Home

Fixing the Special Edition poster :)

parabolee

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, well deserved, parabolee. Your art is way better. You should contact LA and ask if they want to replace their art with yours...

If I did that I would be afraid LucasArts might realise Microsoft's mistake (if that's what it was) and ask them to change it to theirs.

Although I really have no claim over the artwork, since it's just a composition of two official pieces of art. All the same I more than happy to give LucasArts and anyone else full approval to use what I did in anyway.

I have to say I'm pretty proud that the work I did might contribute to selling more copies of MI:SE, because the original artwork would put people off IMO. If I had never heard of Monkey Island, it would put me off!

Oh and it's not showing on the US XB Dashboard right now :(

Can anyone capture the video interview and post it?

Well I remember someone saying that they took down the poster for sale on the LA shop site. I read on Facebook that was because they ran out of posters... so much for them changing the art :\

Maybe they will change the poster in time for the second print run :D

Hi there,

just spotted parabolee's picture lurking on the lucasarts.com SOMI SE official website....

Go to the site: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

Then click on the About, Friends, or Buy Now buttons. The brown paper scroll appears, with a faded out picture on it. The picture randomaly alternates between a few different characters so you might have to click away from it and back again a couple of times, but parabolee's "fixed" Guybrush is there!!!! Those lucas arts guys must really like it....

slipa

Those lucas arts guys must really like it....

Yeah, that was there BEFORE parabolee's fix. Maybe parabolee should explain that he just merged two pictures together, already from the game, in the first post. And why does everyone here say viola as opposed to voila?

Yeah, that was there BEFORE parabolee's fix. Maybe parabolee should explain that he just merged two pictures together, already from the game, in the first post. And why does everyone here say viola as opposed to voila?

What?! They changed their artwork before Parabolee mixed the two???

Nooooo. The "altered" image of Guybrush that Parabolee used was from a screenshot in-game of him looking at the parrot. He copy & pasted. So in that light it's no surprised that they'd have it there on the website since they're the ones who made it....they just didn't use it for the title image.

And why does everyone here say viola as opposed to voila?

Pedant :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I stand corrected! Oh well, as a newbie to this forum I think I made my grand entrance in style.......

Get the hell out of our forums forever

Yes :¬:

But you know what I'm talking about now right? or are you just playing stupid XD

Hey, no need to be a jerk!

When I created my version I just took the head from another piece of work from the game, which I have stated a bunch of times. The close up on Guybrush when he sees Meathook's parrot to be exact.

So the image he saw was just that close up. Not my version that mixes the two.

Hey, no need to be a jerk!

What? :confused: Thunderpeel was using sarcasm against me as he misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't being a jerk to him and I'm sure he knows that :confused:

The playing stupid bit was a joke hence why I put "XD" on the end. It's not like I said "you're an idiot for not getting what I meant" :confused:

What? :confused: Thunderpeel was using sarcasm against me as he misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't being a jerk to him and I'm sure he knows that :confused:

The playing stupid bit was a joke hence why I put "XD" on the end. It's not like I said "you're an idiot for not getting what I meant" :confused:

My bad, I failed to be clear that I was also joking. I missed my wink smiley on the end. No harm :)

Can we get the URL of this site changed to sandinourvaginasforums.com?

guyhinting.gif

And yes... I did just make that... so? That doesn't make me gay or anything... I mean, it's not gay if you imagine they are a woman... right? :roleyess:

I wasn't being sarcastic and I'm still utterly bewildered by your comments that LucasArts "did it first". Parabolee took two existing pieces of artwork and put them together to create a better cover. Are you saying LucasArts also did this first? What are you talking about, exactly?

I wasn't being sarcastic and I'm still utterly bewildered by your comments that LucasArts "did it first". Parabolee took two existing pieces of artwork and put them together to create a better cover. Are you saying LucasArts also did this first? What are you talking about, exactly?

I was replying to slipa... read his post :S Do I really have to explain it any more than that?

"They changed their artwork before Parabolee mixed the two???" And are you saying that ISN'T sarcasm?!

Edit: Actually, I'm just going to go out and explain it... slipa was talking about the picture of Gubyrush when he sees the parrot, being used on the official website but evidently thought that parabolee made this version of Guybrush. I corrected him, he realised his mistake and everything was cool.

And as for it being a better cover... well some people might think that but I wouldn't just go out and say it IS a better cover and I wouldn't just say it is NOT a better cover. Try not to use the words that it IS a better cover so as to respect other people's opinions :)

Archived