Home

Fixing the Special Edition poster :)

parabolee

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you dont mind parabolee but i posted a link your new version to the facebook fanpage for monkey island adventures where it got nothing but positive feedback, even from Craig Derrick the project lead :D !!

Fantastic work :D

p.s. sorry for spelling your name wrong twice in my original post :(

EDIT: apperently facebook either completely dropped the comment/like system or their having some bug. unfortunately this means all comments are gone, including the dev Q&A :( :( :( thankfully thunderpeel transcribed, hopefully its just a bug and the comments will be back after

EDIT2: And they're back, whew

I have a feeling it will be at least a few weeks before Tales myself. When asked they said very very soon. I'm pretty sure it will be any week now, my bet would be the 24th (XBLA games usually hit Wednesday).

I hope it's that soon! That would be amazing!

I hope you dont mind parabolee but i posted a link your new version to the facebook fanpage for monkey island adventures where it got nothing but positive feedback, even from Craig Derrick the project lead :D !!

Fantastic work :D

p.s. sorry for spelling your name wrong twice in my original post :(

EDIT2: And they're back, whew

Cool, thanks. How cool would it be if they changed the artwork!? Having the original artist change the face to one closer to this head.

I really think less people would complain about his hair if their first exposure was this image rather than the horrible original.

For me Guybrush was staring straight into the secret of Monkey island and was both amazed and afraid. And it made me want to discover the secret for myself.

This articulates it really well. I love that those old covers made you ask questions or feel inquisitive.

Purcell's Zak McKracken cover is in a way closer in tone to the new Monkey Island Special Edition cover. It's funny how just a characters expression can change the tone from a story being told within a cover to the normal, "Hey this is a game with these characters."

Monkey Island 2 is my favorite of the LucasArts covers. Hell, any Steve Purcell cover gets me all giddy. The Telltale Sam and Max covers were great in terms of color theory and atmosphere. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for the new Tales of Monkey Island DVD.

I just created a high definition of this poster so I can display it and show my love for the SE of Monkey Island (sans hideous surfer moron Guybrush).

Thought I would share it here for anyone that wanted it. Working on a wallpaper now too.

Download Link

Preview -

Monkey-Island-SE-Poster-LSEdition-800.jpg

Niiiiiiiice. You took that shot of Guybrush from the scene where he's looking at the parrot, didn't you? That bit of blue on his face to the left gives it away. Any way you can change the colour to a normal flesh tone?

Well in the new hi-def version I did I changed the blue to yellow to match the original poster better.

I just created a high definition of this poster so I can display it and show my love for the SE of Monkey Island (sans hideous surfer moron Guybrush).

Thought I would share it here for anyone that wanted it. Working on a wallpaper now too.

Download Link

Very-very cool :D I look forward to printing this out :)

While ill probably still order the original purely to satisfy the collector in me this one will hang right beside it :)

It would be ridiculously cool if they change the poster themselves though...

Unfortunately though the fact that there is already products listed in the LA store probably means the the final proofs are signed off on and they're at print as we speak (Which is total shame as your redone scene captures the tone so well)

That right there is Serendipity, hopefully they are able to capitalize on it in some way. Never pass up serendipity, its a gift

It still looks a little too blue on the left side of his face.

OK how's this -

Monkey-Island-SE-Poster-LSEdition-800v2.jpg

how did you incorporate the cannibals and ghost ship into this?

I found a nice high definition version of the poster which had the layout you see here.

Which was lucky because I didn't feel like hours moving everything around. Although I got some work to do to get the layout to work as a wallpaper. Which is what I am working on now.

Very-very cool :D I look forward to printing this out :)

While ill probably still order the original purely to satisfy the collector in me this one will hang right beside it :)

It would be ridiculously cool if they change the poster themselves though...

Unfortunately though the fact that there is already products listed in the LA store probably means the the final proofs are signed off on and they're at print as we speak (Which is total shame as your redone scene captures the tone so well)

That right there is Serendipity, hopefully they are able to capitalize on it in some way. Never pass up serendipity, its a gift

Thanks I'm glad you like it. Would love to buy a poster myself but I just can not look at the Guybrush face.

Be sure to re-download since I just uploaded a newer version making the left side of his face less blue, as requested above.

So apparently the old LA store seems to be down for maintenance as the facebook page now links to StarWarsShop.com

The interesting thing is they no longer list the old poster... possibly reprints with your design? (hopefull dream :D )

LOL, somehow I doubt it, but it would be awesome wouldn't it!? I mean it is all work of the original artist. All I did was combine his work on the poster with his work on another Guybrush closeup (one that hapens to be 100x better than the one he did for the poster).

Strange because from all the other screens I have seen I think he has done great work on Guybrush, it's just that poster. Oh and that horrible render for when Guybrush flies at the screen, can not even imagine why they sent that to the press!

Archived