Home

Kotor 3 MMO Vs. Rpg

qhost

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Single Player RPG...

MMOs may "in theory" have a good story and setting deep down in there

somewhere but it is not something you ever really come to know about...

It is lost and forgotten in the endless frustrating grinding...

I would, of course, love to see a true KOTOR 3, but at the same time I will likely play The Old Republic, and frankly would like to see someone succeed where so many others have failed and give WoW some competition in the genre.

There is no doubt that Blizzard did it, and continues to do it right and thus they are making millions. I think if any new MMO has a chance at that kind of success it will be this one given the enormous amount of interest in the Star Wars universe. Galaxies could have done more, but Sony completely botched the handling of the game.

At any rate, as I said, I would love to see another RPG sequel to KOTOR come from Bioware and Lucasarts, and perhaps when TOR is out and established, and if it is successful we will. At the same time I'm not discounting TOR completely, and will definitely give it a shot.

Meh. RPG's are way better than MMO's. That's just the way it is. In RPG's you don't have to deal with all the annoying people who do their best to ruin the experience for everyone else just because they got n00b pwn3d by the first boss.

Archived