Home

If Brutal Legend Succeeds....

Has anybody been thinking about what would happen if Brutal Legend succeeds? I mean, with all this attention going to that game and to DoubleFine, do you think people may be discovering Psychonauts? Let's say that did happen, and old copies of the game start to sell. Could their be a chance at some form of a successor? This is all hypothetical, but if that did happen, I'd be very pleased.

^It's a nice thought...and stranger things have happened...but right now...I'm more concerned if it's going to even be released this year with all this Activision garbage.

QFT

There's a chance. But, Brutal Legend would have to be quite

successful for that chance, in my opinion. I don't think it will be very sucessful, sadly. I'll still but it though.

The only way Brütal Legend could help make a Psychonauts sequel is if it becomes a wildly out of control run-away hit. Then a sequel will be rushed into production while quick knock-off sequels will be made of anything Tim Schafer ever touched, a la American McGee's Alice. It would be a purely money grubbing effort.

Otherwise any success Brütal Legend has will just fuel calls for its own sequel.

If you've listened to Tim Schafer refer to the Psychonauts character development process in his talk on character design, you'll realize that it probably can't be duplicated for a sequel.

Archived