Best Monkey Island title?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Best Monkey Island title?

• The Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge
    • The Curse of Monkey Island
    • Escape from Monkey Island
    • Tales of Monkey Island

For me it's a tie between Secret and Monkey 2, but Monkey 2 almost inches ahead because I really like the darker atmosphere in the game. LeChuck in his undead form still creeps me out to this day. There both really good games though so it's hard to say.

While I like Curse, even after all these years it still feels like it's missing something. It's hard to explain. Maybe it's the fact that it never really addresses the ending from Monkey 2 and the voices sound different then in my head. It's leagues ahead of Escape though.

the curse of monkey island had the best graphics for adventure games ever, its graphics got a smell of the amazing relaxing adventure.and while you’re setting on an arm chair playing pure comic cartoon adventure, with relaxing music. thinking. and while the air conditioner is giving you fresh cool air, aah nice feeling. same as toonstruck really both of these games got the best graphics ever for adventure games.

When I was younger I had the same mentality for film. But just because something is shiny and new doesn’t make it better by any stretch. Maniac Mansion, Zak, Loom, Monkey 1 & 2 still hold up and will for several years to come. I'd rather play games like this any day that had substance then shine.

When I was younger I had the same mentality for film. But just because something is shiny and new doesn’t make it better by any stretch. Maniac Mansion, Zak, Loom, Monkey 1 & 2 still hold up and will for several years to come. I'd rather play games like this any day that had substance then shine.

I agree with gos that the graphics of CMI are brilliant. But not because they were shiny and new or anything - I played MI1 and 2 for the first time months before playing CMI. It's because they were charming and atmospheric, but nice and cartoony too. The style is brilliant. Slightly more brilliant than that of MI2 :p

This thread is for best title, though.. not game :D

gos, I was gonna check out Toonstruck ages ago but I still haven't. I might see if I can get it.

Archived