long enough and its to long to lookthrough. It took me 30 minutes to find a relpie I was looking for...:confused:

Well were is the other thread? Whats it called? I think this one is long enough and its to long to lookthrough. It took me 30 minutes to find a relpie I was looking for...:confused:

As much as I'd love to see an MI2:SE happen (since MI2 is my favourite adventure game ever), I'm having doubts...

Of course one major factor will be the sales of the MI1:SE, but there are some technical aspects, that make a MI2:SE much less likely than a MI1:SE:

- MI1 is probably 1/2 the volume of MI2

- The art in MI2 is much more refined than the art in MI1, thus remaking the backgrounds would be much more difficult

- MI1 has about 40 minutes of music... MI2 has about 2 hours... re-recording it would be a much bigger task

- MI2 uses iMuse to fade between different music-tracks and -arrangements... adapting that to digital audio requires a lot of work

On the other hand:

- Using MI1 to test out receptions of an SE makes sense, as it's one of the most successful LA-titles, and yet not as complex as a lot of their other games... this doesn't mean, that MI1's volume is the maximum they're willing to invest into

- if the original background-paintings for MI2 still exist (which I'll assume, judging by the "Rogue Leaders"-book), it makes things a lot easier for the artists, since they can simply re-scan them at a higher res, and work from there

- if adapting MI2's iMuse-score is too complex to transfer to digital audio, they could simplify the way the music plays in the game, and simply crossfade in case of a music change

Whatever it'll be, it would be pretty random for LA to just put out the MI:SE, if there aren't at least thoughts about other SEs in the back of their heads.

Hey is there going to be a new thread for all this Monkey Island 2: Special Editon art? If so I want to know what its going to be called.

Yeah, people don't like it when you post loads of times in a row. If you think of something else to write, click "edit" and put it on the end of your post, that's what I do. Or, if you want to quote multiple people, click the little blue quote image in the bottom corner of their post for everyone you want to quote, and then when you click "reply" it'll all be there ready for you.

Alternatively you can quote them in a seperate post, but just copy that post rather than posting it and paste it onto your previous post :p

Archived