Home

A couple of questions.

Drunkside

These questions are about TSL.

So here goes:

1) If I made a new baseitem for an upgradeable lightsaber would I only see the crystals it uses in the upgrade screen(so that i wouldnt be able to transform it into a normal lightsaber and vice versa)?

2) The more simple question: Could someone provide me with the names of these areas: The dantooine plain area which contains the crystal cave, the "vision cave"-tomb on korriban and the first room of the trayus academy(the one that has bookshelves).

Thanks.

Not too sure about the first question.

For the second. If KT isn't lying to me, the crystal cave itself is 604DAN while the plains that contain the entrance to the cave would be 602DAN. The vision cave on Korriban would be 711KOR, and the first room of the Trayus Academy would be 903MAL.

- Star Admiral

Hmmmm.... Ive run into a wall: I cant seem to find the actual model of the module, all i get is doors and stuff like that. But the last ones containing DAN seem more fitting like 650dan_01.mdl. Is the module im looking for among these? (Im using darth insidious´ module reskinning tut, but its for K1 and all files are named very differently in TSL).

EDIT: Now ive also found parts of the jedi enclave. When i imported the first one to gmax i was feeling confident that i might actually find the whole modules, but now after countless enclave parts im starting to feel depressed...

but now after countless enclave parts im starting to feel depressed...

Welcome to area modding :p

Modules are basically made up of many different parts - seperate models - that are positioned in the modules layout (.lyt) file. For the Crystal Cave, 604DAN ^ there are 12 models that make up the module, named 604dan(a to l). If I remember correctly, DI's tutorial teaches you to replace textures in the binary models.

I suggest giving it a re-read. For DI's tutorial I'm pretty sure importing the models into gmax is unnecessary.

Heheh my thought on the whole thing was "this is what area modding is?". :D

I know i dont have to put them to gmax but i just did that to figure out what each of the models actually are.

But anyway, thanks, this really helped. I actually opened some of the correct ones but they happened to be doors and stuff like that so i thought they were wrong:xp:

Im gonna continue trying this tomorrow, lets see what my next problem is then:p

Next barrier: Where can i get the textures? If im not badly mistaken, they should extract at the same time as the module files, but i cant extract them like that. I already did once and everything in my folder disappeared. Is there any other way of finding the textures?

Ok good thanks alot. The tutorial is a bit unclear about this, but i shouldve understood that they are needed cause they are going to go through some hexing... I just have a bad habit of missing some very obvious points all the time :xp: Well anyway thanks.

Hmm i dont want to reskin the dantooine area other than change the skybox, make it night and make it rain. So basically i need to know if the skybox is (like it would logically seem) dan_sky6? Thanks.

The skybox for Dantooine is split into several parts. It should be DAN_sky1-6.

Ok... But thats the only one that i got when i extracted the module´s model files. Maybe those other numbers are for different areas?

No, a skybox is basically a box with the distance skinned onto it. Your model probably didn't include the entire skybox, just a portion.

Archived