Home

Female Wookiee Recruitable NPC? (KotOR II)

Spinderfly

Hello, there...

Well, I was killing time going through skins with the KotOR Tool when I found that the models for the female Wookiees from K1 were still there. I also found (some) of the sound files for them--Not all, however. .

Now, I loved it when female wookiees appeared in the village on Kashyyyk--It gave the place believability. In fact, I loved all of K1 for that kind of thing. There was a lot of diversity. It probably doesn't hurt that I'm a raving xenophile, too.

K2 dissapointed me in that respect. If you play goody-two-shoes(like I always do) the only "alien" members of the party you can get are Visas and Bao-Dur. And Hanharr creeps me out, anyway. So I was wondering if it would be possible to take a soundset for the female wookiees, write dialogues, etc.

I'm thinking of linking this PC in with the slavers who try to steal the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shadaa, and a Force Sensitive, because the Exile draws them to him/her like moths to a flame. Perhaps even make her a Jedi Guardian later on, I don't know.

I was inspired by the Dustil Recruit mod, actually. It convinced me that something like this may be possible... I just need to figure out how. I'll try and find myself some tutorials regarding module editing, but any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Well, let me start off by saying welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see a new face around here.

Foremost, you should know that it might not be possible to create a female Wookiee in KoTOR II since there are no female Wookiees present in TSL, and therefore there aren't any skins to use. However, I am not 100% sure about that - there might be extra, unused skins lying about-, and I'm sure an experienced 3D modder could create a female Wookiee.

I would advise skimming through the Tutorials section of Holowan Labs to answer most of your general questions - veteran modders have taken a lot of time writing those tutorials, so why not use them? In any case, here are some tutorials that you might want to look over for your particular project.

Spawing Items, Placeables, and Creatures

Custom Modules tutorial

How to recruit an NPC in less than 10 steps

+

[TSL] Recruit Script

If you have any particular questions, I would recommend 'dissecting' the Recruit Dustil mod in KoTOR Tool to see the source codes, .utcs, etc. that were used so that you can get an idea of what is necessary to construct a mod like the one you're planning. If you have any other questions, or if I wasn't clear enough, feel free to ask - I'll clarify as needed.

-- JM76

ARGH. FAKKING ADS MADE ME HAVE TO RETYPE MY POST. D:<

Anyway, what I was saying was that I'm not much good at serious modding. The most I've done is a couple wussy reskins. I can write dialogue, though, and I'll probably work on that over the summer.

In reference to the sound files, I think I may have to mash up some. They had three files there, which were mostly snippets of full lines. But it shouldn't be that hard.

Thank you everyone for their suggestions! :D

When you replace Hanharr your just replacing a Wookiee with a Wookiee. This mod would work better if it replaced a Human. Maybe you could replace Mira? You could give your female Wookiee some red highlights and she immediately becomes a red-maned huntress.

Woah, this is getting popular! :o

@Mr. Shadow: I already named her, actually. Her name's Aughra. And thanks for the help with dialogue! :D

@Te Mirdala Mand'alor: Hey, that's a good idea! I'll experiment with a skin. The times where Hanharr grabs her by the throat would be weird, though. xD

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Oh...

Problem: Female Wookies probably dont have any combat or utility animations.

Wookiee females should have the animations just like the Wookiee males. It worked when I made a Wookiee female costume for TSL, so I see no reanon why it wouldn't with this mod.

Oh god, you're right. I never thought of that... On second thought, Mira isn't an unheard of name for a Wookiee...xD

Hey! Here's a thought! Let's replace G0-T0! I don't think tons of people would miss him, and Mira/Aughra can be in one of the empty cells on Goto's Yacht. Same problem, of course, but he's more of a minor character.

I'm glad you decided to take Mira's spot in the party (althrough I love Mira), cause I love this idea and was hoping I could get it and still be a lightsider.

Are you guys going to use RedRob's female Wookiee's reskins or are those only for K1?

That sounds like a nice idea... I sure haven't much made much progress reskinning it myself. Lol.

EDIT: I've made a reskin, which looks pretty good, but again, my CD drive isn't working. I'll need somebody to test it for me.

If you still need someone to test it, I could do it.

Archived