Home

Fixing the Special Edition poster :)

parabolee

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think one of the biggest problems with the new poster is the awful garish colours. The original colour scheme was very well thought out and incredibly pleasing to the eye, the new one is full of terrible amped up garish, bright primary colours. Blahh!

I actually think one of the biggest problems with the new poster is the awful garish colours. The original colour scheme was very well thought out and incredibly pleasing to the eye, the new one is full of terrible amped up garish, bright primary colours. Blahh!

It's actually very hard to say what IS the original colour scheme without having the original poster next to you. But, as I said, it is possible to fix those contrast/hue problems in Photoshop, I believe.

Actually I got it from here -

http://joemartin.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/mi1poster.jpg

Unless your Joe Martin, or he took it from you. But it looks like a different scan from yours.

It's my monstrosity. It doesn't matter where you got it from, he still took it from me. I created it a very long time ago, using the picture from the Monkey Island Madness .exe docfile as a guide (and the palm tree and "lucasfilm logo" area) ... it was used later on World of MI (I don't know why - it really is bad)... here's the original for the exact version you posted, in lossless PNG format so you can see it is the original file:

M1BOX6.PNG

As you can see in the final version I removed the Palm Tree entirely:

IN3.PNG

I think it's pretty close. (except maybe for the purple in the upper right bone)

Yes yours is fantastic. DO you work with Photoshop professionally? Because I do and your work is very professional.

Thanks for all your hard work on these posters! It's really great to have such beautiful versions for poster printing!

Yes yours is fantastic. DO you work with Photoshop professionally? Because I do and your work is very professional.

Thanks for all your hard work on these posters! It's really great to have such beautiful versions for poster printing!

I concur, you've got some serious skillz, LS! How you managed to get that second palm-tree looking so goood, I'd love to know!

(You're probably bored of these posters by now, but the third tree (the one that's blurred) is actually very visible in the KIXX cover!)

Well, yeah, I work with Photoshop professionally, although I mainly work in the 3D-field (with 3ds max to be exact). But that requires skills with other applications as well. Plus, as a counter-balance, I do a lot of 2D-work (mostly with PS) hobby-wise, so there you go.

Well, yeah, I work with Photoshop professionally, although I mainly work in the 3D-field (with 3ds max to be exact). But that requires skills with other applications as well. Plus, as a counter-balance, I do a lot of 2D-work (mostly with PS) hobby-wise, so there you go.

Cool, I never got into 3D work, my father does a little. Mainly designing equipment to be built in different fields. I'm a digital artists, flash animator and web designer myself.

And we are now officially off-topic ;-D

bare with me here but..

Anyone notice on Xbox Live 'Inside Xbox' today, the feature video is an In Depth of MI:SE at E3.

now either

a) Lucasarts have changed their artwork to remove the smirk or

b) someone at Xbox downloaded the wrong artwork to use!

now either

a) Lucasarts have changed their artwork to remove the smirk or

b) someone at Xbox downloaded the wrong artwork to use!

Can you take a picture of that and post it on here or something? I'd be delighted to see them remove that smirk.

Nothing really new in that video, but it should hopefully raise awareness to the game. Might also be a sign that they're ready to tell us the release date soon?

But yeah it's definitely not the official artwork. That interviewer came across as a long-time Monkey Island fan though, so there are obviously some people out there who feel the same way about that official poster.

Archived